• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Minneapolis - June 22-24 Must play?

JFasteen

Headed to MSP next week. Boatloads of courses around, some of my time will be warming up for Granite City Classic but what are my "must play" destinations?

Depends which direction you are entering into the state. Rickles is spot on with VQ/BRP (VQ is $10 to play if open and BRP is $5 to play) being the best in close proximity of St. Cloud (the st cloud courses are very nice too!), I would suggest spending more time at BRP, as VQ has some water holes that are easy to lose discs on - dont need that before a tourney!

If you are entering the state near the twin cities area - Bryant Lake, The Valley, Kaposia and CP Adams are my suggestions. Enjoy your time here!

Here are a few that I would recommend.
St. Cloud - Hidden Lake, Riverside, Calvary
Central MN (northern suburbs) - Blue Ribbon, Vision Quest
Twin Cities - The Valley, Kaposia, Bryant Lake

In the twin cities I would recommend:

Kaposia
The Valley
Bryant Lake
Lakewood
Blue Ribbon Pines
Vision Quest
Acorn
Hansen (if you aren't scared of cones)
CP Adams
Bassett Creek
Oakwood
Hyland

Check out:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67338

Must play? My favorites are Kaposia and Bryant. I'd go from there depending on what kind of courses you like.

I'm sure he's seeing Phish, didn't talk to him about it but i'm sure of it. So maybe the TC courses are in play for him...

Bryant Lake Park was my favorite when I was visiting. BRP is also a must play. Vison quest wasn't there when I played, but I've heard great things.

Kaposia, although it can be confusing (no #s on signs and long walks), is the most fun course in the area.

Kaposia, although it can be confusing (no #s on signs and long walks), is the most fun course in the area.

The added arrows pointing to the next hole and new hole numbers on the baskets :D

Now if only they could add trash can's to each hole... too many people leaving beer cans on a few holes! :|

There is a long walk after hole 17 at kaposia. After you finish hole 24, you also have to find holes 25 & 26. They are back where 17 left off. Ask at the pro shop, they are very helpful.

Sorry for the slow response. Been travelling for work. Yes Phish, yes TC courses, yes St. Cloud is in play. Played Bryant quite a spell ago, would be good to try again but that is the only one I remember playing in the cities. Thinking Kaposia and BRP.

Latest posts