• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to brag about the fact that I will be getting my first MVP discs tonight, around 5pm. Every disc they make but the Anode and Ion. Can't wait to try them out.
The reason I didn't go with the putters is because I have a love affair with Gateway baseline plastic and can't see changing my Magics and Wizards.

You should at least try them.
I prefer a S Proton Anode for driving, and a S Proton Ion for the circle.
If you found they don't work, you could always trade/sell them.

Cool. Thank, guys.

Btw, I've finally named my Axis. He is now Fletcherman.

So my neutron axis is Fletcherman, and my soft proton anode is deGrasse. The rest are still nameless.

If it's Neutron, it's almost certainly medium. If it's Proton, it'll say 'soft' on the stamp.

That's true for all the newer proton but the older protons didn't have that...they were marked with an S on the outer ring in silver ink if they were soft. I was confused about that for a long time, I had a bunch of older proton ions that felt like softs but didn't have the soft stamp, now I know.

I did forget to mention that didn't I, they're both proton. I got them used, slightly, do they may be older, they don't say soft on them anywhere. I didn't look super close either but the only ink readily noticeable is a weight on one of them. Ill check more closely hren I get home.

Its just more curiosity than anything else...either way they feel great.....

Ive been wanting to try the for a while. They're like Wizards but premium and hopefully the gyro will help get to wobble out of my putting. Plus they're just cool looking lol.

If you were to throw a hyzer shot around some trees on a hole around 200' and want the disc to land flat instead of on the rim causing it to roll, which disc would you use?

I would throw a Ion for this shot. It wouldn't land flat, but should stick pretty well.

Went to DiscNation store this AM thinking they have Tensors, Nanos and Proton Tangents ready for sale and turned out the guy in the store say it may come in tomorrow or Sunday! Oh man, I have tournament at Roy G and Met C this Sat/Sun and I was hoping that I would get those before tomorrow. Oh well… Probably will stop by Sunday after the tournament.

Cool. Thank, guys.

Btw, I've finally named my Axis. He is now Fletcherman.

So my neutron axis is Fletcherman, and my soft proton anode is deGrasse. The rest are still nameless.

bill nye?

Went to DiscNation store this AM thinking they have Tensors, Nanos and Proton Tangents ready for sale and turned out the guy in the store say it may come in tomorrow or Sunday! Oh man, I have tournament at Roy G and Met C this Sat/Sun and I was hoping that I would get those before tomorrow. Oh well… Probably will stop by Sunday after the tournament.
I'll have him slapped around... they're there right now, they should've known those discs would be available today, mid-day or earlier. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the video. Did that homeless guy sleeping on the 1st tee pad give you any trouble?

Not sure if serious or joking...but that was me just showing how huge the teepads are. I'm well over 6' tall and they were twice as long as me at least.

If you were to throw a hyzer shot around some trees on a hole around 200' and want the disc to land flat instead of on the rim causing it to roll, which disc would you use?

I would flick a putter or mid that's true stable on a slight anhyzer and let it flatten out. I use this shot a ton, just usually from a shorter range.

If I had to throw backhand, I'd give a Tangent a shallow hyzer angle and a controlled toss.

In4D: I love my Quasars but I'm really curious to try an MVP max D driver considering how solid all their most recent molds have been. I was getting a bunch of 500' park jobs playing monster holes at my home course yesterday...nearly aced one a little longer than that. I have been having some of my longest drives ever with an orange Quasar I traded for a few weeks back...but seeing how far my Volts go makes me wonder what MVP can pull off. Definitely putting their first max D disc up against Quasars whenever they come out.

Last edited:
I'll have him slapped around... they're there right now, they should've known those discs would be available today, mid-day or earlier. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm deeply disappointed with the change in your avatar....:thmbdown:

Love DiscNation though. Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts