• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Minnesota

Why on earth did they start charging for the toilet of a course in Inver Grove Heights? I think for 5 bucks they should have a nice place like Blue Ribbon, even the three rivers parks only cost 3 per time and are pretty well kept.

I'm curious why you think The Valley is a "toilet of a course". I think it's a fun layout on a cool piece of land.

I'm curious why you think The Valley is a "toilet of a course". I think it's a fun layout on a cool piece of land.

but $5? definitely not worth that when it was the north valley course. i doubt the addition made it all that much better. and that park always had a ton of trash, is that even cleaned up?
and the land, think of the course that could be there...

but $5? definitely not worth that when it was the north valley course. i doubt the addition made it all that much better. and that park always had a ton of trash, is that even cleaned up?
and the land, think of the course that could be there...

I don't know what you think $5 gets you these days but spending it playing 2 or 3 rounds of great disc on a fun course is better than the 1.3 gallons of gas you can burn in 20 min driving around that you might otherwise spend that money on.

In regards to the trash, it was still pretty bad last I played, but I only see it getting better as they are able to restrict the flow of morons through the park, and implement more trash cans and better maintenance.

You're speculating anyway, being that you haven't played the course. They made a ton of significant changes, including adding 4 new holes, merging 2 old ones, and landscaping the **** out of a bunch of areas. Not to mention you can get a season pass for $40 ($30 for residents of SSP or IGH) that, I believe, is good at the Valley and Kaposia, compared to the $140 that BRP is asking this year...

thats a good price on a season pass

Well, it IS sort of shaped like a bowl. Yeah, that must be what he meant.

Why on earth did they start charging for the toilet of a course in Inver Grove Heights? I think for 5 bucks they should have a nice place like Blue Ribbon, even the three rivers parks only cost 3 per time and are pretty well kept.

I played this course last fall and it was awesome will worth the season pass cost. I can see not wanting to pay $5 per outing but just get the pass and it will be well worth it. They have done some bigtime updating and the course was very clean when I was there. I haven't made it yet this year but I will soon. The trees they planted are going to be insane in 5 years.

I don't know what you think $5 gets you these days but spending it playing 2 or 3 rounds of great disc on a fun course is better than the 1.3 gallons of gas you can burn in 20 min driving around that you might otherwise spend that money on.

In regards to the trash, it was still pretty bad last I played, but I only see it getting better as they are able to restrict the flow of morons through the park, and implement more trash cans and better maintenance.

You're speculating anyway, being that you haven't played the course. They made a ton of significant changes, including adding 4 new holes, merging 2 old ones, and landscaping the **** out of a bunch of areas. Not to mention you can get a season pass for $40 ($30 for residents of SSP or IGH) that, I believe, is good at the Valley and Kaposia, compared to the $140 that BRP is asking this year...

I have never understood why everyone likes this course so much? What is it? Hole #2 is a good hole as is the one like 11 or 12 that goes across the pond. The 4 holes that you have to cross under the road are terrible, the course has no trash cans at holes and is infested with a bunch of teenagers smoking dope and REFUSING to let you play through. I live nowhere near there, it was a ok free course in my opinion it is pretty comparable to Oakwood in Cottage Grove, pretty muddy and not really well kept. I personally played there on Wednesday this past week and won't be back

so.. I haven't played since the redesign of North Valley. It was a good course before - it does suffer a bit in comparison to Kaposia which is pretty close - but I can only expect it got better (I'll make sure to stop there in July). I wouldn't expect to see effects of the newly implemented pay2play immediately anyway. The way parks and rec are doing these days they're not gonna throw $$ at anything until they get a decent idea of the funds it'll yield. Maybe after a couple seasons they'll invest in the course prior to collecting the actual p2p funds, but even now it should help clean the park up and keep annoying kids out.
and IMO $40 is a sweet deal for a Kaposia and Valley pass.

pass is 30$ for everyone! Valley BOOTH is open!

to clairify! season pass is $30 for VDGC & Kaposia dgc!
Kaposia is still CLOSED! 5/1
VALLEY dgc is not a toilet, its a valley! the people that call it a toilet most times are the ones that fill it with poop.
it was and is a struggle to keep clean! i filled 5 bags of trash myself before they put the trash cans back in. To play the new holes go threw the tunnel take left.

beware of ticks & have fun...

4/29 the hastings course was packed and trash was everywhere...

I have never understood why everyone likes this course so much? What is it? Hole #2 is a good hole as is the one like 11 or 12 that goes across the pond. The 4 holes that you have to cross under the road are terrible, the course has no trash cans at holes and is infested with a bunch of teenagers smoking dope and REFUSING to let you play through. I live nowhere near there, it was a ok free course in my opinion it is pretty comparable to Oakwood in Cottage Grove, pretty muddy and not really well kept. I personally played there on Wednesday this past week and won't be back

Um, good? I doubt you went there on a school day and found the pay course infested with teenagers. If you've got a problem with people smoking you may as well just design your own disc golf course because, reality check, it happens all over. And, muddy? The 6-7 feet of snow we got this winter melted recently. It's spring, get over it. In my 3 years I've never once ran into a group that wouldn't let me play through if my group was in a position where it was warranted. Maybe it's because I'm not a curmudgeonly prick...

You gave no legitimate criticism of the holes other than "they are terrible". Very well thought out.

its $30 for everyone im #114

its $30 for everone, i already bought mine at the booth- $30 they dont care where your from.
JoshEpoo- good call, you the man!:thmbup:
------------------------------------------
when i say dog turd park its a warning to watch out for k9 poo on the course!