• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else catch this???? I thought they would stick with neutron till the line up was complete or was I misinformed? This should be way cool!!!!:hfive:

I really dig the proton plastic!:thmbup:

There's no reason for them not to play around with LE type discs. I want a Soft Neutron Eclipse Axis.

I have a feeling Mike's sparkle shots aren't flying as far as usual.... :)

I was just out in the warehouse throwing Nano catch with ZJ -- FUN FUN FUN. The Nano snaps real nice, has a little bit of an overstable flight. I was getting a consistent flex, very manageable, like a golf disc. I'm talking high round-the-corner steep anny pan-out shots. Easy to angle it a little and get a laserbeam flex.

Not a Drone clone. It's too small. Maybe more of a Zone.

The Tangent has the same diameter as the Drone at 21.5. So, I guess I'm wrong about the Tensor? It's not on the PDGA approved list yet.

The Zone is 21.1

The only time an Axis will turn and burn is when you impart OAT on the throw.

The same is true for all stable discs.

Throw them with good form, straight and true, and they'll fly the same way.

^ I absolutely agree. For me I have a tendency to overthrow when I attempt a lower line with the Axis, which often leads to OAT:( I know it's me, but I just haven't really clicked with it yet...

Who's excited for the new disc? I am, but I'm afraid it'll be a drone clone. Anyone one else think its going to be?

I have to ask based on my other post....Why would you be afraid of a Drone or a Zone?? These two discs have to be some of the best overstable discs ever made by any disc manufacturer. They have been so money for so many players over the years including myself.

Yeah I have to agree with Joner. This disc could be one of those discs that a lot of players build OS portion of their bag around. I can't wait to beat one in.......

You know this might not mean much but if you compare the disc profile of the Tensor to the Wasp, Hornet, and Drone on Discraft's website, it is the closest to a Hornet's profile. I really don't think it will be as stable as a Drone.

What do you say testers??

Last edited:
Got an Axis in today and threw it around a bit. I enjoyed it. I have a few Buzzzs in my bag but I'll keep this one around too. It had a ton of glide and felt nice in my hand.

I think for now it's because they are focused on new molds.

Oh, I know. I'm just saying.

Besides, just because a disc company can make a disc, doesn't mean they will.

Although I'm still holding out for a Crystal FLX Zeppelin. :thmbup:

MVP vs Discraft

So MVP experts, help me out here. I had an amazingly bad round today, and chucked an Avenger and an Avenger SS in Alum Creek Reservoir on back to back holes this afternoon (in my defense the winds were a steady 20mph with gusts over 40). As I'm in no way attached to those two molds I'm not terribly bummed out. The Avenger was in the bag to experiment with throwing into headwinds, and the SS was a replacement for a Sidewinder that I never really clicked with and ended up losing. I did like the SS better than the 'Winder, but I was just starting to figure it out. I definitely need a replacement in the "understable fast fairway" slot, and wouldn't mind having a replacement for the Avenger, as I did throw it in more situations than my Firebird.

So my question is this: How would the Amp and Shock work to replace these two discs? I already have an Anode and Volt, and know I like MVP discs. My Volt seems like a longer Eagle to me, so I'm thinking that even though Inbounds claims the Amp and Shock are shorter than the Avengers, in reality they'll probably throw fairly similar distances. However, I'm curious about the lines the MVP discs will hold when compared the the Discraft duo. Any thoughts you guys have would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:
I would say a beat-in avenger and amp are pretty similar but avenger SS has more HSS turn(flippy) than any MVP driver, shock will be much more OS than a avenger IMO more like a predator which is great for headwinds. If you want a true turn-over disc for 200-330 I would suggest the tangent or axis even and otherwise shape the volt. Amp seems to hold a long turn but also will come back given enough height.

Mike, how tall is the Nano? It looks like it's going to be a blast to throw. I'm going to have to buy a few.

Last edited:
Maybe 1/4 inch deep. If I hold a quarter up to the inner rim, its a little less than half the width if the coin. Sorry, no idra where my tape measure is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts