• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know how to have a conversation or are insults all you bring to the table?

Plasma molds up with a higher dome and you know it does.. Quit being juvenile.

There is no mvp putter with dome in any plastic. Never has been. Even plasma drivers generally do not have "pop tops" like the 12+ speed classes have been released.

Even the slight raise to the flight plate in the envy core putter molds that can happen is nothing like a domey rhyno or pop top wiz etc.

When is this Delerium coming out ie: more OS Teleport/Tantrum ? I know there is the Dimension but - anyone throw it and know how OS that is? Like the Tantrum and Teleport but would like something a LITTTTTLE bit more OS than those for headwinds

When is this Delerium coming out ie: more OS Teleport/Tantrum ? I know there is the Dimension but - anyone throw it and know how OS that is? Like the Tantrum and Teleport but would like something a LITTTTTLE bit more OS than those for headwinds

Dimension gets good distance with my 400ft arm. It's not super beefy. It has some turn in moderate headwind. On light headwind i use teleport.

Update on my most recent purchase: 1st Round Impressions

172 Neutron Particle
Excellent driving putter that flies long and straight when thrown hard and flat. Add a touch of hyzer to get around obstacles and take advantage of the consistent late fade. It will flex out of an anhyzer but not aggressively. The plastic is amazing and feels like an envy in the hand. I didn't putt lights out nor did I putt poorly, so it will get the job done as a putting putter if you practice with it.

176 Neutron Vertex
I expected this disc to be more understable than it actually was but I was able to dial in with 75% success. The tailwinds on the tee shots made it interesting to determine the right amount of hyzer to get the straight to right turn (rhbh). I only had one shot hyzer out the rest were either super straight or slow turning to the right like I was ecpecting. This disc excelled at standstill approaches, specifically with threading the needle lines. This disc has tremendous upside. A little field practice will be forthcoming.

174 Neutron Matrix
This matrix had dome and more stable than my SE Proton matrix. I really clicked with this disc as it was really easy to hit multiple lines. Thrown flat it will fly long and straight before the fade kicks in the the last 10% of the flight. I found the matrix and particle to be very close in flight with the matrix being about 50ft longer. With the added stability of Neutron plastic, my trusted vector may be in trouble of getting replaced.

Overall for the round using only the three discs, I shot -6 when my average is between -7 to -10. I missed 3 makable birdies ,but considering it was only my 3rd round of the year, I'm not to disappointed. I just purchased a new tripod and will be recording a flight comparison video of the vertex, tangent, and theory. I also plan on filming a one disc round with the particle. Hopefully I can get them filmed and posted by the weekend.

Cheers!

Right on man spread that love for the Vertex, it's become super useful in my bag for the woods..

I got my Envy's soft electron man they are awesome played a quick round with em the hardest thing is getting used to the glide.. Wow big difference from my proton or Neutron.

I read up on the Vanish and insanity.... Got a SE Neutron 157 Vanish and a Plasma 167 Insanity in the cart... pretty set to get it..

Question, the Insanity if it is in plasma how close will that be to a Star Roadrunner of similar weight?

A neutron insanity is basically valk/beast. I would think the plasma would only be a slightly less stable version. If your talking about the newer roadrunners that aren't as flippy as the older ones then I guess they might be comparable but probly closer to a Viking, imo. Never thrown a plaz insanity just going off experience with the other plaz discs ive thrown.

I read up on the Vanish and insanity.... Got a SE Neutron 157 Vanish and a Plasma 167 Insanity in the cart... pretty set to get it..

Question, the Insanity if it is in plasma how close will that be to a Star Roadrunner of similar weight?

I use insanity's - Plasma is more US than neutron FOR SURE! - 167 Plas insanity will be pretty darn US but workable with finesse or lower power. Hyzerflips crazy awesome

I would say if the Star RR is slightly worn itll be similar but the insanity turns quicker but then has a hold phase then late fade. If you want it to be fairly US the Plasma is the way to go, if you want it to handle more power max weight neutron is good. I'd say the discs overlap a lil bit but the insanity is faster and cuts lines deep-----I love the RR and the Insanity and I sometimes switch between the two - Depending on wear and plastic and weight they can be a lil different IE my champ glow 175 RR is fairly stable and my Plasma Insanity is pretty flippy - I also have a 175 Neutron insanity that is moderately stable ---well, kinda

Thanks guys sounds like either way I will probably like it I can see how it could be either RR or Beast. I'm seeking understable over beefy.. Got a new 174 Relay and a Switch that has the straighter slots nailed down. I will look again and see if there's one a little heavier, but the one I'm eyeballing is gold with orange so it is appealing.

Relay > RR any day. Always same flight and slower controlled US flight at higher power for me. I've parked some anny holes I didn't think possible with the relay yet toss it on so many more workable lines. Interia/insanity/virus always need more speed to keep the same lines in the woods etc.

Relay > RR any day. Always same flight and slower controlled US flight at higher power for me. I've parked some anny holes I didn't think possible with the relay yet toss it on so many more workable lines. Interia/insanity/virus always need more speed to keep the same lines in the woods etc.

I just ordered a Relay after playing a round with a guy I met up with - he had all gyro - had a relay - I wanted to toss it - I gave it a few throws and was like 'whoa' its US and speed 6 but its SO workable, very nice flight.

Any news what-so-ever on the Delirium? Seems like the only one left in that class we are waiting on -

After using the Tantrum and teleport I think the Delirium is gonna be a monster . I hope. soon

I have a 165 Plasma Insanity and a 171 Star RR, and they're pretty similar. The Insanity goes a little farther, but is more difficult to dial in the angle just right. It's the longest disc I own when I do get that perfect throw.

I have a 165 Plasma Insanity and a 171 Star RR, and they're pretty similar. The Insanity goes a little farther, but is more difficult to dial in the angle just right. It's the longest disc I own when I do get that perfect throw.

Perfect thanks I like tricky and long... deliberated over a heavier one but finally cashed out and got them coming after reading this.. I'm surprised Thomas O doesn't have a Relay yet... I like it so much I've been packing two.

What have you been filling that slot with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts