• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Inertia Distance Driver

I just ordered a 155 Inertia. I normally throw 165-172. After watching the vids, there didn't seem to be a major flight diffrence between the weights. Am I right in this assumption, or what say ye ole wise testers.

I bet you'll see more turn than you would in your normal weight range. I can't speak for him but I wouldn't be surprised if Mike took a little something off on some of the lighter weights. The light ones probably have the most distance potential in the right conditions.

I bet you'll see more turn than you would in your normal weight range. I can't speak for him but I wouldn't be surprised if Mike took a little something off on some of the lighter weights. The light ones probably have the most distance potential in the right conditions.

I would imagine so as well. I usually throw lower lines anyway. The flight resembles my amp, so it should fit its roll of easy longer amp drives.

Longer Amp is a pretty good description. I tend to put a little more hyzer on the lighter weights. They did turn a bit more for me but like with other MVP molds the weight difference doesn't have a drastic effect. The lefty throws included a 164G blue and 175G white and I got nice S curve flights out of each.

Ordered a 171 Inertia and a 171 Switch. I'm excited. That should round out my all mvp bag.

Seems like more people are talking about the Watermelon Craves than the Inertia, which surprises me. Anyone get out and throw the Inertia this weekend?

Very controllable with hyzer angles. Took a few throws to dial in, but tons of D and majestic S lines. I was getting 360'-380' pretty regularly. When thrown into 15mph+ headwinds, it will turn and cut roll back to the left (thrown RHBH.)

This one performs right where it should for it's description in the overall field of DD's. It's a great disc, and will be a huge hit. If you don't have one, get one.

I received a red 172g MVP Inertia this weekend. Got some throws in at a relatively wooded course and a wider longer course to test it out. At 350-380' of power this disc is pretty understable. It flies similar to a worn beast out of the box. I'd put the flight ratings at 10/5/-3/1. At about 320' I could keep it straight with a hyzer flip with a straight finish. At 350' or beyond this thing is turning right hard and will need some height to finish with fade. I was throwing some tight wooded lines on a steep hyzer angle, it was flying straight for about 300 or so feet before it finally flipped all the way over and started turning right. On a low line it would finish right. Great for low ceiling rollers as I can throw it nearly flat and watch it dive right into the ground. The particular disc I got is very flat, almost concave. If you prefer a disc with some dome for some extra glide and a more solid finish to accomplish reliably finishing S shots I'd hold of on this one. If you need something in the speed 10 category to perform reliably understable duties or if you can't quite hit 400' with your distance drivers and consider yourself a lower power player you'll love this for "S" shots. I had a few friends throw it who throw closer to 300'-330' regularly and they were getting the disc to exhibit limited turn and a healthy fade with impressive distance compared to similar speed discs. At the lower power level it looked like it was flying more like a fresh beast, or about 10/5/-2/2.

Last edited:
I'm used to throwing pretty stable distance drivers (my Terns are a good bit more HSS than my Inertia), so the Inertia has been tricky for me. The exact angle I need to hit to get my power into this disc for a straightish flight has eluded me so far. Getting consistent footing for power has not been easy either...I wish I had a lighter one, but this 175 needs more juice to fly than I'm getting most of the time right now. Spring must get here eventually...

Ah, after reading discspeeds review above me here I remembered something that everyone agreed on at the course. If you throw a lot of understable plastic and prefer releasing most of your shots on a hyzer angle (players with ultimate background will probably feel comfortable here) this disc will be awesome for you. It forgives some nose up release by being fairly understable. If you're like myself and discspeed and prefer throwing something like the new avery destroyers or more HSS terns closer to flat its going to be quite a different feel on the release to get it to fly straight.

Overall it was not the most impressive recently released disc, but also not the worst. I'll carry mine around for now as I'm digging it for rollers and huge sky turn overs (I usually use a beefy roadrunner for this, but this is less stable and faster--a little easier to throw it higher and further). If you order one I'm sure you'll find a use for it.

I'm used to throwing pretty stable distance drivers (my Terns are a good bit more HSS than my Inertia), so the Inertia has been tricky for me. The exact angle I need to hit to get my power into this disc for a straightish flight has eluded me so far. Getting consistent footing for power has not been easy either...I wish I had a lighter one, but this 175 needs more juice to fly than I'm getting most of the time right now. Spring must get here eventually...

Does it remind you all of a beat up flat sword? (slower for sure) but first flight reminded me of my old go-to beat up light 166g black TP sword. Less HSS but the overall straight flight and forgiving of slight angles was nice.

:D got me a 173g inertia today took it to a field and first two throws were at about 75-80% hit 300ft easy with a 5mph tailwind releasing with a slight hyzer rhbh it flipped up and flew straight then had that nice mvp glide out to the left. The next 3 throws I went for max power with a bit more hyzer and height. It flew out to about 200ft turned over and looked like a shooting star streaking from left to right before it flexed back and landed 380-400ft what an awesome disc. :thmbup::thmbup:

I got my 167 Inertia today and only had a chance to throw it 5-6 times. My first throw was flat and about 80% power. Went about 20 feet farther than my longest distance Tern disc. Nice.

But then I put full power to it with some hyzer and it got about 200 feet and flipped over and kept going right at a step angle to the right. Like a really late turn and burn.

When I throw flat it's very nice. I think my problem is when I try to throw a hyzer flip I roll my wrist to flat coming out of the throw. I'm going to do some more experimenting with it later today. I think keeping my angle place all the way throw it going to get me some excellent throws.

I think I may have to order another heavier one. My go to disc is my 172 Amp which is not flippy at all. I wonder how much that 5 grams will make a difference?

But then again, MVP has a habit of fixing my form flaws. I don't think I've every thrown a good hyzer flip with proper form.

if you had a 155g and wanted a 175g id say go for it.. 5g difference really shouldn't be much change though. Throwing a steep hyzer flip will almost feel like you are releasing early but you are actually just releasing at the lower orientation. One way to check is by mimicking your hyzerflip release point with a disc in hand and rotate up to a "flat" throw -- if the wrist is way open and not in line with the arm that tells you some OAT could be coming in just like you describe.

The main thing that I pay attention to when hyzer flipping is my follow through...If you are throwing with hyzer you are going to follow through on an upward angle rather than level...Otherwise you can start your pull with hyzer and then pull it level at the last second (wrist roll).

Yep, I definitely noticed some wrist roll when I was trying to throw a hyzer flip with the Inertia today. Just rolled over and stayed low. I see it as a positive, because it'll keep me honest. Might be frustrating at times, but it will do the job. Especially because when I hit it right, this thing bombs for me. Give it some hyzer, some height, and boom.

Yeah I have been more partial to Volts/Resistors/Servos for distances from 300-350 but when I got my hands on one of these I just couldn't put it away for some reason. The rim is so comfortable to grip and it's just a hyzer flip machine right off the shelf. It has made its way into my bag. Can't wait to get my hands on a Tesla.

Noodle arm review:
So I get home today to find a shiny new 155g hot pink Inertia from Community discs in the mailbox. So I immediately jump back in the car and head to the practice field. Just to give a touch of background for comparisons sake I've been mostly happy with MVP discs but not 100%. I absolutely love my Tangent(personal favorite), Switch, and Axis but was never able to gel with my Amp. I think I may have gotten a freak one but it's hard to tell from a sample of one but mine was just too beefy for me and always faded out early on me. In the back of my mind I was wondering if maybe I just didn't have the arm for MVPs longer discs but wanted to find out. So I step out on the practice field and do my very best to empty my mind of any preconceived opinions as to what this disc should or might do. I say to myself "just throw it flat in a neutral and controlled manner (80% effort) and see what it does." The discs leaves the hand feeling great stays relatively flat and starts slowly drifting right (not even remotely trying to turn over just a gentle drift) then straightens out and continues straight for a good bit then very slowly and gently starts fading back left while continuing its forward momentum. BooYaaa! This was probably the best virgin voyage of any disc I've ever thrown. So I'm standing there with a smile on my face wondering if I've found some magic or I just got a lucky throw in. So I retrieve and throw roughly 25 to 30 times and guess what – this disc rocks – even for noodle arms. It's so easy to throw far because it seem to have an equal balance of beginning turn, straight, the light gentle fade combined with glide that just keeps this disc aloft for longer than many other discs. I always get the most distance from discs with a bit of turn to balance out the fade at the end. For those throwing about 300ft this disc hits the sweet spot of equal turn and fade for that long stretch out "S" curve. Bigger arms could always compensate with more hyzer of course but I'm just happy to have a winner for us with regular human arms. Happy camper – stays in the bag!

^Glad you're liking it, Slinger! It truly is one of MVP's most accessible molds, in my opinion. Great for a wide range of throwers.

Got mine today (along with a Crave) and don't know what to think. I haven't thrown it yet but it has that funky drop off style outer rim that a PD/"anhyzer top" has (steep slope just prior to where the edge/PLH is). I couldn't tell from profile pictures posted prior to my order but had I know it may have put me off in the first place.

I need to throw it before I can truly judge that but I really dislike the feel...am I the only one that isn't a fan of said slope? I never hear people mention it in person or online anywhere but I can't be the only one.

Fingers crossed for Thursday.