• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Millennium Scorpius

Any experts that can describe the Scorpius and Destroyer differences? I don't throw either, it is just curiosity at this point.

Not an expert, but the feel is a bit different to me. Scorpius feels maybe a bit deeper, but not much. The flight tends to be more mellow, a bit more turn, a bit less fade. Often called the only good destroyers. I have been under the impression that it is a slightly retooled destroyer mold, but I can't say with certainty.

Not an expert, but the feel is a bit different to me. Scorpius feels maybe a bit deeper, but not much. The flight tends to be more mellow, a bit more turn, a bit less fade. Often called the only good destroyers. I have been under the impression that it is a slightly retooled destroyer mold, but I can't say with certainty.

I'd agree with this totally. I've only thrown 1 Scorpius, a metal flake champion. It was definitely mellower than a champion Destroyer. Much easier to put on a flat line, and it held that flat line longer than a Destroyer before fading. The fade was also later and less severe than a Destroyer. I probably got an extra 20' out of the Scorpius for that reason.

I won't at all call it flippy, but it simply doesn't fade out as soon as a Destroyer.

Champ Destroyer: 12, 4, 0, 3- These are slightly beefier numbers than I'd give most star Destroyers.
Metal flake Scorpius: 12, 5, -1, 2

I also agree that the Scorpius seems to have a deeper rim.

Any experts that can describe the Scorpius and Destroyer differences? I don't throw either, it is just curiosity at this point.

What has been said above, it does feel deeper, and the edge is a little more blunt, or at least it feels that way to me. I wanted to love destroyers, but they never quite fit in my hand correctly, the scorpius does.

Some seem to have a slight concaveness to the inside of the rim as well. I tried to like destroyers also, and frankly don't have a lot of business throwing speed 12 anyway, but the scorp works for me. Clean forehands, and fits my hand well. I've had good success with low line drives with them as well. The base scorps are my go to, have one Sirius that is nicely worked in, one fresh 1.8 that is pretty beefy. Hoping the 1.9 is less beef than 1.8.

I'll let you know Sunday. Mine are stuck in fedex hell.

Mine just got delivered. 172 white and a 170 light blue, the white one feels flat and suuuppperrrr nice, closer to a wraith than a destroyer and on the flatter side. The blue one has a little more dome, feels good too. Can't wait to get them in the air.

My thoughts: as has been said Scorps are slightly deeper and a tiny bit blunter than Destroyers. The first run (mostly what I've thrown) were definitely more mellow than a typical Destroyer. Later runs that I've thrown have been every bit as overstable as Destroyers though so it definitely varies. In my experience, the early run Champ/MF Scorps were a little flatter and a little less overstable than the Stars (not sure about later runs of Champ/MF though). When you're looking at Scorps, the same basics apply as Destroyers though: pop top = more OS, higher wing/PLH = more OS, more concave wing = more OS. There are less runs out there so there's less variation and less to learn because there are fewer discs, and you can always tell what run they're from.

And the Sirius plastic of the early ones are the maaad notes

Yeah the FR Sirius is very firm and stiff. Later runs I've handled have been more grippy/gummy and not quite as stiff. If you like firm/stiff Star plastic, go find some FR's. They don't fetch nearly the price of early Destroyers since the collector's market isn't nearly as big.

Anyone throw the Barsby 1.9s? I got out for some field work with some 1.8s yesterday. I was throwing them about the same as my destroyers but got ahold of one and had my longest throw ever. Love these things.

This is good info. Thinking about going all scorps instead of a mix of destroyers and scorps.

The Gregg Barsby Swirly Sirius Scorpious from the Infinite VIP Club are just STUPID overstable. I get zero turn from these things with a full power pull. Granted, my power has diminished with age and back surgeries, and I only top out at about 375' now. But these are definitely stable as hell.

I'll second that Reniger, the VIP swirly scorp is overstable with zero turn for me as well (approx same power level). At the same time it did have some glide and made for some long hyzers. Nice disc it might take my OS destroyer slot.

These Barsby 1.9 are very similar than the 2nd run of Scorpius. Haven't tested yet, but 2nd run is very nice.

In the photos pink is 171g 2nd run, whites are new ones(2x165g, 1x170g).

Attachments

• EDC2C46E-BF48-4928-AD3C-BE58355D5F42.jpg
    EDC2C46E-BF48-4928-AD3C-BE58355D5F42.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 679B9805-2A95-4690-89F8-D894C2BB270A.jpg
    679B9805-2A95-4690-89F8-D894C2BB270A.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 0E83A973-0B15-4408-972D-B4E22DA3C7FB.jpg
    0E83A973-0B15-4408-972D-B4E22DA3C7FB.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 52

Latest posts