• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Shock

I will definitely be carrying all three this spring to check out how it works for me to cover 90% of my driver needs. I'm actually going to carry two of each...one max weight and one around 170g. I'm hoping that with a couple Destroyers, I'll have everything I need for any given scenario. I really like howhow the MVP drivers feel in my hand.

Except the person reporting my posts.... Whoever that was

*turns and awkwardly looks at plex*

Anywho..

I reported some of your posts too (not all of them, though) because you've spent fifteen some-odd pages being a total jerk when it's totally unnecessary. If you have a problem with it... well, you can get over it and act like a civilized human being. If your posts are being removed, I think it's easy to deduce that I'm not the only one that feels the same way (seeing as how I can't remove posts myself).

Back on track? It does kinda sound like the Shock might end up like the Saint - everyone said "TEEBIRD! FIREBIRD! OMG!," and it, well, wasn't. The Volt had the same happen to some extent, so I'm mostly taking a wait-and-see attitude on this one.

I love MVP and have a great deal of it in my bag, but I might end up not getting a Shock if it flies the purported line, though; I already have a disc that is just barely, slightly understable, and it's called a Volt. :D

I threw Shocks today with my modestly-skilled arm.

Here's my arm, throwing primarily shallow to medium hyzer-flips:
- a 172g lightly worn Star SW = no-wind long straight (using turn + fade)
- a 172g lightly worn SOLF = headwind long straight (using turn + fade)
- a 175g freshy QOLF = headwind straight + fade

The Shocks would be taking the SOLF spot. Power wasn't really turning them -- that's similar to my QOLFs. Headwind + power was getting a nice useable turn from them.

Calm winds, the Shock would get a straight flight and good forward fade. Headwinds, I'd get a nice control line with a shallow turnover that stretches out for distance and fades back to center. It was kinda like the Shocks flew in a headwind like the Volt does in no wind.

My grip bag i carry 18 discs with me.

but i find i am only thrwong my anode axis and volts on 90% of my throws.

maybe i should just stick with the nutsac for now!!! Cannot wait to try the shock. The little wiggle with bigger fade than the volt sounds like my cup of tee. I love the feel of the rim on the volt/amp. Perfect for my stubby fingers.

when i use my pain i say im bringing the pain. now with the shock well there is plenty of puns to be used there!!! go MVP!!

Shock would get a straight flight and good forward fade.

ohhhh yeaa i put in a hefty order of shocks with my local dealer today, close to wholesale prices :hfive:.

Maybe i will sell a stack on here when i get them. Everyone should have one of these!

From the admittedly little I have read about this disc (Mostly on this forum). It sounds like the Shock is what I was lead to believe my Volt would be. I've since found a spot in my bag for the Volt and appreciate what it can do. I was quite disappointed upon first throwing it though, with its unending turns.

At the risk of opening a can of worms is anyone else astounded by how much hype these discs generate? I don't want to get in to fan boy bashing or other crap like that. I just want to comment on something I noticed. The "Peedee" thread is sub 300 replies. It's mostly comments on bag combinations or flight reports. This Shock thread, also sub 300 replies, is one of the most dilute wastelands of a thread I've ever wandered in to. Between the empty speculation you get a healthy amount of name calling. It's intimidating and annoying for someone like me who just wants to know how the damn thing flies.

I recognize that part of what I'm describing comes with the territory of this disc's release. Its a popular brand that has produced very excellent discs before. The PD by comparison has been around for a while and isn't as sexy of a disc.

If you think that I am complaining, please don't. I simply am taking my time getting around to my central question.

Is it possible that in the future we could create two threads for a discs release? One for actual analysis of its flight and one for the inevitable pre-release chit chat. It would help keep the forums on topic and more informative. Alternately, good quality posts could be modified to stand out visually.

Thanks.

Funny enough I brought up that exact idea to ZAM today. A legit thread where only good info goes or can be found on page 1

From the admittedly little I have read about this disc (Mostly on this forum). It sounds like the Shock is what I was lead to believe my Volt would be. I've since found a spot in my bag for the Volt and appreciate what it can do. I was quite disappointed upon first throwing it though, with its unending turns.

