• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point that he is missing, is that MVP doesn't have a retail store. They only do wholesale. Innova and Discraft have online retail stores and are already set up for that.

What's up with the overmolds lately? I got a proton Alias about 1.5yrs ago when I first started and it's fine. Fast forward to now, within the past few months I've purchased a Fission Photon, Plasma Tesla, Plasma Insanity and Proton Insanity. The overmold on these new guys feels a bit chalkier like it's some kind of super hard version of base plastic type of thing. They gouged up pretty easy compared to my old Alias' overmold.

Is there a reason for this (what seems like) downgrade?

u r throwing the drivers faster/harder and the overmold is damaged more easily as a result, vs the Alias...possibly?

They switch things up now and then, sometimes without saying much. For instance, the current runs have a Plasma-like overmold, which is noice. Plus the plastic can change from run to run, and thats not the manufacturers' fault. I've never had any OM durability issues, and even if they get scuffed up, it will only make the flight sweeter.

In other words, don't worry. :)

Well, all my driver overmolds got small nicks and gashes pretty quick, Tangent and Proxy hardly any at all...still.

They switch things up now and then, sometimes without saying much. For instance, the current runs have a Plasma-like overmold, which is noice. Plus the plastic can change from run to run, and thats not the manufacturers' fault. I've never had any OM durability issues, and even if they get scuffed up, it will only make the flight sweeter.

In other words, don't worry. :)

There have been runs with over molds that were less durable. Early axiom I think had issues.

I think the point that he is missing, is that MVP doesn't have a retail store. They only do wholesale. Innova and Discraft have online retail stores and are already set up for that.

I'm well aware of this.

I was only commenting on the Fly Mart topic.

I played a two disc round yesterday with the Matrix and Signal, and scored about the same as usual. But I missed the Axis, and Orbital, and would have thrown at least 2-3 better if I had them. The Matrix does straight to fade really well, and holds a hyzer perfectly, but it is not good at straight with no fade, or annys. And that is where I use the Axis most, especially since it's seasoned.

The Signal is a heck of an US driver, but it's just too short for max D. I threw it on lines never attempted before, and it worked beautifully. And I've been having some knee issues so I'm throwing more gingerly and working on toning things down, and the Signal is allowing me to stretch slower, smoother throws farther.

I'm thinking my new bag will be:

Orbital - max D
Signal - go to driver
F Photon - distance with fade, FH drives
Fireball - seldom used, but great for OS needs
Relay - dead straight long approaches and drives
Matrix - straight approach where fade is needed, or hyzer approaches
Axis - go to mid, straight or anny approach
Ion - putter and go to for most throws under 150

I really like riding with 6-7 discs max, so this might be a bit much. I'll probably tweak it eventually, but I'll give this a go for the next several rounds to se how it pans out.

I played a two disc round yesterday with the Matrix and Signal, and scored about the same as usual. But I missed the Axis, and Orbital, and would have thrown at least 2-3 better if I had them. The Matrix does straight to fade really well, and holds a hyzer perfectly, but it is not good at straight with no fade, or annys. And that is where I use the Axis most, especially since it's seasoned.

The Signal is a heck of an US driver, but it's just too short for max D. I threw it on lines never attempted before, and it worked beautifully. And I've been having some knee issues so I'm throwing more gingerly and working on toning things down, and the Signal is allowing me to stretch slower, smoother throws farther.

I'm thinking my new bag will be:

Orbital - max D
Signal - go to driver
F Photon - distance with fade, FH drives
Fireball - seldom used, but great for OS needs
Relay - dead straight long approaches and drives
Matrix - straight approach where fade is needed, or hyzer approaches
Axis - go to mid, straight or anny approach
Ion - putter and go to for most throws under 150

I really like riding with 6-7 discs max, so this might be a bit much. I'll probably tweak it eventually, but I'll give this a go for the next several rounds to se how it pans out.

Sounds good! Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts