• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Shock

If the shock flies at higher power like the volt does on smoother shots I will be happy.

If the shock flies at higher power like the volt does on smoother shots I will be happy.

This. I've got 2 ions, and a newish Volt. Got an Axis on the way. I'm starting to "worry" that these wacky two-piece frisbees are going to knock my old timey jalopy one-piece discs out of my bag.

The one thing I wonder about...since the MVP stuff spins/glides/carries so much, how are they going to come up with stuff like, say, a Rhyno, or Firebird? A super OS meathook? I'm sure they'll think of something.

I.E. the heavier weights have all that added wieght on the outer edge, so they spin faster/longer, so they turn over/glide more.

I believe that being more gyroscopic would make it more resistant to turn and hold its line for a longer period of time.

Just like the tire in this video, the gyroscopic effect causes the disc to fly on the same plane on which it was released.

Last edited:
Here's your nose-to-nose...

attachment.php

Attachments

• wingshot-dgcr.jpg
    wingshot-dgcr.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 250
Here's your nose-to-nose...

attachment.php

Sick. I'm getting one. I love how my 175g Volt flies...it's like a beat Teebird for me...thrown flat or on a slight hyzer it will flip up and go right just a bit (depending on how it's released) and has a few more feet of distance for me than a Teebird. Plus I like how the shallower rim feels in my hand. Excited for this Shock to come out. I could see going to an all MVP fairway line-up now. :)

I noticed this when I was at Gotta Go the other day, talking with one of the store workers. He said that his co-workers could hardly tell the difference between the rims of the Amp and Volt. When compared side by side, they are very similar, the only difference seeming to be the Volt had a higher PLH.

Who were you talking to? None of the people in the shop there know much about MVP. I get a few texts/emails a week answering MVP questions for them.

I thought the shock was supposed to be eagle-like?

I'm going to agree that the Volt is more Eagle-esque. Hoping the Shock is going to be more PD/Longer TB.

I believe that being more gyroscopic would make it more resistant to turn and hold its line for a longer period of time.

Just like the tire in this video, the gyroscopic effect causes the disc to fly on the same plane on which it was released.

Fair enough, and thanks...I'm not great on the actual physics involved.

^this is a good theory.
Since it is still frigid here in the interior AK, I have only been able to thing about disc golf the past few months.
I was thinking the other day if there was a perfect balance of mvp disc weight and desired flights.

I.E. its easier to throw a sharp curveball with a baseball than whiffle ball.

This. I've got 2 ions, and a newish Volt. Got an Axis on the way. I'm starting to "worry" that these wacky two-piece frisbees are going to knock my old timey jalopy one-piece discs out of my bag.

The one thing I wonder about...since the MVP stuff spins/glides/carries so much, how are they going to come up with stuff like, say, a Rhyno, or Firebird? A super OS meathook? I'm sure they'll think of something.

I asked Chad and Brad this when I interviewed them, and they talked about PLH being a key, but that a super OS gyro disc would have a heavy fade, but be more gradual and less likely to dump off. At least that's how I understood it.

Nice profile pic Zam. The Shock looks like it has a nice fat nose that reminds me of the Banshee. I'm actually going to try this one out and cross my toes for longer Banshee.

Leave it to MVP to sneak a disc on the market while nobody's watching..Prodigy who??

Well played MVP, Well played.
No hints, no hype... name + info + date. :clap:

I do appreciate the Prodigy Hackerz Klub thread keeping eyes off the MVP site... I was all trololol editing the live site last night, and normally I'm on full anxiety mode while making heavy updates. Easy beans. :hfive:

Nice profile pic Zam. The Shock looks like it has a nice fat nose that reminds me of the Banshee. I'm actually going to try this one out and cross my toes for longer Banshee.

That's the first disc that popped into my head when I saw it. Hoping you're right, but not necessarily expecting it.

Who were you talking to? None of the people in the shop there know much about MVP. I get a few texts/emails a week answering MVP questions for them.QUOTE]

I don't recall getting his name. Some younger guy, mid-20s(ish) w/ a 5 o'clock shadow. Sounds like pretty much all disc golfers! I'd agree they don't seem to know a ton. I did the side-by-side comparison myself though and pointed out that the PLH is higher on the Volt which is the difference...he kind of looked at me funny.

someone on DGR said that these will be the same depth as the Volt (1.1cm I think)

Well, if you keep the flight plate and all other things constant and just swap out the GYRO wing, you start producing discs with similar feel in the hand (important), but (more important), you can maximize economies of scale and produce a **** ton of cores all at once (assuming you're not using a JIT inventory system) and pop a wing & stamp on them whenever you need to fill demand for a certain driver, thus reducing switchover costs and ensuring a consistent product.

^^ pure speculation here, but can anyone confirm/deny this is the case at MVP?

I have 3 Volts, 2 red, and 1 pink. The reds are Teebird stable, the pink is more TL. I have 2 Amps, one white, one neon green, both throw exactly the same, like a longer Leopard. If the Shock is any where near Pred stable, I will be a very happy guy. All they'll need then is a Drone type mid and a Zone type putter!

Latest posts