At the risk of opening a can of worms is anyone else astounded by how much hype these discs generate? I don't want to get in to fan boy bashing or other crap like that. I just want to comment on something I noticed. The "Peedee" thread is sub 300 replies. It's mostly comments on bag combinations or flight reports. This Shock thread, also sub 300 replies, is one of the most dilute wastelands of a thread I've ever wandered in to. Between the empty speculation you get a healthy amount of name calling. It's intimidating and annoying for someone like me who just wants to know how the damn thing flies.

I recognize that part of what I'm describing comes with the territory of this disc's release. Its a popular brand that has produced very excellent discs before. The PD by comparison has been around for a while and isn't as sexy of a disc.

If you think that I am complaining, please don't. I simply am taking my time getting around to my central question.

Is it possible that in the future we could create two threads for a discs release? One for actual analysis of its flight and one for the inevitable pre-release chit chat. It would help keep the forums on topic and more informative. Alternately, good quality posts could be modified to stand out visually.

Thanks.

That's because only a few of us have thrown it thus far. Making a thread about a disc before it's out for the masses will result in this, regardless of the brand. I'm sure the PD thread was made after it was released thus giving people actually soemthing to talk about. Just my $.02

Funny enough I brought up that exact idea to ZAM today. A legit thread where only good info goes or can be found on page 1

You know as well as I do that it is impossible to keep people from posting useless **** in said thread tho.

I was very doubtful that MVP would be able to release a far flyer - it just seemed like their outer rim was only suitable for putters. But when I tried the Volt, I was shocked (no pun intended). Now I'm super stoked for the Shock.

A few places are doing pre-orders. $15/disc for it at Infinite Discs, really not bad at all for MVP. http://infinitediscs.com/mvp-shock/

That's because only a few of us have thrown it thus far. Making a thread about a disc before it's out for the masses will result in this, regardless of the brand. I'm sure the PD thread was made after it was released thus giving people actually soemthing to talk about. Just my $.02

You know as well as I do that it is impossible to keep people from posting useless **** in said thread tho.

It may be impossible to keep people from posting their useless opinions, but this ancient forum layout doesn't help. I find myself visiting the site less and less because sorting through 60 pages of speculation for an accurate review is impractical.

Probably just as useless to encourage the community to separate threads. I think its more practical to have an active user review system for the comments like the course review "helpful" vote has. But with a better search system. :)

Please disregard this post as its filled with hypocrisy.

It may be impossible to keep people from posting their useless opinions, but this ancient forum layout doesn't help. I find myself visiting the site less and less because sorting through 60 pages of speculation for an accurate review is impractical.

Probably just as useless to encourage the community to separate threads. I think its more practical to have an active user review system for the comments like the course review "helpful" vote has. But with a better search system. :)

There needs to be a way to make a thread that you can edit the OP to add links to separate posts that contain actual information.

There needs to be a way to make a thread that you can edit the OP to add links to separate posts that contain actual information.

Yes That's a great idea.

Maybe, there should be a "Useful Post" button by each post that gives a member karma for each useful post they make. :)

For example, i would get no karma for this worthless post.

Yeah... These types of forums are rough. Voting system is the way to go. But would a full change to the website be practical? I don't know much about webpage construction or whatever.

It would only be beneficial to retailers, manufacturers and pros needing to pimp products without muddied waters

We just need to be conscious of our thread titles. For example, instead of just calling this one "MVP Shock," we could use:

-MVP Shock Pre-release Speculation Thread
-MVP Shock Pre-release Review Thread (for the zjs, Mike Cs and discspeeds of the world)
-MVP Shock Mass Consumption Thread, for after the full release

Self-governing at its finest!

We just need to be conscious of our thread titles. For example, instead of just calling this one "MVP Shock," we could use:

-MVP Shock Pre-release Speculation Thread
-MVP Shock Pre-release Review Thread (for the zjs, Mike Cs and discspeeds of the world)
-MVP Shock Mass Consumption Thread, for after the full release

Self-governing at its finest!

I see how it is.....

Latest posts