• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Exhausting Courses....

Flip City during an Ice Bowl was the most exhausting round I've ever played. There was 2 1/2ft of snow on the ground. High stepping Flip with those hills ain't easy...

Noill Golf takes a drive at flip on hole 4..
photo-3.jpg

over the line :|

If nobody said Horseshoe Canyon Ranch then...

Horseshoe Canyon Ranch.

hummel in omaha.......solitude mountain in utah (if you don't take the ski lift).......Walking up to whistlers bend version of the top of the world shot (higher than delaveaga) is a huff and puff........

Blue Valley was exhausting, even when I played the short positions. I played back-to-back rounds at both Phantom Falls and Conifer (on separate occasions), and neither left me nearly as wiped out as one round at Blue Valley.

It took a lot of fun out of what could be a great course.

I'll throw out the mighty gaw course in suburban new jersey. Up and down that damn ski hill 5 times.

Stafford seems less exhausting these days to me. Its really only hole 1 that you hike.

BOP sounds oddly familiar...kinda like an old temp course named Tarwater.

Those shadeless badlands courses sound like hell, except when you factor in the reno adventure course.

But Sqauw takes it in my book of courses so far. Starting at 8500 and then along the bowl and extreme uphill at the end. I was very tired.

I forgot to mention Tarwater. That course definatly takes it out of you.

Conifer CO is a good one.

Since I haven't hit a ton of courses, but do live in CO, I'd say Beever Creek/Conifer is a fairly tiring course. :p I've been up that way a few times and both times I was ready to crash out for an hr afterwards. Rocky Mountain courses change so much in elevation that it can really bare down on ya after a few holes.

I havent played Phantom Falls here yet, or hit any super high country courses near the ski resorts, but plan to in the near future. If any of them are as rugged as Conifer, im sure they would all fit this category.

Dave-

Agreed, Conifer can take it out of you, especially after a good snow! But my most tiring course is called horseshoe canyon near Jasper Arkansas. It is LONG (7,500ft ?) and is all up and down hills that are muddy, and tall grass. It's also usually extremely hot and humid. But loads of fun!

The new Brengle Terrace park in Vista is pretty beastly compared to most other SoCal courses. Seemingly every tee shot is an uphill hike.

I haven't read all 12 pages as I don't have that much time so forgive if this course has already been mentioned but Diamond X in Billings, MT could be classified as extreme disc golf. 36 holes that start at the bottom of the Rim Rocks and works it's way to the top... twice.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1189
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Diamond-X-Disc-Golf-Course/190750876717?sk=photos

23466_370517416717_6059801_n.jpg

I wanted to suggest Diamond X as the most exhausting course based just off of the pictures and that it is at some substantial altitude. This was the first course I wish listed on this site!

Toboggan

The US National course Kensington Toboggan is beastly. I have never been so beat after just 18 holes. Especially in hot summer temps.

I wanted to suggest Diamond X as the most exhausting course based just off of the pictures and that it is at some substantial altitude. This was the first course I wish listed on this site!
^ Agreed - those pix look intense. :eek:
One would have to think that playing at altitude also adds another way to wear on you physically, which can in and of itself, tax you mentally as well.

The US National course Kensington Toboggan is beastly. I have never been so beat after just 18 holes. Especially in hot summer temps.
thanks for 2nding.

has anyone said iron hill or carousel...how bout 2 rounds of each in one weekend in 100+ degree heat!! i must have lost 10 lbs during this year's DDGC

The Black Course in Moundsville WVA
Whistlers Bend Roseberg Oregon
Deer Lakes Pittsburg Pa

Latest posts