• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Memorial Broadcast

Star Shark, you may be right, but I think you missed the intent of my question which basically boils down to:

How does a live TV format affect our modern day NT events if the public wanted to see the pro cards every day. Would the event need to change or would the way in which it was covered have to change (with respect to PGA events)?

This is the discussion I was hoping to get started. Thanks

Sorry, I went off on a tangent. DG is much hardert to cover than regular golf not just because of the multiple course format which is so common, but because of the terrains involved and such. The open courses of the Memorial lend themselves to coverage but as yet we don't have the budget to have crews on both courses. Perhaps tournaments should be readjusted to a single course format to encourage coverage, but as per my point in my previous post, most disc golfers aren't that interested in watching others play. Tournaments like the Vibram Open and the Master's Cup lend themselves to coverage as they're single course events. Pity the Golden State Classic is no more as that would have been ideal also.

The reason I called you out is because you made your first post on DGCR a negative post . . . and I am so used to hearing people complain about this and complain about things with no possible thought abotu why something may be the way it is. I simply put cannot tolerate the negative people in the world anymore, and it seems that disc golf really brings out the naysayers for whatever reason!

Perhaps you didnt deserve a calling out, I apologize,but I was not being super harsh or anything, my response was simply meant for you to think about and maybe figure out why it would be near impossible to have all three days be the pros. They did adapt it from the last year where the final day was ams, that was a big mistake in the past that they corrected for this one.

I am also good friends with one of the people directly involved with discgolfplanet.tv and I know the time and effort put into this sort of thing on their end only to be continuously criticized by all the people watching the "free" online broadcast. I simply defend them whenever I have a legitimate reason to, and it unfortunately is usually coming from people that do not understand the bigger picture of it all, they only see what they see and think that is is subpar.

BTW I have moved on and will not hold the post against you, and thank you for donating and supporting the cause!

Mike

I agree people are way to negative on forums and say things they would never dream of saying in person to other people. I apologize for coming across in such a critical way.

Do we have any ETA on when those huge files will be available for us to watch yet? I understand files that size are somewhat of a logistical nightmare, just hoping there may be some idea of when I'll be able to see my mug in the broadcast. Or from my brothers perspective, "Nice layup on hole one, you look like a huge Douche."

Do we have any ETA on when those huge files will be available for us to watch yet? I understand files that size are somewhat of a logistical nightmare, just hoping there may be some idea of when I'll be able to see my mug in the broadcast. Or from my brothers perspective, "Nice layup on hole one, you look like a huge Douche."

Terry said they were hoping to be done by the end of the weekend

It would be cool if they had all of the holes on video. I was definitely being a clown on saturday and was getting the crowds involved. I hadn't had a bogey since early in my round and went for a long putt on 15 that went over the hill behind the basket and left me blocked. I got a bogey and there were some groans. I didn't care so I went to the next tee and asked what shot I should throw. Someone said roller. Then there were some dares and double dares. Out came my forehand roller which I launched way right. It kept running and running like Forrest Gump and ended up 20ft past the basket inside the circle. The crowd went nuts. It almost went 400ft. And I made the putt. Disc golf can be fun.

It would be cool if they had all of the holes on video. I was definitely being a clown on saturday and was getting the crowds involved. I hadn't had a bogey since early in my round and went for a long putt on 15 that went over the hill behind the basket and left me blocked. I got a bogey and there were some groans. I didn't care so I went to the next tee and asked what shot I should throw. Someone said roller. Then there were some dares and double dares. Out came my forehand roller which I launched way right. It kept running and running like Forrest Gump and ended up 20ft past the basket inside the circle. The crowd went nuts. It almost went 400ft. And I made the putt. Disc golf can be fun.

Thats ****ing Awesome Chris! :thmbup:

And thanks again for gettin my disc out of that toilet bowl they call a pond haha!

luck.:p

:doh:

That was where I looked, but I didn't think to click the view list and it just looked like it wasn't loading.

i was just rewatching some of the archived footage and believe i heard our own ThreePutt's government name used by the PDGA tech standards guy (jeff homburg maybe?) as being part of the governing body that decides on the standards, etc. for approving discs and baskets.

did i hear correctly, and/or can you tell us any more about what you do with the tech standards group, ThreePutt?

Latest posts