• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, no wobble. What do I win?

thats a max distance driver on a max distance throw, and like i said, no matter what you will have some oat, the point is to have the least amount as possible and when you try to torque a disc, you want to torque it on a different axis with the least amount of wobble (OAT) as possible.

highly skilled disc golfers do not try to throw a wobbly disc with major OAT in order to get it to turn over.

Last edited:
thats a max distance driver on a max distance throw, and like i said, no matter what you will have some oat, the point is to have the least amount as possible and when you try to torque a disc, you want to torque it on a different axis with the least amount of wobble (OAT) as possible.

Yes, if you are trying to throw without OAT. Pro level golfers use OAT all the time. You said the pros don't throw with OAT. You're wrong. Just like when you said you aren't Plex.

Yes, if you are trying to throw without OAT. Pro level golfers use OAT all the time. You said the pros don't throw with OAT. You're wrong. Just like when you said you aren't Plex.

you can't throw without oat i said: you will always have some oat no matter what.

pros don't try to use "OAT", they try to torque the disc and minimize the OAT on the new axis.

what don't you understand?

you can't throw without oat i said: you will always have some oat no matter what.

pros don't try to use "OAT", they try to torque the disc and minimize the OAT on the new axis.

what don't you understand?

So, because they have a new "intended" axis, it cant be called "off" axis torque because the intended axis isn't on the axis of the disc's rotation? Even though it behaves the same way, its just a matter of intent?

sorry i dont have the best pictures to explain this but..

a new axis doesnt mean its off axis.. you have generated torque on a new axis, of which you still dont want off axis torque.

torque:
Torque_animation.gif

is the tendency of a force to rotate an object about an axis

now look at this OAT on a new axis:
earthprecess.jpg

obviously this is a globe/sphere^

but on a disc, if you torque it on a new axis, you still dont want it to have much oat because it will not fly on the intended axis you innitialy torqued it on.

Now that this is out of the way, i use torque on different axis to shape MANY different lines that a disc would normally not be able to fly on without doing so.

But i do not try to put OAT on them.. this causes the disc to be unpredictable and inconsistent in many ways.. pros do not want unpredictability or inconsistency.

Last edited:

a new axis doesnt mean its off axis.. you have generated torque on a new axis, of which you still dont want off axis torque.

torque:
Torque_animation.gif

earthprecess.jpg

but on a disc, if you torque it on a new axis, you still dont want it to have much oat because it will not fly on the intended axis you innitialy torqued it on.

Now that this is out of the way, i use torque on different axis to shape MANY different lines that a disc would normally not be able to fly on without doing so.

But i do not try to put OAT on them.. this causes the disc to be unpredictable and inconsistent in many ways.. pros do not want unpredictability or inconsistency.

Hah. So it sounds like we all agree, and this is a matter of semantics.

When you say OAT you are talking about torque on an unintended axis. What I (and maybe hammer too, but I would presume to speak for him) am talking about is torque "off" of the natural axis of the disc perpendicular to and through the center of the flight plate. You are arguing that pros may choose an intended axis different than the "natural" one and that torque is not OAT because it is intended.

MVP will come out with a distance driver at some point. What do you think he name will be?

torque:
Torque_animation.gif

earthprecess.jpg

lol.....

You must not ever watch GG or Ricky Wysocki. They throw with OAT on the reg. Borg does as well, and he taught me how to do it.

I watched Alexsey Bubis ace a 471' hole in a tournament and his shot had a small but visible amount of OAT coming out of his hand.

"ANYONE"...huh. I could name right off the top of my head five players that are playing and throwing with OAT regularly. :doh:

controlled OAT is a thing and super-skilled players utilize it. ZJ talks about his use of it all the time.

uncontrolled OAT is a common form flaw for less than super-skilled players.

I'm no pro but I use intentional OAT to get specific lines.

Plex has spoken everyone else is wrong.

I still stand by my statement that the Volt is fastest thing that flies like a good overstable TB(not all TBs are equal)...Nothing else faster has even reminded me remotely of a TB. Hammer knows this, he's just messing with y'all.

Why would you want a disc faster than a Teebird that still mimicked the HSS/LSS of the TB? Does anyone really have to ask that question? Not to replace your TB, but to fly like it but farther and lower. Speed doesn't necessarily rule out a TB-like flight either. The TB has more HSS than any neutral-ish fairway driver that is slower than it, yet doesn't have a proportional amount of extra fade. The P Volt is like this as well compared to discs in it's speed class. It has the flightpath of a slower disc.

I agree.

I believe I get to play another round tomorrow!!! :)

why are you throwing with oat? not supposed to do that.

Let's see some forhands. I'll make a video tomrrow. I wanna see you forhanding midranges and putters if you think OAT isn't part of the game. On top of all the points everyone is making about intentional OAT, which is probably mostly in reference to BH, OAT is very much a part of the game throwing forhand. It is easier to creep in, harder to manage, and more likely to effect the flight than on a backhand shot.

Not to say some can't FH without OAT but it's not super common, particularly when we're talking about putters or MVP midranges (oat sensitive) at much distance. The fact is OS discs take that out and their is no reason to be self rightous or snooty about that. I commonly add OAT unintentionally if I'm trying to throw too hard and sometimes on purpous. I can recognize the difference and it's part of the complete array of disc flight. And besides, like everyone says, intentional OAT, say on an axis forhand can make left turns which just aren't possible with BH lines.

Let's see some forhands. I'll make a video tomrrow. I wanna see you forhanding midranges and putters if you think OAT isn't part of the game. On top of all the points everyone is making about intentional OAT, which is probably mostly in reference to BH, OAT is very much a part of the game throwing forhand. It is easier to creep in, harder to manage, and more likely to effect the flight than on a backhand shot.

Not to say some can't FH without OAT but it's not super common, particularly when we're talking about putters or MVP midranges (oat sensitive) at much distance. The fact is OS discs take that out and their is no reason to be self rightous or snooty about that. I commonly add OAT unintentionally if I'm trying to throw too hard and sometimes on purpous. I can recognize the difference and it's part of the complete array of disc flight. And besides, like everyone says, intentional OAT, say on an axis forhand can make left turns which just aren't possible with BH lines.

I rarely forehand.. no need to when i can get a disc to do what i want with some anny torque.

When i forehand it produces a lot of OAT, which i never want, and makes the disc completely uncontrollable and unpredictable.

the only time i forehand is when im in some nasty rough and have limited arm movement.

i would rather throw a roller than a forehand :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts