• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want a understable more glidey like tangent the axiom theory is a great addition.

I roll with a vector [roc3]
Tangent [comet/mako]
Theory [slower meteor/stingray]

HOLY CRAP this thing is strait. I took it out for a round this weekend, and found myself throwing it off the tee in tight windows, picking it up for my approach, and then putting out for easy pars.

If anyone has a slower arm speed, I highly recommend this one!

It's pretty much my favorite disc to throw ever. Only weakness for me is low ceilings. It tends to drop, for me, quicker than other similar mids.

Yeah thats what i like the theory for. So much more glide at low speed it throws me off sometimes lol. Tangent is so easy to control though with the little less float in the flight.

I imagine lighter plasma might do the trick for a glide happy tangent. The 150g ions are like a kite in tailwind.

If you want a understable more glidey like tangent the axiom theory is a great addition.

I roll with a vector [roc3]
Tangent [comet/mako]
Theory [slower meteor/stingray]

It's pretty much my favorite disc to throw ever. Only weakness for me is low ceilings. It tends to drop, for me, quicker than other similar mids.

Seems like you are both saying I should maybe add something for a little more glide, I will have to check in. I love this for my super strait mid and my gator for my hard fade

Yeah thats what i like the theory for. So much more glide at low speed it throws me off sometimes lol. Tangent is so easy to control though with the little less float in the flight.

I imagine lighter plasma might do the trick for a glide happy tangent.

Yup to all of that. I actually throw my Theory more often.

My plasma tangent is almost a different disc when comparing its glide to the N I used to have. On approach shots I just snap it off with a little hyzer and it rides that angle all the way through its flight. With a lightly steeper hyzer it will have a late fade. I have over thrown it off the tee several times where it just kept going, and I was like really? Distance in my midrange game is one of my weak points but the plasma just clicks with my form for some reason and I can bomb this thing without throwing a big flex line. It is very much the same kind of flight as a proxy with maybe a touch more HSS but that may be the speed difference.

Is it strange to lust after something when your not even sure what it's gonna be yet?

Mmmmm end of September......:popcorn:

looking for an mvp/axiom disc most similar in flight to something between a C and S-PD at about 165-167 grams.

tesla? volt?

looking for an mvp/axiom disc most similar in flight to something between a C and S-PD at about 165-167 grams.

tesla? volt?

Volt for sure. A P/E/N Volt will be right what you are looking for. You can also pair that with a Fission Volt/Plasma Volt for a little bit more carry/glide.

Tesla can be pretty OS. Similar to a C-PD out of the box.

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/20661

Couldn't quite get the win but I took second in a B tier in MPO on Sunday using all MVP and Axiom discs except for one.

It was a very exciting final round for me making the lead card in open for the first time, with my two of my best friends in disc golf, and then battling with one of them, Cooper who has the best Pro results in Maine over the last two years, down to the last hole. It was also my first time cashing in pro after 4 attempts unsanctioned and 1 sanctioned and I was only two strokes from making quite a splash.

It felt great to play well under pressure and I played bogey free through 36 holes to card 15 birds and 21 pars. My soft Atoms for fan grip driving and hard Atom for putting were instrumental and gave me a ton of confidence. I also had many perfect drives with my Envy, Tensor, and Fission Volt BH, with the Resistor, Servo, and Fireball taking most FH duties.

I'm stoked to have hit on some major goals of mine playing disc golf competitively and eager to get to work on the next step. Big shout out to MVP and Axiom for making great discs and doing what they do so well!

Putter question: my Ion and Anode feel a little "deep" or "tall" in the grip to me. The Anode is actually a bit awkward for my four-finger grip, and the Ion does much better... but neither feels like my Judges. So my question is: is there an MVP (or Axiom) putter that is not quite as deep in the grip, and is NOT overstable? TIA for any and all replies.

Putter question: my Ion and Anode feel a little "deep" or "tall" in the grip to me. The Anode is actually a bit awkward for my four-finger grip, and the Ion does much better... but neither feels like my Judges. So my question is: is there an MVP (or Axiom) putter that is not quite as deep in the grip, and is NOT overstable? TIA for any and all replies.

Proxy/Atom are both straight flyers and are nicely shallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts