• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Irritating Question People Ask While Playing

"where can i go pee?"

"...just not on the tee pad, please."

I find it annoying when people just pee on course... can't tell you how many times I've seen this.

Once was even at 2010 AM Worlds, from a guy in the lead group... they had all just drivin and David Wiggin's JR had just tombstone parked a hole. The Crowd of people was behind the group as they were picking up their bags and one dude (didn't know who he was) grabbed his bag quick jaunted into the woods a little ways and peed right in front of everyone. We're a classy bunch...

I've only done it when there are no bathrooms... or they're really damn far away and I'm not gonna be able to wait it out. And then I try to be discreet about it.

Anyone who braggs, and days things like, "your not confident with your putts today" or "I'm kind of a big deal around here" or " good thing you missed that one now I have a commanding lead" stuff like that.

Oh, one more... not really annoying, but it does get old after a while.

"How do you get so much D from a standstill?"

Usually from someone who takes fifteen step runups and spike hyzers his disc because he's all off balance while my stand and deliver glides twice as far.

Not a question, but a statement that I've heard from some of the casuals around here a few times who seem to have picked up the sport primarily for the social aspect...

"Playing by yourself sucks, man", almost to imply that there's something wrong with it and you shouldn't be allowed to play unless you have a partner.

Playing alone is awesome. It's just you and the course, you try new things and expand your game. I might feel a little awkward playing a huge premium course alone though.

I've been the only person on a whole course before. Hell, the only one in a whole park.

It's weird at first, but it's kinda nice. Because no one can make fun of you for shanking that shot.

I've been the only person on a whole course before. Hell, the only one in a whole park.

It's weird at first, but it's kinda nice. Because no one can make fun of you for shanking that shot.

it sucks when you make a sweet shot though cause then you get all excited, then realize you are alone, and then you feel like an ass

I feel like an ass when I'm by myself screaming about my good shot, then I turn around, and the park ranger is in his SUV laughing at me

I like playing a course alone, but I already know that I'm going to hit my first ace when I'm playing by myself...and I'm going to cry because I have no one to confirm it! :wall:

I played alone when the only choice was either that, or playing with locals who would give me fantastic pointers like 'If you want to throw farther, you should put down that leopard or whatever and get a boss!" and "If you throw it straight, its just going to fall out of the air. It needs to turn at least a little bit."

When people I know ask me, "Do you wanna play some disc?"
Duhhh!!!:wall:

No ut seriously, the question the OP stated. Just after I throw, "What was that?" Um, the same and only orange driver I have had in my bag for the past six months and usually throw on this same hole all the time... In case your wondering a 174 Surge ESP FLX

I like playing a course alone, but I already know that I'm going to hit my first ace when I'm playing by myself...and I'm going to cry because I have no one to confirm it! :wall:

I've never aced, and I think about that same scenario every time I play alone.

I might feel a little awkward playing a huge premium course alone though.

I played Flip City alone (totally alone) a couple times and it is awkwardly weird....but in a good way! :)

Wasn't annoyed by this, but thought it was funny: I make a 20ft putt. "How do you do that? You always just throw it right in like that?" Ya...:rolleyes:.

As far as annoying/irritating goes, the crybaby whining is about the worst. I've been thinking about buying a buddy of mine a t-shirt with this:

340975757v4_400x400_Front_Color-White.jpg

I've never aced, and I think about that same scenario every time I play alone.

I always used to think this as well, but then I got my first at random draw dubs and it paid $50.

As far as annoying/irritating goes, the crybaby whining is about the worst. I've been thinking about buying a buddy of mine a t-shirt with this:

340975757v4_400x400_Front_Color-White.jpg

I bought the button to put on my bag as a joke, I get more comments on that than anything.

Latest posts