• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Midrange

Here's what I carry:
MVP Axis, Innova Star coyote, and TI Wasp. I use my axis as my straight or turnover mid that has little to no fade. I use my star coyote for most duties and anny shots. I use my wasp for driving, and OS duties, as it has late dependable fade.

As I mentioned in the putter thread. Try out as many as you can, do you can find what works for you.

Last edited:
Champ Spider - overstable short approaches, sometimes putt with it as well
Elite X Buzzz - my go to midrange, all purpose
GL Fuse - understable midrange
DX Cobra - longer turnovers
Champ King Cobra - long approaches and off the tee for some holes

You could probably whittle that down to just Vector, Axis, and Fuse.

absolutely I could. I just recently got my axis,vector, and tangent though. Haven't thrown my beloved buzzz's in quite a few rounds. And still working on the tangent, not quite ready to kick the fuse out but it's definitely getting jealous!

First ones listed are bagged while second ones are backup.

Overstable/flick: GL Pain or FLX Drone
Stable/straight: FLX/Z/Cryztal Buzzz or GL Core
Understable: Opto Fuse or Z Comet

Have a Roc too but have more history with the Buzzz.

Right now I'm rocking the following combo from overstable to stable.

GL Pain
Buzzz
Opto Fuse

I've had the buzzz since I started 9 months ago and it can just do everything. I got the fuse a few weeks ago and love it as well. Mid turnover shots, s-curve upshots, hyzer flip lasers. Great disc. I just got the Pain in a trade and didn't really have an overstable mid in the bag so I figured I'd try it. Tried a DX Roc but I just don't like DX plastic.

Buzzz and Fuse are locks but I'll probably still try out other overstable midrange stuff.

Just a question. What are the major differences in flight between your Ti Buzzz and your GL Core? I've only thrown one Ti Buzzz but to me it flew almost exactly like my GL Cores. Maybe its just me.

There might be a little overlap. My GL Core (1st run) is straight with little fade, but I worry about turning it at long ranges or in mild headwinds. Max Wt Ti Buzzz is more stable - handles power and little headwind better, with more fade at the end of flight. It would be tough to kick either one out of the bag.

I don't use mids as much as most people. I have great confidence in my Pigs and I use them for a lot of mid-range shots. However, in today's 303 Am tourney I threw a lot more mids just because the weather was so nasty I wasn't getting the pop on my drives that I normally do. Anyway, here's the 3 mids always in my bag:

Roc3: overstable headwind shots, midrange shots when I need a lot of stank
Ibex: straight shots or turnovers in fairly calm conditions, all mid shots in scrappy weather
Tangent: understable shots (right finishing) and super straight touch shots

I also carry the following depending on conditions: Prodigy M1, KC Roc, XG Roc Plus

Really diggin my new combo of Swedish plastic mids, switched to all lat64/westside/dd bag and have shot the best rounds of my life with them

Opto Pain, water hyzer shots
GL mace, straight, finish left
Zero mace, beating into straight
TP warship, straight straight till ^ mace is ready
TP Tursas, hyzer flip, turn right

Still deciding on the summer bag:

us: comet or kite (also use pures)
straight: tangent or axis or mako
more os: wasp or hornet
max os/utility: trident

Mids:
Z-Buzzz 175g-Workhorse mid.
Z-Buzzz 176g-Overstable fresh Buzzz
Z-Comet 175g-Straight, Tunnel shots, Long Turnovers.
X-Comet 175g- Hyzerflip, Tailwind, Turnover.
S-P2 175g- Driving Putter

Sentinel
Champ cobra
New dx cobra
Beat dx cobra

My favorite mid setup, and they feel really good FH too.

Z Buzzz - enough said about this disc, my go to most thrown disc. This particular one is the first disc I ever bought 4 years and at least 10,000 trees old. Still flys like the day I bought it.

155g Gold Flying Squirrel - flat out clutch. Still amazed at the shots I can pull off with this thing. Learn something new about it each time I throw it. Odds are when my mind is boggled, and there is no obvious answer I grab for this disc.

ESP Zone - brand new, going to give it a go. Only have 9 holes in on it but from what i can tell whole new options are now opened up. This one could be a game changer.

Drone, Hornet, Wasp, Buzzz, Buzzz SS, Zone -- Kite, Mako, Shark, Roc, Roc, Roc, Gator -- Fugitive, Core, Fuse, Warship, Flying Squirrel, Axis, Tangent (really all of MVPs putters/mids can be used for anything IMO) Ion, Anode. Um. Yeah there are myriad midranges on the market.

Right now I go OS-US: flx Drone, z Wasp, flx Buzzz, Pro Shark, bio Fugitive, Soft Proton Ion. If I needed to cut down to just one mid, I'd pick the flx Buzzz, but I really like having a wide range to choose from. Kinda like having a rescue club, 3-4 wedges and a 9-iron.. gotta keep the options open!

I keep a ton of mids in my bag, I have a ton that do pretty much the same job as another one, it just depends on what I feel like throwing.
I have:
champ spider, short range shots shape shots
Roc3, long shots
Z buzzz do all
VIP Tursas (new as of yesterday so not sure how it will work in)
Opto pain longer gentle hyzers, or dead straight approach
S-line gremlin, when nothing else will work this will
VIP warship, longer floaty shots where glide is needed
Champ TL plus mold (yes I know that it is a fairway driver, but I use it a lot for standing snap approach shots)

I carry four mids in my bag. I use a Z Buzzz SS for turnover or uphill shots, a ESP/Z Buzzz for dead straight shots, a Glo Z Wasp for overstable duties and finally an ESP Comet to save me in those awkward situations. My most dependable 2nd-shot disc is my midnight Z Challenger, use this more than any other.

Latest posts