• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mission Impossible 147 holes today!

Oops - you said all 54 at Codurus? You're gonna be one tired puppy.

Am dying to know how your game goes as the day goes on. I am sure you are going to need a serious muscle relaxer tonight. = )

I've always wanted to do something like this, but I'd prefer to do it on a day on or near the summer solstice so I could get the maximum amount of daylight, not to mention it being warmer. Come to think of it, that would be a fun road trip/endurance tournament idea.

72 holes is about all my arm can take though.

OK I am home....sore as hell..but had an amazing day...I played 129 holes, started at daybreak with a rooster crowing at Whispering Falls 18, then 54 at Codorus through gale force winds and downpour rain, then 36 at Pinchott Woods, I decided to skip Buchmiller as I was running out of time, I finished the day at Roland Park for 21. Made some birdies, some bogies, My game fluctuated throughout the day....I did notice that I played better on the more difficult courses where I was concentrating and having fun and then I played lousy at the more annoying redundant Codorus where my mind started to drift. I had more problem with my mental fatigue than my body....but wait til tomorrow I will be one hurting puppy I can feel it coming on. Whispering Falls is a top course by far I am amazed that it is not rated higher on here. I also liked Quakers Challenge very much, Roland was a pleasant surprise..it was a fun course to play. Except for the X 9 and the CC 9 I thought Codorus was very redundant and boring. Boulder Woods was enjoyable as well due to the concrete tees, that was a welcome change. I could write all night but I am making myself a huge dinner and gonna shower. I did not keep score, at times I was literally jogging and throwing to try to get through Codorus. I think I must have made 450-500 throws today I am not sure. By the way....never again! The drive out to Whispering was over 2 hrs and total time from my place and back was 4 am to 8 pm= 16 hours. Whats really sad is I could have played Whispering Falls all day...that place is amazing!

Sounds like a crazy long day. I'm surprised you stuck it out through the heavy rains and winds, that would have stopped me more than likely.

Did you end up playing solo most/all of your rounds? I think I'm going to have to do an all day thing like this sometime this summer.

OK I am home....sore as hell..but had an amazing day...I played 129 holes, started at daybreak with a rooster crowing at Whispering Falls 18, then 54 at Codorus through gale force winds and downpour rain, then 36 at Pinchott Woods, I decided to skip Buchmiller as I was running out of time, I finished the day at Roland Park for 21. Made some birdies, some bogies, My game fluctuated throughout the day....I did notice that I played better on the more difficult courses where I was concentrating and having fun and then I played lousy at the more annoying redundant Codorus where my mind started to drift. I had more problem with my mental fatigue than my body....but wait til tomorrow I will be one hurting puppy I can feel it coming on. Whispering Falls is a top course by far I am amazed that it is not rated higher on here. I also liked Quakers Challenge very much, Roland was a pleasant surprise..it was a fun course to play. Except for the X 9 and the CC 9 I thought Codorus was very redundant and boring. Boulder Woods was enjoyable as well due to the concrete tees, that was a welcome change. I could write all night but I am making myself a huge dinner and gonna shower. I did not keep score, at times I was literally jogging and throwing to try to get through Codorus. I think I must have made 450-500 throws today I am not sure. By the way....never again! The drive out to Whispering was over 2 hrs and total time from my place and back was 4 am to 8 pm= 16 hours. Whats really sad is I could have played Whispering Falls all day...that place is amazing!

next time just play everything but codorus. play whispering falls twice. that still gives you an amazing 129 holes. how many people can say they did that? now do it on back to back days and i would tip my hat to you. thats either dedication or craziness. 258 holes in 32 hours is an average of over 8 holes an hour (not counting driving). either way you go dude,. awesome feat.

I gather you did all this by yourself? I have only hit a measly two courses back to back,course with how I play it takes all day just to finish those two;)
Wish I could find a bunch of players to do something like that. My friends think of Discing as something to just kill time.

Congratulations, though I wish for your sake the weather had been better. Maybe it would be more fun to try this on a sunny day in midsummer. I've never played more than about 50 holes in a day, and that was all on the same course. I've gotta tip my hat to you for your stamina and sense of adventure.

Good luck, but I'm really not sure what the point of that is. Why don't you just run 40 miles and throw a disc while you do it.

I suppose the point is to play a lot of disc golf. And I enjoy running thoroughly. And we won't really be running, we'll be jogging. I guess the same question could be asked of why drink beer on the course? It slows down the game so you get less playing time. And why line up a shot for 45 seconds if you can just step up and throw it just as well?

I once saw someone running between throws and throwing as soon as he reached his disc. Someone I was playing with said the guy was playing some sort of speed game, where you add your number of strokes to the number of minutes you took to finish the round (or something like that) for your total score.

Speed golf seems like it would be pretty fun. Thought about trying it a couple times but havent as of yet.

I once saw someone running between throws and throwing as soon as he reached his disc. Someone I was playing with said the guy was playing some sort of speed game, where you add your number of strokes to the number of minutes you took to finish the round (or something like that) for your total score.

There is an older man at my course that always plays that way. I offered to let him play with us and he responded that we where to slow. He just laughed and walked away.

You don't need to add the number of minutes to your score, or even keep score for that matter. You can just play for the fastest time... because more throws are going to make you zig-zag more as well as slow you down while you pick up your disc, take a step, and throw. (That said, speed ball golf does use the strokes-plus-minutes method.)

It's just like the biathlon (cross-country skiing + rifle shooting); if you want to make a really good shot you've got to take a moment to let your heart rate and breathing return to something approaching normal. Or you can just let 'er rip, and there's no telling where it might go.

There is an older man at my course that always plays that way. I offered to let him play with us and he responded that we where to slow. He just laughed and walked away.

A couple of months ago, my friends and I were waiting on a tee box when down the path from the previous hole comes this old man at a trot.

As he approached us, he said "Mind if I play through?" Without missing a beat, he ran up on the tee box and threw. As he took off after his disc, I yelled "Hey, bud, how old are you?"

He glanced over his shoulder and yelled "76!" And off he went.

All I could think was "Cool."

Woodpecker

Dude, you rule!

Congrats, that some serious golf. Even though there is less daylight this time of year, hence, why you ran out of time and couldn't play Buchmiller, there is also an advantage playing now. The less foliage on the trees et al, makes looking for discs much easier. WF and QC can be especially hard to find errant throws during the summer and can really slow you down.

Latest posts