• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd really like to see a Plasma Wrath that has a little more turn than the regular Wraths - Or a more beefy or turn resistant inertia - I still feel theres a gap between those 2 - I have a fairly beefy (for an inertia) metal flake proton inertia that is a nice -2/2 for turn and fade - would like to see that class of disc have a truly -1/2 disc - get on it!

Also Axiom needs more molds - for reals

Sounds like you got a switch...
I've never seen any mvp discs fly much different from expected (except for the entire octane class that I never thought I'd be able to throw :p). Had a really stable crave, that's about it. Sounds like there are some lone aberrations out there slipping through QA, rather than low consistency as such.

The last N Crave I bought was super flippy compared to my other Craves. Brought it home and lined it up and the PLH is noticeably lower. Checked it against my Inspire and it was almost identical. Definitely tooled as Crave on the wing though. I also have seen some pretty big differences recently between pop tops and flat discs, which is sad for me, because I started buying MVP due to the consistency in flat flight plates. Much better for the wind.

I think the move to the new bigger building has probably come with a slight downturn in quality. More discs produced means more errors are going to happen. They're still pretty consistent comparatively.

I'd really like to see a Plasma Wrath that has a little more turn than the regular Wraths - Or a more beefy or turn resistant inertia - I still feel theres a gap between those 2 - I have a fairly beefy (for an inertia) metal flake proton inertia that is a nice -2/2 for turn and fade - would like to see that class of disc have a truly -1/2 disc - get on it!

Also Axiom needs more molds - for reals

My green proton wrath is true 0 turn, i can rip it hard and it will never turn and ive been throwing it for months. the new blue Neutron wrath i got today has a little turn to it out of the box, like -0.5 turn, which is whats advertised. A wrath in plasma is only a matter of time :hfive:

Im going to send my servo to MVP though

Hey I'm suffering from plastic addiction / addition problems again... congrats to whoever got that lot of 8 E Envy last night on EBay, I'm the guy that cost you an extra eight bucks.

Question: what plastic/ weight for a driving Envy is closest to the 166 E softs I'm using for putting? I'm waffling between an N and a Plasma both 164... I don't like the neutron softs, miss my old first Neutron and haven't checked out the plasma yet... I want less fade then the proton but don't like the turn on the N softs.

Hey I'm suffering from plastic addiction / addition problems again... congrats to whoever got that lot of 8 E Envy last night on EBay, I'm the guy that cost you an extra eight bucks.

Question: what plastic/ weight for a driving Envy is closest to the 166 E softs I'm using for putting? I'm waffling between an N and a Plasma both 164... I don't like the neutron softs, miss my old first Neutron and haven't checked out the plasma yet... I want less fade then the proton but don't like the turn on the N softs.

Just go Firm Electron. I love the old Neutron plastic, but even it doesn't have the glide the Firm E does.

I should probably just throw my electron softs or rather pick one to sacrifice but I've already done some decent damage in the yard after two months to my three putters. I'm playing woods and rock piles.. Looking for durability, I should save the money and keep with the Neutron Atom.. But...

I should probably just throw my electron softs or rather pick one to sacrifice but I've already done some decent damage in the yard after two months to my three putters. I'm playing woods and rock piles.. Looking for durability, I should save the money and keep with the Neutron Atom.. But...

Same types of courses here. I keep a neutron Envy in the bag for holes with sharp rocks, otherwise I go with the Firm E. The Firms are KC Pro like with more velvety feel

MVP customer service got back to me about that blue N Servo and said that they checked inventory and noticed the blue ones had lower PLH, so they are sending me one that should fly as expected! MVP really stands by their products and are hoest about the product, then go out of the way to make things right. I cant remember having a disc that wasn't right but this one time i do and they fix it directly.. Amazing.

Well my plastic addiction continues - I was able to find twins to my Blue Sparkle Proton inertia 175 and Blue Eclipse Volt 175 with a higher PLH than the early volts - so im pretty happy with those finds -

After picking up a new N Photon to replace a long-lost one, I realized I now have enough MVP/Axiom/Streamline to fill my entire bag. Gonna try it out, just for fun.

Pilot, E Atom, N Axis, N Vector, N Envy, N Virus (x2), N Drift (best plastic ever), N Insanity, old stable N Volt, fission Volt, N Wave (x2), P Wrath, P Trace, N Photon, N Fireball. I think that's it. Aren't you glad you read that?

After playing Sugaw in Charlotte over the weekend I realize I need a Proxy. It will be tough to not have my Meteor or Shryke but it'll be a fun experiment.

After picking up a new N Photon to replace a long-lost one, I realized I now have enough MVP/Axiom/Streamline to fill my entire bag. Gonna try it out, just for fun.

Pilot, E Atom, N Axis, N Vector, N Envy, N Virus (x2), N Drift (best plastic ever), N Insanity, old stable N Volt, fission Volt, N Wave (x2), P Wrath, P Trace, N Photon, N Fireball. I think that's it. Aren't you glad you read that?

After playing Sugaw in Charlotte over the weekend I realize I need a Proxy. It will be tough to not have my Meteor or Shryke but it'll be a fun experiment.

do what you like of course - not to be 'that guy' but if you use a pilot and atom you don't really NEED a Proxy, they are all really similar - but that's coming from a guy who carries like 7 putters so , do what you know will work - I carry a bunch strictly for throwing and a couple strictly for putting hence all the putters

The Proxy is nice... I like it but next to an E Atom I think it may be redundant.. My E Atom flies like a plasma Proxy...

It does do straight real well and worth a try do what you want but I would suggest Vertex to fill out the bag better and cover the Meteor undertablish slot... or Tangent maybe.. Buy them all haha.

do what you like of course - not to be 'that guy' but if you use a pilot and atom you don't really NEED a Proxy.

Seriously... should I be buying a Neutron Envy or a plasma? (For my driving putter / proxy slot) haha

Last edited:
I just tried a soft neutron envy and that is by far my favorite, has better glide and i can rip it hard off the tee. I would recommend soft N.

You all dont even toss putters. Just fluff shots with them. :p

Ions 4 lyfe. My lyfe! I would see any one of you on the course with an ion alone. That is after not playing in a minute too!

broken-record.jpg

Seriously... should I be buying a Neutron Envy or a plasma? (For my driving putter / proxy slot) haha

Go with the plasma. My 170 plasma flew like a gently seasoned (old) neutron right out of the box (super HSS, mild but dependable fade, glidey) for a long time on a very Pender-like course before losing all the fade and eventually developing some mild HST. It's been in that sweet spot for at least a year and doesn't show any sign of changing soon.

I recently started bagging a fresh 174 Neutron and I'm struggling a bit with it. Way less glide than my original Neutron and a pretty dumpy finish. Maybe a lighter weight would be closer to the plasma or my original Neutron but I find myself reaching for my equally fresh Neutron Matrix or putting some hyzer on the plasma instead of throwing the freshy.

Hope that long winded response is useful!

Plasma has a similar grippy feel as the Soft Neutron. It is a bit straighter than the SN off the shelf. I prefer the SN because it has a bit more HSS and more LSS. Both hold the sweet spot for a long time.

i havent had an insanity around long enough to "season" it

anyone find it gets this speed boost type flip at about a forth to half way thru its flight

it flips to flat and then fades out per usual

or how is yall proton insanity seasonings

i havent had an insanity around long enough to "season" it

anyone find it gets this speed boost type flip at about a forth to half way thru its flight

it flips to flat and then fades out per usual

or how is yall proton insanity seasonings

Yup, I know exactly what you're talking about. A lot of times out of my hand I think I put too much hyzer on it, then it gets this late-ish turn that makes it go where I was expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.