• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP - Fission™ Microbubble Technology

For me this is bigger news than rerunning everything in plasma.
Agreed. My tailwind max distance drivers for the last few years have been been blizzard and now an air trespass. Get me a 145-150 Tesla and I'll be a happy camper.

Not to be a jerk, but, come on. Worry about getting the new higher speed drivers out. I am sick of waiting.

JERK! They are coming out with the circit series and id be very excited to hear this news along with the release of those molds.

Christian Sandstrom finna set another world record look out Simon! :p gawwwwn be aiiight nate! Wondering where you been.

I just watched that video with sound on, and it makes a world of difference. The excitement of Fission is just starting to sink in for me. I was so positive that MVP would never go this route that I was sort of shocked at first. But seeing that Volt with its barely noticeable bubbles and seeing a "149" on there...they're taking it to a whole new level.

It would be cool if they could get a heavier/denser overmold and have max weight discs with all the weight in the rim.

This would be life changing! I've turned and burned everything I've ever thrown in light bubble plastic unless i'm throwing with tailwind. I love MVP/Axiom but if the fission plastic isn't any heavier than mid 160's I'll have to pass. Or get one specifically for tailwind bombs.

I can't tell if I should be excited about this. Should I be excited about this?

I'm definitely interested, just like I was back when Destroyers got the Blizzard treatment. Hope this stuff is steps above the rest. Fission Photon!

These should be a ton of fun to throw. I can't wait to get my hands on fission Teslas, and spread the other molds through my local club. A lot of semi-casual and older players use a bunch of Blizzard and I'm ready to convert their drivers over.

These should be a ton of fun to throw. I can't wait to get my hands on fission Teslas, and spread the other molds through my local club. A lot of semi-casual and older players use a bunch of Blizzard and I'm ready to convert their drivers over.

:thmbup:

how light would you go for a tesla? they already have 150

A 150 Fission Tesla should fly differently than a 150 Neutron. The core is gonna weigh next to nothing, right? And the overmold should be heavier, enhancing GYRO. Can't wait to see how this all pans out.

A 150 Fission Tesla should fly differently than a 150 Neutron. The core is gonna weigh next to nothing, right? And the overmold should be heavier, enhancing GYRO. Can't wait to see how this all pans out.

Can someone explain how they make 155g Teslas right now? There might be a distinct advantage of a 155g Fission Tesla over a normal 155g Tesla. Idk

Can someone explain how they make 155g Teslas right now?

No inside information but I have a (reasonably plausible) theory. Not to be confused with a Theory (although I have a few of those, too).

I think MVP/Axiom has at least two different cores, one lighter and one heavier. The basis of this theory is the dearth of higher-speed MVP/Axiom drivers in the 162-165 weight range. I think this is the "gap" between the two core weights. Unfortunately this is the weight range I prefer for higher-speed drivers.

Looking at Disc Golf Center:
Neutron Inertia: weights jump from 158 to 167
Neutron Insanity: weights jump from 154 to 173
Neutron Impulse, for some reason, has weights up to 156, 161-164, and then 168 and up. Maybe there are three core weights for the Impulse?

I could be wrong though - many companies seem to skip that weight range, so maybe the demand is low.

Latest posts