• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Holes Played in 24 Hours

This whole time I didn't know we were talking about Sale.

Jeez... Glad to see that he's doing well :thmbup:
Mike Sale has done this before, but this thread was for the most recent record setter; Mike Laterreur.

What a crazy thing to do... The Mikes are crazy dudes :)

Short holes or no...

Come on man... Jeez must you piss in every punchbowl you see. :p

I just might have to show him how I learned to mod a thug :p

*somehow finds himself attending end of year tourney/party for elmexdela's club *
"A glass of punch? Uh, no thanks... I'll pass." :\

Sounds like insanity, but I hope it raises $
I played 110 in a day once and thought I was going to die the next day. 3000 would literally kill me before I even made it that far.

As someone who has held this record before, the satipulation was that it needs to be a permenant course that is recognized by the governing body, so on the course list on the PDGA directory.
This is one hell of an effort, and all the props to him in the world. I know what he is going through physically. However, this sort of creates a slippery slope if we are able to play temporary courses, as we could make the course like 10' holes since no sane person would do that for a permenant course.
I'm curious if he is going through Guinness, I know the guy who beat my record with 1920 holes, did not go through Guinness, but it's still accepted as being the best at one point.

If this is true then a course behind the Original Holiday inn but new name White Oaks, in Vandenburg Village Californa would work yes it is on the PDGA website I think http://www.pdga.com/course-directory/course/white-oaks-hotel-disc-golf-course I have played this course in 2004. It took 20 minutes to play all 9 holes after finding the holes to play. They use Disc catchers but not all the Disc Catchers do not have the inner ring. The course is so short I was using a putter the whole time on the course.

Last edited:
If this is true then a course behind the Original Holiday inn but new name White Oaks, in Vandenburg Village Californa would work yes it is on the PDGA website I think http://www.pdga.com/course-directory/course/white-oaks-hotel-disc-golf-course I have played this course in 2004. It took 20 minutes to play all 9 holes after finding the holes to play. They use Disc catchers but not all the Disc Catchers do not have the inner ring. The course is so short I was using a putter the whole time on the course.

The White Oaks course shows as "extinct" here at DGCR. I don't know if that is because the coruse is no longer there or the owners want it to be "private".

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1181

Discette that course is still on PDGA. I assume the owners just want it only for the Hotel Guests? It is a very short course if it still exists, like a Putting from the tee short course.

In this thread, it's been brought up that these attempts are consistently progressing toward shorter, more compact courses... and at what point is the line to be drawn? It's acknowleged that the course must be permanent, and I believe there are certain other factors that have to be met for it to qualify as a record.

What if you had a permanent, 18 hole course, where the longest hole was 43 ft, and the entire course measures 545 ft?
I just listed such a course.
It's legitimate course, designed for a specific purpose that has nothing to do with pushing this particular bar even higher.

The slope just got slipperier...

Last edited:
Three disc rating BNM?

*violently hurls projectile vomit on screen*

*thinks this is a great idea but not a real course that should be listed as a practice area*

*thinks that if this so-called course is not changed to a practice area that the integrity of this website is in jeopardy*

In this thread, it's been brought up that these attempts are consistently progressing toward shorter, more compact courses... and at what point is the line to be drawn? It's acknowleged that the course must be permanent, and I believe there are certain other factors that have to be met for it to qualify as a record.

What if you had a permanent, 18 hole course, where the longest hole was 43 ft, and the entire course measures 545 ft?
I just listed such a course.
It's legitimate course, designed for a specific purpose that has nothing to do with pushing this particular bar even higher.

The slope just got slipperier...

Hole 12 might be a par 1.

{Ducks}

From the Design Standards of the PDGA:

LENGTH: Most courses should have at least one configuration for beginners and casual recreational players that rarely averages more than 250 feet per Par 3 hole (75 meters). This works out to a maximum of 4500 ft (1350m) for an 18-hole Par 54 course or 2250 feet (675m) for a 9-hole Par 27 course. The shortest length range is 3600-4300 feet (1080-1290m) for a land constrained 18-hole Par 3 public course. No hole should effectively be shorter than about 100 feet (30m) even on courses for beginners.

I consulted with Tim about it.
Should it be listed as an 18 hole practice area?
It's distinct from the other course on site.

*returns shaking finger at Bogey No More demanding he return his trusted reviewer mini for rating this so-called course 3 discs*
Did you read my review?
My rationale is the course is good at what it's designed for. You want a normal course, play the other one.

Last edited: