• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Exhausting Courses....

I can't believe no one has brought this one up. Its not grueling at all.....if you are a friggin mountain goat!
Diamond X in Billings Montana.

I thought of that one as well, but I wanted to limit my post to courses I have already played.

Diamond X has been in my wish list for a loooooong time. I can not wait to move it over to the courses played list!

The worst I have played was Golden Hills near Blacksburg Va. I hope to play Hawk Hollow this Saturday so I will probably be updating this from what I am hearing.......jb

I thought of that one as well, but I wanted to limit my post to courses I have already played.

Diamond X has been in my wish list for a loooooong time. I can not wait to move it over to the courses played list!

Diamond X is an amazing experience and the most exhausting course I have played (by far). It is an absolute "must play" course that needs to be on everyone's "bucket list". The actual throws the course makes you execute are not overly inspiring (with a few absolutely amazing exceptions)....but everything else about that place is over the top!

bogey, hickory is pretty physical, but carly's playground is almost worse...

^Agreed. Renny Gold's a bear for sure. Different courses can take their toll in different ways: Extreme elevation, lots of long holes, extremely challenging and unforgiving, can be brutally hot, or just a mental beat-down.

Haven't played any on ski slopes, like Hickory Hills , but I imagine they can be quite exhausting.

Of those I've played, these stick out:

Idlewild: pretty much wore me out in a well balanced fashion, beat me up a little in every way on a 100 degree day.

Toboggan: not quite a ski slope, but not too far from that. After all, it is on a toboggan run: combo of brutal rough and hard to find shade for stretches can really take a toll over and 8800' of serious and continuous elevation changes.

Ponds of Lakeshore: not a demanding course... except when you make the mistake of playing the 4th of July in 97 degree heat on a course that has no shade. :eek:

Nevin: If the finnesse game is not your idea of fun, this could be one of the longest, least enjoyable rounds you play.

Holler in the Hills is troubling... Idlewild isn't so much. Idle beats your ass and ego, tells you that you suck (and how much you suck). Lincoln Ridge is a hump. I'd say Lincoln is more of a work out than Idle.

Well hell

I think the Renny Gold exaustion is more about the mental aspect of the game. There is some elevation and such but Mentally that course is very draining

Come on, you've seen me throw. A 4,000' pitch and putt is a mental drain for me. We are talking about physical exhaustion. Renny isn't the easiest, but the climbs aren't tough.

I guess my home course as it consist in between a hole where there is a long huge path from 16-17 and bad thing is it is hilly and right after you get done walking you got to take like 5 minute break to get your breath back.

Hiking: definitely Kirkwood (steep, hilly, 8000'+ elevation) and Finnon Reservoir (rough terrain, nasty shule, and some long walks between holes)

Playing: Brazos Park East in Waco, TX. A long front 9 gives way to a tight forested back 9 with still plenty of length.

Strangely Blue Mountain in PA is the hardest physical course Ive played.....way worse than Diamond X, Iron Hill, Renny,

difficult terrain, mandatory to play only during middle of day in summer, brutal rough, brutal footing.....its just not much fun watching your disc sail 500-600 feet into a ravine layered in cedars and impenetrateable rough

sure the entire course is a hike down the mountain...sounds easy until your done and your spent with quads throbbing from bracing yourself from falling all day long

Reno adventure course red. Easy course to die on or get messed up bad if you are just not paying attention all the time. Cliffs with goat trails and sliding rocks. Extreme everything and with the heat you better have water, one dizzy spell and it will be your last. This course is the most extreme I have ever played.

The Isle of Mull in Scotland looks like it would be a bit challenging on the calves.

Flip City is the only course I have played one round and it wore me out. I have no idea why I thought I could handle more that day, but 24 holes, 7000 feet of elevation changes and 85 degree heat knocked me out.

Zephyr Cove was a pretty challenging round. I played it after a long road trip, so I was already tired before the round, but it still kicked me.

Deven's Hill was fairly strenous, and also incredibly fun.

Kirkland Mtn Resort plays mostly uphill with maybe only 3/4 downhill holes.

Agreed on Zephyr and Kirkwood. I'll throw in Sierra College, Black Butte Reservoir, Beaver Ranch, and Bijou (because it's 27 holes).

Three come to mind in my area. Flyboy, Va Du Mar, and Grand Central Station.

Arizona Snowbowl, hands down. The elevation, combined with the relentless climbs and long holes, beat me down. I played in late September when it was relatively cool. I can't imagine trying to play it in any type of heat.

Snowbowl will beat anyone's butt that is not used to the elevation. 9k+ feet makes for some thin air. We used to head up at 9am and play two rounds with lunch in between. Always slept well that night. One time in June we got stuck in a small snow flurry. Went from sunny and warm to cloudy with a bit of snow back to sunny and warm.

The most tiring single round I've ever played was at Brian Head in Utah. The day we played, we had the dog with us, so we had to walk to the first tee rather than taking the ski lift. That meant a few miles of hiking, starting at 9600 feet and ending at 11,300 feet, then a long round with lots of bomber holes and several uphill shots mixed into the mostly downhill layout. At the time I hadn't discovered quads, so I was carrying an Innova Competition bag with just a single shoulder strap. On top of that, I was carrying enough water for me and for the dog to last us the hike up and a long round back down, probably a gallon or so in total.