• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are baseline plastics that still hold up really well however.

But, I do like the feel of electron and its chalkiness.

I don't know what your talking about man. I have had Atoms since release. Have even bought used atoms. Aside from one firm Atom that I smoked a tree about twenty feet from the tee on a drive, they have all held up magnificently. I drive, approach, and putt with both soft and firm atoms. All have held up considerably better than either DX or gateway baseline. Or Discrap baseline for that matter.

Most baseline plastic is comparably crappy. Gateway S and SS is a step up. Electron doesn't get chunks out of it like DX, Pro D, and equivalents. Any baseline will take heavy damage from hard tree hits.

Most baseline plastic is comparably crappy. Gateway S and SS is a step up. Electron doesn't get chunks out of it like DX, Pro D, and equivalents. Any baseline will take heavy damage from hard tree hits.

Exactly. When I smacked that tree I was like well, that disc is tacoed. And I was right. Funny thing is it still flies true.

We've had this discussion a bunch but more than a few of us had normal tree hits and saw the flight change very quickly with the atom.

We've had this discussion a bunch but more than a few of us had normal tree hits and saw the flight change very quickly with the atom.
Only reason I stopped using atoms. I LIVE them, but I was buying them and rotating way too often as they all started losing stability. I am in NH and hit a bunch of trees.

Envy proxy share same core and dont fly all that different. No reason imo to drive atoms unless you want them beat up

Nice. I'm excited to order a few electron Ions and beat them up. I have an Atom I intentionally beat in for turnover shots but I'd rather stick to one putter mold. I'll give them a go for putts too but I think I'll stick with my trusty opaque stormtrooper for that role.

Atom for putting, Envy/Proxy for everything else putter/mid related. Sounds good to me!

But actually, do you think they'll come out with a N or P Atom?

^This. Got the very similar Proxy and Envy in durable plastic to drive with, should be a no-brainer. But no, gotta smack trees point blank with the Atom, and then whine about it.

Last edited:
^This. Got the very similar Proxy and Envy in durable plastic to drive with, should be a no-brainer. But no, gotta smack trees point blank with the Atom, and then whine about it.

You are weird. Is anyone really crying about electron at this point? It's one of the more expensive baseline plastics but also one of the least durable. That's not too outrageous.

You are weird. Is anyone really crying about electron at this point? It's one of the more expensive baseline plastics but also one of the least durable. That's not too outrageous.

Just making the point, ranger. It could be $9 instead of $11, would that make everything alright with the MVP base plastic? lol. Come on, just stop throwing it at trees at 100mph.

Oh, and they will be crying about Electron again after a bunch of Electron Ions are sold, count on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts