• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh, sort of but you would really need to go down to 155g for that or just beat it up a little.

Its OS, no doubt. Obviously your power comes into play too but in general most 160s-170s MVP OS molds fly similar. 150s get that extra glide/less harsh LSS.

Orbital does what it's supposed to do. Straight up roller out of the box and a great distance driver for new/newer players or a less powerful arm.

Yea AIM I think you will like the relay. With your arm and form you should be able to throw dead straight flip shots with it. A tunnel shot master this disc is. I cant wait till a production run, I thrashed mine, the day of the Circuit, to get it a little extra flippy and went a little too much...

thanks! sometimes it can be hard to control the beating... luckily i tend to do that with OS/stable stuff so its not an issue. I wish a motion would become less OS :| Ill leave the US to naturally do that lol don't want to go too hard!

Last edited:
actually, the bigger wing might even help that's not a bad idea! its like those small dense overmolds and wing shapes just do not warp so you wont get any change until you literally MASH the heck out of a disc. Even those stupid fugly motions i have are so overstable though. I am finding better success seasoning my photon i just like how it is now so haven't done anything crazy.

When i get the new HOFC stamps ill trash up this 166g some more.

Tossed the warship and buzz back in the bag for mids for the last few weeks. today i left them at home and used the proxy/envy instead. my mids may be forever shelved with these two discs. I've gone most of the summer with no mids and after a brief stint with my two favorite mids i think that they are shelved for good. ENVY/PROXY combo is straight cash homie!

What I would love to see is some Axiom molds come out in plasma. I would assume they want to get some more MVP molds done first but I'm dreaming of plasma envy, proxy and crave :D

Plasma wrath might be interesting. Plasma crave would fly like a servo right? Proxy has another blend it needs to come out in first.....

Tossed the warship and buzz back in the bag for mids for the last few weeks. today i left them at home and used the proxy/envy instead. my mids may be forever shelved with these two discs. I've gone most of the summer with no mids and after a brief stint with my two favorite mids i think that they are shelved for good. ENVY/PROXY combo is straight cash homie!

Ditto. I enjoyed the Warship some - very long for a mid - but found the HSS somewhat sensitive to accidental turn-overs. I now bag three mids (Theory/Axis/Tensor), down from 5, but use them only sparingly for tight shots just outside of Proxy/Envy range. Perfect control discs to 300', what more do you need? (Well - a gyro Zone to the right of the Envy...).

Photon-Wave
Volt-Crave
Tensor-Axis
Envy-Anode

Those pairings have become staples in my bag. Outside of plastic, there won't be any changes to that setup for the foreseeable future.
Electron Anode and Envys, PLEASE!

Picked up a Neutron Tangent last night. Been looking for a super strait mid at a lower speed, and this was recommended by quite a few. My first dive into MVP

Picked up a Neutron Tangent last night. Been looking for a super strait mid at a lower speed, and this was recommended by quite a few. My first dive into MVP

HOLY CRAP this thing is strait. I took it out for a round this weekend, and found myself throwing it off the tee in tight windows, picking it up for my approach, and then putting out for easy pars.

If anyone has a slower arm speed, I highly recommend this one!

Thats the best part about tangents even at low or high power its still a tangent. I use my proton like a faster ion/proxy where ceiling is lower or need some extra wind flighting with its speed and beaded design.

Not sure why or how i ever took a tangent out of the bag.

Thats the best part about tangents even at low or high power its still a tangent. I use my proton like a faster ion/proxy where ceiling is lower or need some extra wind flighting with its speed and beaded design.

Not sure why or how i ever took a tangent out of the bag.

This was my first dive into a non innova/discraft plastic and I was impressed. Guess I'll have to start doing some more research

Status
Not open for further replies.