• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lighter Inertia will do that shot. I haven't thrown all of the less stable MVPs so there may be a better option, but of what I have tried that is the best at doing what you describe.

The switch at max wt will have a little fade after some high speed turn. Slower speed 7 though. I forget what x/l beasts and which DX mold is. Found one recently that looked fine but flew pretty US. Not much for 2 LSS like i remember champs being. Gave it to my buddy who is a noodle and it still turns w/out much fade.

The virus would be like a seasoned beast. Insanity for a little more stability or even inertia for some extra LSS w/max wts.

I'll give the virus a shot, the DX one I have really doesn't come back at all, it just stops drifting and eventually straightens out. Thanks, Aim :D

Lost my Impulse today. Long turnover to get around a tree down the fairway and turned it too much. Lost sight of it behind a different tree and it went off the fairway into long grass, never to be seen again.

I was able to find out that I can throw my Relay farther than I can throw my Volt, which carries about as far as my Switch. I like the Relay more and more, as I've been able to throw with a lot of hyzer and get long fades with it as easily as getting it to carry straight or carry a bit of turn.

What's going to be close to a DX Beast replacement? I have one hole in my home course that needs some height to clear trees and brush and then track right before straightening out. I prefer to throw something on a hyzer flip that I know will flip. Thanks!

. Insanity

Nuff said...

... Though mine is a little beat in, so you might need to find a used one or get a lighter weight.

I'd definitely say lighter Insanity. A max weight one might be a bit stable to replace the Beast.

Also, is there are any word on what might be released in September, if anything? Something in Electron, maybe?

I was able to find out that I can throw my Relay farther than I can throw my Volt, which carries about as far as my Switch. I like the Relay more and more, as I've been able to throw with a lot of hyzer and get long fades with it as easily as getting it to carry straight or carry a bit of turn.

I am loving my Relay. It gets such easy distance. It's almost as long as my Inertia for me, and easily as long as my Craves. I'm throwing it on just about every hole that I don't need all out max distance (other than short holes that I drive putters on). I am thinking of going with a minimalist bag for a while with just my Defy, Relay, Theory, and Envy. I can't think of any shots those 4 discs don't cover.

Yeah, I think the Relay is going to be my primary fairway. I'm still winnowing discs out of the bag, so the lineup isn't completely set, as yet. I can say that the Relay is unlikely to go anywhere, along with the Inertia and Impulse. The Wave and Orbital will likely stay, too.

I am going to buy my first Gyro soon (Proxy). I only know one MVP thrower locally and everything he throws is Protron. What plastic is Plasma and Neutron closest to?

Plasma is soft, reminds me of the gummier Opto with the look of Goldline. Neutron is similar to Star ish. Not as close, but best I can think of. I like Neutron a lot better than Star.

Plasma is just a prettier softer version of neutron.

Neutron is really just a solid colored proton plastic.

Not the star vs champ difference in stability like with innova but similar idea. In general most MVPs are flat but dome and weight ia biggest factor in stability for most molds. No rhyme or reason re:dome vs flat in regards to how it impacts stability just like plasticn type with MVP.

Even their baseline offerings thus far fly exactly as designed when new. My electron ions were nice and OS for many rounds.

All comes down to feel/look you want with MVPs. In general firmness goes from Proton (most firm) Neutron Plasma but all are very durable blends with most recent runs being even more-so like the high speed releases.

Thats generally what MVP produces first with any new moldnso safe bet. Current blend is $. They were messing with some softer stuff over the winter but nailed in with the new 23mm class. Super durable with a little added grip vs the old hard but slicker OG neutron.

If you wind up liking the regular and if you live in a cold climate, you might want to eventually pick up a soft neutron proxy. They are a little tackier when its cold.

I have a question that maybe some of you more "in the know" people might be able to give me an educated guess type of answer.

I keep telling myself I have plenty of discs and I really don't need to buy anymore until electron anodes come out and then I will buy 10. (I felt up an electron Ion someone had on the course and instantly loved it)

My 3 go to anodes have become steadily more flippy. I pretty much can't drive with them anymore. I can still get a very slight fade out of them if I put them on a 70-90 degree hyzer angle but any slight headwind will make them turn and burn no matter how much hyzer I release with.

I still putt and approach with them fine. I have basically stopped driving with them unless it is an anny/turnover shot.

I have been telling myself not to buy new discs until the electrons are available. My zone has been beating in pretty well for drives since I stopped driving with my anodes...though it still fades more than anodes ever did...which is fine.

Should I not be waiting for the electrons? Are they more than 6 months out? Anyone have any info? or an educated guess?

No idea but the machine is churning.

Honestly id just throw a envy if i was really worried with fade and torque resistance for drives. I have ions which are years old vs proxy (threw anodes b4 the low profile cousin) and the old ions still are stable due to bead IMO. The proxy (or anode or your case) get seasoned much quicker when used off the tee in my experience. A 90° hyzer is a super overstatement tho for sure. I will post a video of any of those 3 anodes flying straight from much less than even 70° unless they are just destoryed lol.

Plasma is just a prettier softer version of neutron.

Neutron is really just a solid colored proton plastic.

Not the star vs champ difference in stability like with innova but similar idea. In general most MVPs are flat but dome and weight ia biggest factor in stability for most molds. No rhyme or reason re:dome vs flat in regards to how it impacts stability just like plasticn type with MVP.

Even their baseline offerings thus far fly exactly as designed when new. My electron ions were nice and OS for many rounds.

All comes down to feel/look you want with MVPs. In general firmness goes from Proton (most firm) Neutron Plasma but all are very durable blends with most recent runs being even more-so like the high speed releases.
Solid advice

Everything that I've gotten from mvp, I gravitate towards the plasma more often than not. I don't really care for proton or neutron? But I do like soft neutron however.

The plasma just has a great combination of flex and grip, and it looks really good too. I think I could do all plasma, maybe?

Solid advice

Thanks!

Plasma is nice @idg. I prefer a firmer blend for my putting putter and drivers but makes very little difference really. Been rotating plasma /neutron/proton plastic versions of tangent proxy tesla and ion all season with a few soft neutron/proton in the mix too. They fly! Lol.

So, I've tried the Vector and the Tangent and didn't gell with either.

Tangent is too understable to use how I throw a mid and the Vector felt off to me, not bag just not right in my hand.

Between the Matrix and Tensor which is more Stable? I'm thinking about trying one. I throw Bards usually so high shoulders are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts