• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Proton Volt

Definitely looks more stable. Any chance you could show some shots around 400 on lower lines?

I definitely cant push my volts 450 feet, not yet at least... but i can get them out to about 400. I've been meaning to a do a video showing the difference between my lighter volts and my 175 volt, which seems to be less stable than the lighter ones.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about trading my Volts, but after seeing the flight of the Protons I'll probably hold off on doing so.

Good Gosh what an arm! Wish I could get my Volt to go 400 feet! My neutrons have some turn to them, but not a lot...MikeC, do you think the Proton might be too overstable for me? I can get my Neutron Volts out to about 300-320 real distance on flat ground and then they have some turn. Would you say a Proton Volt would overlap too much with my new run Shock? I also carry Teebirds for my more OS than a Volt, less OS than a Shock slot...again, would this overlap? My MVP drivers certainly go farther than my other fairways (Teebirds and Patriot) but I still don't want a ton of overlap...

Mike is mostly throwing with some hyzer (insurance policy for a monster arm), so that is why it is finishing so hard in the video. For me, on a 360' throw with a perfectly flat release the P Volt goes dead straight with a late and forward fade. Throwing straight at the basket they end up 15-20' to the left rhbh.

Good Gosh what an arm! Wish I could get my Volt to go 400 feet! My neutrons have some turn to them, but not a lot...MikeC, do you think the Proton might be too overstable for me? I can get my Neutron Volts out to about 300-320 real distance on flat ground and then they have some turn. Would you say a Proton Volt would overlap too much with my new run Shock? I also carry Teebirds for my more OS than a Volt, less OS than a Shock slot...again, would this overlap? My MVP drivers certainly go farther than my other fairways (Teebirds and Patriot) but I still don't want a ton of overlap...

it might overlap your teebird at the distance youre throwing, but not the shock.

Really looks closer to the shock than the original volt. Very, very interesting :D

Idk, the shock seems pretty beefy... this new proton volt is definitely more stable than neutron, but it definitely doesnt seem to behave like a shock based on the video.

The new Volt would overlap with the TB at your power level I would imagine, but would still glide more than the Shock.

great job as usual Mike. I throw all mvp for my fairways and this volt definitely appears to fill the gap between the neutron shock and volt. Very excited to get my 3 in the next week and a half or so.

Love the video, the rain jog made me laugh just 'cause we've all been there. That was informative and fun to watch. Props Mike

Mike is mostly throwing with some hyzer (insurance policy for a monster arm), so that is why it is finishing so hard in the video. For me, on a 360' throw with a perfectly flat release the P Volt goes dead straight with a late and forward fade. Throwing straight at the basket they end up 15-20' to the left rhbh.

So would you say its a fade like the FR shocks?

The new Volt would overlap with the TB at your power level I would imagine, but would still glide more than the Shock.

Hmm...perhaps. I should mention I can get my MVP Fairways quite a bit farther than my Teebirds. Like, on flat ground with a good rip I could easily get my Volts 30-50 feet farther and that's not exaggerating. Now you've got me thinking...

I guess it wont really matter because I'll just beat the Proton Volt in to perfection anyway:hfive:

IMG_20130704_205322_zpsff16b882.jpg

:D :D

Latest posts