• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ok with waiting a little while. I've held off on buying and neutron discs so far and as much as I want to try a Volt, I'm busy/broke enough to no need to get one right away. I'm really looking forward to when videos of testers chucking these things hit the interwebs though.

I hope one of the testers can compare the Volt to the OLF and the PD. Those are the drivers I want to try next but I am still saving my money for the Volt. The only bad thing is that the Volt is listed as only going down to 168 g. I like my drivers a little lighter than that.

I hope one of the testers can compare the Volt to the OLF and the PD. Those are the drivers I want to try next but I am still saving my money for the Volt. The only bad thing is that the Volt is listed as only going down to 168 g. I like my drivers a little lighter than that.

It's already been compared to the olf and pd.

luckily the testers include a PD junkie and a few OLF junkies.
and one of the OLF junkie testers (me) works/throws with a Team Millennium OLFicial OLF junkie so that will be exciting times for the OLF/PD crowd.

and testers are gonna get production run discs, so while the proto feedback had some comparison i'm more interested in the final product's flight/comparison.

Those are the drivers I want to try next but I am still saving my money for the Volt.

The only bad thing is that the Volt is listed as only going down to 168 g. I like my drivers a little lighter than that.

Start saving now. That $15 isn't going to just fall in your lap. ;)

Agreed. Last I read they were playing with their plastic densities to get the weight down further.

Have you even thrown your tester?
i don't have a tester, i have a photo model. i believe it's from the same relative batch that discspeed threw a while back.

as i understand it, testers will be sent out from the production batch, not the semi-protos that we've seen.

The testers will likely get test discs a week or so before retailers as per usual. The protos I threw at the warehouse we definitely in the same ballpark as the PD/OLF...Basically a somewhat faster Teebird type disc with a slight bit of high speed turn on longer shots (like the OLF/PD).

Start saving now. That $15 isn't going to just fall in your lap. ;)

Agreed. Last I read they were playing with their plastic densities to get the weight down further.

LOL. Yea, instead of having to buy 3 each OLFs, PDs, and Volts, I'd rather just buy the 3 Volts. :)

I'm the one who says it doesn't matter what you throw...yet I'm holding out for one specific disc. I just love that MVP plastic so much. Plus, as a MI native, I love supporting a Michigan company.

I just love that MVP plastic so much. Plus, as a MI native, I love supporting a Michigan company.

Same here, such a win-win situation for me. I recently fell in love with the MVP Soft Anode Eclipse and my putting is so much better for it. Went out and bought 2 more just to be safe and have back ups should I ever lose my putter.

And being in Michigan, I get to support a local company as well. Looking forward to giving the new Neutron Anodes a try. :thmbup:

Come out to Kansas City then. I played with a group of ten and over half of us had at least one MVP disc (some crazy ones like me 6).

i had a handful of mvp but my undying love for gateway putters has eliminated most out of my bag....still carrying the 175g soft anode though...

If anyone's wondering, I was responding to Dyoel182 statement below:

"When I start seeing normal folks using them out in the wild I'll really consider them a market player."

I forgot to check the box to include the reply.....

Status
Not open for further replies.