• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most unpopular/uncommon disc you throw?

For me, I have used the Innova Groove my entire career. I have had it in my bag since day one, and I still use it today (something I can't say about any other disc). Even though this disc gets a bad reputation, it is the perfect thumber disc. I usually throw this disc sidearm but held upside-down (I still haven't ever played with anyone who has ever thrown this shot and it is pretty deadly accurate for me. Definately get a lot of surprised looks when I throw it in a tournament and nestle it under the pin ;)).

I have a Star FL I break out on windy days. It is the only Star disc I've ever connected with.
(Did I use break and wind in the same sentence??? Pardon)

from the major companies, I've never seen anyone throwing the 2013 ace race disc and its a go to disc for me sidearm and backhand.

168g 9X KC pro Banshee, the stamp is wore off, its a wind crusher from 175-200 ft for me. I know right where its going from that distance.. I also like low skip hook shots with it. They be like "what is that disc"?

For me its a Ching Velocity... Found it really cheap and I thought I might as well give it a try. Perfect for thumbers. Its also helping me develop a backhand.

from the major companies, I've never seen anyone throwing the 2013 ace race disc and its a go to disc for me sidearm and backhand.

The zeppelin was a great disc. I'm surprised they didn't make it a production disc. Threw one for a while but I decided on the aero. I particularly remember floating one in from ~150ft, it was one of the prettiest shots i've thrown.

Doesn't seem like the Sidewinder gets much love so guess I'd have to say it. Def not obscure but not in a lot of bags either. I was thinking Orc at first but I see them for sale more often than the SW it seems.

Franklin, night owl...possibly the hardest plastic disc ever made..squirrel killer!

X Xpress - I have my longest throw of 410' with it (tailwind helped). Decent understable disc overall.

Whamm-O 71 Mold. I use it on the reg, and people always make "what freaking disc was that? It's so floaty and straight!" type of comments. When they look at it they always ask if it's really PDGA approved.

Yep, gents. One of the earliest approved discs, and it's older than me........... and I'm 31.

The zeppelin was a great disc. I'm surprised they didn't make it a production disc. Threw one for a while but I decided on the aero. I particularly remember floating one in from ~150ft, it was one of the prettiest shots i've thrown.

Not trying to be that guy, but the Mantis was the 2013 AR disc. The Zeppelin was the 2011 disc. ;) I still have the esp Zep, but I don't bag it. I've never thrown a Mantis yet.

I've never seen anyone on the course here with summits. The pig is less common, but a few people throw them. Everything else is pretty common.

I throw predators and I think I'm one of the very, very few locally that doesn't prefer firebirds. Overall? I guess the trespass is still fairly uncommon for distance driver use, obviously not nearly as popular as wraith/destroyer/boss/nuke.

Breeze, Glide, Flash, Cannon & Rampage are probably the most uncommon discs that I regularly throw.

Orcs. Old, flat pearly ones for Thumbers and then for shots that need a dead straight 250-275' and then monster fade. They are the craziest thing, go way straight under power and then hook up majorly when they slow down. And then newer Champ ones for my dead straight driver shots.

I keep a star Max in the bag for forehand rollers. Don't see many star maxes out there

I've always got me Condor with me.