• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like my medium second run ions and neutron anodes because they havn't puddletopped. I get cleaner putts when my thumb isn't sinking into the putter.

I like my medium second run ions and neutron anodes because they havn't puddletopped. I get cleaner putts when my thumb isn't sinking into the putter.

exactly, a puddle top makes it more difficult to putt with.

gladly i just sold my puddle tops, i will stick with the stiffer protons

I dont drive with my puddle top neutron anymore since the tangent was released, so no need at all for one.

You got dem puddle tops, he got dem puddle tops, she got dem puddle tops, e'erybody got dem puddle tops!

My puddle buzzz is a master blaster, I imagine an ion puddle would be one worth splashing around in.

Where do the main differences lie between neutron and proton? pros and cons? I just got my first proton/eclipse and I honestly am not finding much of a difference, although different conditions might bring out different characteristics.

I prefer proton/eclipse always, just feels grippier to me. Neutrons are too stiff, and I sweat a lot so they get really slick for me. Really, though, I don't know about stability differences.

there shouldn't be any real noticeable stability difference between the different MVP plastics...

Some of the first runs are a little different, but any new one should fly as intended.

Agreed and that's exactly why i said most people don't understand the small details like disc stiffness that improves your ability to perform consistently.

There's nothing wrong with Rec players that enjoy throwing floppy inconsistent puddle tops, and if that sells discs, then they will probably make more like that and those rec player will stay rec :)

I know multiple 1000+ rated players who consistently perform at a high level and they all prefer stiff putters. there's no debate about it, if you want to putt more consistently you get stiffer plastic.

I should know better than to be critical about anything MVP makes on these forums, i might get shunned :p

:doh:

I don't know what all this puddle top talk is. I've had a couple of N Ions since they came out, and they look the same as they did when they were brand new, except for the normal scuffs. Of course, I don't play as much as some of you, so should I expect this change at a certain number of throws? My oldest Ions have been thrown hundreds of times, but not thousands.

Edit: Just saw Discspeed's post about his Anode being the same after thousands of throws. And I lol'd at the response too. :thmbup:

Last edited:
I have a few old opaque Ions I putt with that are puddle topped. I also intentionally used my first S eclipse Ion tester hard and it got puddle topped. That thing was dead straight, so nice...then tossed it in the pond a few weeks ago.

Might have an Anode that's puddled a bit. Only seen it on soft proton, never proton or neutron.

All of the soft Ions I've received from PIAS have puddle tops, but I suspect that's because they display them on those slanted wire frame holders that put pressure on the middle of the flightplate.

That being said, I love my puddle top Ions :)

I also intentionally used my first S eclipse Ion tester hard and it got puddle topped. That thing was dead straight, so nice...then tossed it in the pond a few weeks ago.

So...throwing it in the pond is the ultimate puddle-topping?

Gah, it's been a while since I've been able to get on here. How's everyone doing?!

Seems like everyone is cherishing their puddle top putters lately.. they are sensitive about their plastic :popcorn:

I also intentionally used my first S eclipse Ion tester hard and it got puddle topped. That thing was dead straight, so nice

they are very straight, especially for drives, just holds straight forever. Thats what i use my tangents for now, so that kicked out my puddle top quick.

As far as putting with a puddle top, i would love to see that. Seems like the puddle top is more extreme on my neutron soft than others?.. made it impossible to putt where i was aiming, my thumb would stick inside the beveled dome and cause major consistency issues unless i exaggerate my release and get that thumb out of the way in time.. not desirable for higher level play.

to each his own :thmbup: but i have a soft proton 6/10 ion 173g that's just about starting to develop a little puddle top. i would love to trade for a medium or stiffer ion that holds its shape if anyone wants to trade.

im glad to help the puddle top deprived :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts