• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Courses Played in a state you haven't lived

I have lived in NJ for the last 27 years but have played about 30 in Michigan and 40 in PA.

I find it quite comical that you've played almost as many Sconnie courses at Montana courses.

WI - 65,500 Sqare miles - 297 courses
MT - 147,000 Square miles - 46 courses

Is it really that strange?

I live in Texas.

For me that other state I've played the most courses in is Kansas. Obvious reasons.

I've only ever lived in OH

I have 52 courses played in MI. And 55 in OH. For a LONG time I had more played in Michigan than Ohio.

Not up to snuff but I've got 7 in Mississippi. Used to live in Mobile and was able to go over every so often

41 in Illinois, 9 Michigan, 8 in Minnesota, Missouri and Oregon. 208 in my home state of Wisconsin (not counting a resign in Oak Creek and 3 practice areas).

Last edited:
Hope it's OK to update, since the thread's been resurrected...
I live in Cincinnati, and have lived in Ohio since 1963.
Never lived in Indiana (57 courses) or Kentucky (59).

Last edited:
Don't really mean to thread jack here, but the original question got me thinking how many of us course baggers pick up states on trips just for the sake of the states played achievement?
My response to the original question was 42 courses in KY, but I'm a little ashamed to admit that I've got 10 states with only one course played. :eek:
6 States and 1 Province with only 1 played. But in all of them except Hawaii and Quebec I expect to have more played in the future, as there will will be future exercise stops while traveling between here and the Midwest, or the East Coast.

As to the main question, Oregon, Kansas, and Illinois are tied at 4. :eek:

There should have been more in Illinois and Kansas, but moving from Iowa and the KC area happened sooner than expected in both cases. :( And in both cases, there were plenty of courses in Iowa and Missouri that were worth playing over and over, so the fun of staying closer to home more balanced the desire/fun of playing new courses.

The majority of courses I've played have been in Missouri (lived there for 11+ of the 12 years I've played). Next highest total not in Wisconsin is, Iowa with 8. I'll be sure to get to some northern Illinois courses soon, so that number will bump up ahead of Iowa quickly.

Looks like 21 in Colorado, got family there so usually visit at least once a year. Hoping to up that number in September with another visit.

WI - 65,500 Sqare miles - 297 courses
MT - 147,000 Square miles - 46 courses

Is it really that strange?

Just more random than anything. What's the chances the place you most frequently fly to for work happens to house several SP members?

Just more random than anything. What's the chances the place you most frequently fly to for work happens to house several SP members?

Pretty lucky. Although if I hadn't started boycotting United it might have been Iowa where I played so many courses. Fortunately(or not, probably depending on whose opinion you take) Heavycritters reached out the first time I flew Delta into Madison. And now I'm a course bagger :\

Outside of my home state of Florida I have played 44 courses in 7 other states. Leading those would be:

Georgia - 15
North Carolina - 11
Washington - 9

Pretty lucky. Although if I hadn't started boycotting United it might have been Iowa where I played so many courses. Fortunately(or not, probably depending on whose opinion you take) Heavycritters reached out the first time I flew Delta into Madison. And now I'm a course bagger :\

tumblr_l2ng8v6kkj1qzfrzw-1.gif

Since starting playing I've only lived in two different states, California and South Carolina.
I have 176 in CA and 118 in SC.
Total courses played is 402.

As far as states I haven't lived in, my numbers aren't that good.

I guess my top 3 are:
AZ - 11
CO - 15
NC - 24

32 in Idaho, which I've never lived in
61 in WA since '02, where I haven't lived since '94

101 in OR
30-something in MS

Last edited:
Well, with 265 courses played in my home state of Texas.

Next up is Oklahoma with 41
Arkansas with 39
and Tennessee with 24

I have family in TN, At one time I had played every course in Arkansas, but they are adding them faster than I can play them.

I have a lot in OK to play, but my current goal is to play every course I can in Texas.

Latest posts