• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most unpopular/uncommon disc you throw?

I bag a couple Breakers, a Flying Squirrel, and a PD. Most people look at me like I have three heads when I say I threw a PD, even in tournaments.

DGA Undertow. Never see anyone else throwing these (or much DGA at all around here) but I think it is a great disc. Use my Proline for long turnovers and my SP for straight drives with minimal fade.
One disc I do not currently keep in the bag but is also a rarity is the Discraft Wildcat. If they had it in ESP and regular production Z I would definitely still bag one. The X gets beat in too quick for my liking though.

We'll I've not seen mine yet which means it must be pretty unpopular, that would be innova kite, it's a great under stable mid and actually love it in the dx plastic

Reading this thread, you realize there are just so many great discs out there. One can't possibly throw, much less bag, all of them.

"Support" stamped Legend Rival. Have seen none other in person. My Salient Touch and Antidote. I have seen one other Antidote and zero Touch.

Gateway Karma... Surprised to see no love for it, but I guess that is what this thread is for...

Gateway Karma... Surprised to see no love for it, but I guess that is what this thread is for...

For those who have thrown them I think they are well liked, it's just many won't give Gateway mids or drivers a try (they have really upped their game in the last 3-4 years with several new releases to complement the Sabre, Element, and Illusion). I guess in that sense since I bag the Karma, Mystic, Apache, and Assassin those could all fit for this thread, great flyers but I don't know anyone personally other than a few that took one of the few mids they sent our club for players packs that uses these.

Oddly enough, I going to say one of my Firebirds. I bag a 150 DX Firebird that has amazingly straight flight with great fade when it slows down. I get compliments and inquiries all the time from the peeps I throw with, mostly because the stamp has pretty much worn off. When I say "firebird" they're super surprised and look almost a little disgusted too. I think it's because Firebirds have a well earned reputation for being beefcakes and the guys I throw with are more of finesse players.

I'll also say a lightweight Sure Grip Gateway Element that I mix into my bag occasionally. Other than the very rare times when I've seen a guy putt with a Wizard, I've never seen any other Gateway discs thrown locally. I've been seeing all shorts of discs throw by others that I've never actually seen in the wild before. The list includes: Cheetahs, a RAM, an Impact, and a Glide.

Just put a Lat64 Pain back in the bag to fill the overstable mid slot. My Prodigy M2's hit a few too many trees. The Pain has been doing just what I expect it to do.

Living in St. Louis you see a fair amount of Gateway, even then, i have a more Gateway heavy bag than most. Warriors are starting to get more chatter on threads like these, and i am starting to see more of them. I also bag a flat top demon, meat hook. I bag an Evo Element I love, and should throw more.

I get asked a lot about my beloved Star Spider, I think they are rare here because they seem so Wizardy, but they are more forgiving for me, and Gateway was nothing on a good run or Star plastic.

The one that really befuddles me is my DX Viper, thank god for this disc, and I have no idea why it is not better supported.

Also,

I am playing around with a DX Areo, neat disc, long putter. I am not sure about this disc, but i would like to try one in star plastic.

I bag a Ringer, i have tried to get away from it a few times, but just can't, it's my lay-up putter.

My wife currently bags a Coyote (that she throws a lot) a wedge, and a Stratus.

My MRX and Classic Rocs are among the very few I see around.

My discraft z breeze is by far the oddball in my bag.however its one of the best for rounds in the woods

Maximizer, 2013 Minnesota Majestic stamped disc. I use it for dog leg right holes. Works well for me.

I carry a Maximizer sometimes, but only when I need a die hard roller because no matter how I throw it, it stands up on edge and rolls forever.

when i first started playing i used the Glide for understable mid duties.
i just put it back in the bag a week ago, taking out my tursas

Latest posts