• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can all but guarantee the Plasma Amp would show a good amount of turn. If you like the feel of the Volt class discs (Shock, Volt, Amp), it might be worth checking out.

Amps are weird, I have blue plasma(168g) and pearly silver plasma(174g) and blue is much more stable, no much difference to my blue plasma volt(175g) :confused: .
Pearly one is good though :clap:

Does mvp refer to it as Fx? Or is that what it's being referred to by consumers

I have a Tesla in that blend

Amps are weird, I have blue plasma(168g) and pearly silver plasma(174g) and blue is much more stable, no much difference to my blue plasma volt(175g) :confused: .
Pearly one is good though :clap:

yeah I experienced this with the Volt where the stability was all over the place. I got an Amp and it was actually really STABLE, so I got another amp hoping to find the same HSS flight. My only complaint so far with MVP stuff.....the mids are almost all the same in flight, and the fairways are kinda all jumbled in there and just about do all the same (except the resistor) and they are inconsistent. so far that's what ive experienced and meh, I don't like it

Hope you guys don't mind me jumping in here without reading the thread up to this point. Anyway, I bought into the hype and got a couple MVP discs. One's a Catalyst and the other is an Ion. Out of these two discs I expected to love the Catalyst since it's always fun to throw those kind of understable distance drivers. The Catalyst does its job, but it's not as long as my Katana, so I guess the gyro technology didn't actually help my poor form. Archer not the arrow, I know. I'll probably still throw it around some more just for fun, but it's not going to kick anything else out of my bag.

But the disc that really surprised me was the Ion. I figured that I was paying for the order's shipping cost anyway, so I tacked on a new putter just because I'm not terribly satisfied with any of the putters I use. Got a factory misprint Ion for pretty cheap, and I have to say this disc exceeded expectations. I'm not using it for putting, but it's my new favorite throwing putter for making straight approach throws. It's so easy for me to throw straight lines with this disc out to 200' or so, and it feels a hell of a lot better in my hand than other putters that I would previously use for those lines. I've always had a bit of a problem with inconsistent releases on putters, which has resulted in me throwing midranges a lot even if I don't need the extra distance. This Ion is a real game changer for me because it's the first putter I've felt confident throwing other than the Slammer (but the Slammer is used for completely different lines than the Ion).

The only problem I've run into with my new MVP discs is that the black plastic on the outer rim seems to wear very quickly, and this is with both Electron and Neutron plastic. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it just because it's 10 degrees outside at my course, or is the black plastic some sort of non-premium blend? Both my Ion and Catalyst have visible nicks in their armor already, and I worry that they might not last very long for me because I play on a heavily wooded course and tend to hit a lot of trees.

^They might get nicks and wear but nothing more or less than any disc. The overmold is the same type of plastic as the core. If you have an Electron Ion it will get battle scars, it's the nature of baseline plastic. Good thing is the Ion will fly like an Ion no matter what plastic it's in. If it continues to work nicely for you try it in a premium blend, Neutron or Proton or Plasma. I personally enjoy the plasma as its right in the middle flex wise.

Give the Catalyst some time. Mvp premium plastic needs a good many rounds to break in and show its full potential

The only problem I've run into with my new MVP discs is that the black plastic on the outer rim seems to wear very quickly, and this is with both Electron and Neutron plastic. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it just because it's 10 degrees outside at my course, or is the black plastic some sort of non-premium blend? Both my Ion and Catalyst have visible nicks in their armor already, and I worry that they might not last very long for me because I play on a heavily wooded course and tend to hit a lot of trees.

I have a Soft Proton Ion that I have been throwing for about 6 years and it is still stable. It looks a little beat up, but not bad.

Hi. Just posted the MVP discs I use on hole 7 at brengale terrace. The hole of the day today.
I find the discs to be pretty consistent from an old one to a new one. I always love the feel of a new disc. Especially the Atom in soft electron plastic. It hurts me cause my practice area is small and they can take a beating.

Well you gotta stop throwing left-handed discs for starters.

figures. i find all the lefty discs.. -_-

as it stands i am not buying anymore discs this month until i get a chance to throw the ones I got for christmas.

except soft envies... i am getting rid of those. meds and firms only from now on.

my plaz ion has been ran over by a truck. main thrower and putting putter for several years. they hold up extremely well.

Some of the newer overmolds have not been as durable on the softer flexy neutron/proton runs 4 sure.

I bitched about it a while back when production relays came out.

The Orbital definitely filled the bill for the understable driver I wanted that wasn't the Amp or the Switch.. I was curious how the Virus and Catalyst stack up for the most understable distance driver.

Durability wise I have put some rough gouges into my MVP stuff sometimes it gets lighter welded back together but it still flies awesome.. I play on mountainsides and a rock quarry.. I sure like the consistency too if I need to replace a Disc it flies like I expect and the way the discs relate to each other I can replace a beat proton Envy with a fresh soft Proxy no problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts