• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

im asking about equipment. no rules question at all. the question belongs in the equipment thread.

discspeed said:
I'm quickly becoming dependent on my beat Vector. As the Vector wears I can definitely say that it loses LSS almost completely before it starts actually turning over. The straightness is now very befitting of the name Vector.

can we see some pics of what mods you had to make to get it to go straight?

Apothecary said:
discspeed said:
I'm quickly becoming dependent on my beat Vector. As the Vector wears I can definitely say that it loses LSS almost completely before it starts actually turning over. The straightness is now very befitting of the name Vector.

can we see some pics of what mods you had to make to get it to go straight?

All your questions may be answered here: http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=21964

Try using the "search" button next time :) ; for example: type in "discspeed" and "vector" and "modification" in the search box.

Apoth, you will be proud of me. I traded some vibram disc for some ions:) I use to have a stack of ions. My home course has bunch of short (250-280') need a straight finish holes and an ion is hard to beat for those shots!

i havent seen many of the top guys putting with them. i think the bigger disc manufacturers have their claws pretty deep into the talent pool.

Apothecary said:
Flipflat said:
All he did was beat the crap out of it.

oh really?

thank you, discspeed, for your prompt response. :roll:

As I said before, there is no visible difference other than some minor scratches. I don't have an easy way to get pics on here right now so you are just going to have to take my word on it. In fact, I had to put a sharpie mark on my beat one so that I can distinguish it from the overstable Vector in my bag. The beat Vector REALLY is like a longer version of a medium Ion now and everything I ever wanted from MVP in a workhorse mid. Every time I throw my newer overstable Vector now I honestly can't believe it's the same disc as my beat one...The glide difference is visible in flight.

So, back on an earlier page there was a news teaser. How bout some interest in that? Personally I'd like to hear what the news is. Shame to disrupt these guys' thread especially since we all like their work.

What's new with MVP?? :D

We've been ready for the Buzzzkill from the day we've thrown the first time we may not have known it then but it is true none the less if it delivers.

discspeed said:
Apothecary said:
Flipflat said:
All he did was beat the crap out of it.

oh really?

thank you, discspeed, for your prompt response. :roll:

As I said before, there is no visible difference other than some minor scratches. I don't have an easy way to get pics on here right now so you are just going to have to take my word on it. In fact, I had to put a sharpie mark on my beat one so that I can distinguish it from the overstable Vector in my bag. The beat Vector REALLY is like a longer version of a medium Ion now and everything I ever wanted from MVP in a workhorse mid. Every time I throw my newer overstable Vector now I honestly can't believe it's the same disc as my beat one...The glide difference is visible in flight.

youre sponsored by mvp. of course youll say that the vector is the greatest disc ever.

im curious as to what it takes to get a vector to do what you say it does and what the end product looks like. because mine are extremely durable and dont seem to break in at all.

Apothecary said:
youre sponsored by mvp. of course youll say that the vector is the greatest disc ever.

im curious as to what it takes to get a vector to do what you say it does and what the end product looks like. because mine are extremely durable and dont seem to break in at all.

You realize he's answered that question for you already?

In regards to what he did:
discspeed said:
Well, after several months of trying to get one of these bad boys to lose some stability "naturally" I give up. Last night I started beating the crap out of one of my Vectors. I threw it point blank at a dead tree a few dozen times, rubbed it hard on some rough cement, and flexed it in half several times. After all of this it still sits perfectly flat on the table, but it's definitely roughed up.
In regards to what it looks like:
discspeed said:
The Vector in question is not visibly altered...All we're talking about is a change in texture on the bottom of the bead from contact with pavement and me sanding off the burrs with a microfiber towel. The bead is the same size. It just looks used.

In addition to the one that you just replied to.

Leopard said:
So, back on an earlier page there was a news teaser. How bout some interest in that? Personally I'd like to hear what the news is. Shame to disrupt these guys' thread especially since we all like their work.

What's new with MVP?? :D

I'm guessing the new disc is a neutral mid which will be announced in the next week or two. Personally, I''ll be more excited when MVP releases a control/fairway driver. MVP is definitely doing well in my book.

Latest posts