• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

I would like to see mike compare a volt and the tesla head to head. From what I could see this is very similar to my beefy eclipse volt

I would like to see mike compare a volt and the tesla head to head. From what I could see this is very similar to my beefy eclipse volt

+1. (Or at least post thoughts on this here.) I know Mike C can get these same distances from the volt, so I'm wondering if there'll be too much overlap for my mortal arm. (Thanks for the great vid, I'm just being info greedy.)

Also, looks like there might be more differences between weights than other MVP molds?

Mike's video comparison of the Tesla and Inertia are about on par with what I found. There's probably more of a gap than I think most of us expected. .

I think we need the discs to actually be released and get thrown for a few rounds before that can be really be said. Ill be taking one of these and breaking it in right away to see how it flies vs a fresh. While its much more HSS I don't think the 2 discs from a distance driver standpoint are very far apart when you consider how they are used. You don't need to split hairs as much regarding stability of a mold when the speed is greater. It makes sense to differentiate the models and not have them overlap off the shelf.

Annnnnnnnnnd chalk up another MVP sale bc of a MikeC video.
Looks like a crusher of a disc. I have a decent arm and can tickle 400 with my distance drivers but I'm thinking it will be wise to take a step back with these MVP speed 10's.
I really hope the tesla is the first to be run in proton.

It makes sense to differentiate the models and not have them overlap off the shelf.

I think you are right. If the same gap is seen between the four drivers, the Motion is going to be meathook city. And the Impulse is gonna flip for days.

I think you are right. If the same gap is seen between the four drivers, the Motion is going to be meathook city. And the Impulse is gonna flip for days.

Right. I hope the motion is very resistor-esq where it doesn't care about what MPH headwind or how beat it gets there is no turning over and always some LSS.

I think we will find the tesla to become very sword like.. When I threw swords brand new they were almost OS destroyers but with time they held almost all the HSS and lost the LSS which made it stupid workable and long at the same time. From mikes video I am really seeing its a faster volt (current P runs) and hope it beats in the same. Glidey straight goodness you can count on in all conditions and any shot/line. :D

If anyone decides to sell one of their tesla signature stamps pm me and name your price, I missed on these apparently. sigh

disc looks pretty solid, thanks for the video mike

I felt like MVP's description was accurate. I had a real easy time putting the video together...even in the wind. I found the Tesla very easy to throw!

How far can you throw it compared to your volt? What is your max distance?

It doesn't seem much longer than a volt.

I'm happy it has a similar flight path to a volt though, and the forward penetrating fade reminds me of the good old first run volts.

If anyone decides to sell one of their tesla signature stamps pm me and name your price, I missed on these apparently. sigh

disc looks pretty solid, thanks for the video mike
I think one of the larger dealers will be listing their Tesla LE's soon, maybe even pre-orders. One of the places that could get up to 75 of 'em if they wanted.

I think one of the larger dealers will be listing their Tesla LE's soon, maybe even pre-orders. One of the places that could get up to 75 of 'em if they wanted.

If you talking bout us...

Right now the only pre-order we have scheduled to go up for the Tesla is a special stamp that hasn't been fully released yet. Should be going up by the end of this week.

We will list LE and Mike C runs on the release date

All right, back from the park, where I do all my field work/testing.

I tested the 172 Tesla against a my 174 Inertia, fresh FR Volt, beat FR Volt, trusty Amp, and lightly seasoned Shock. The Tesla is board flat, and almost like the Resistor, has the overmold up high along the core. It gives it a different grip than the Inertia...one that I honestly am not in love with. It's not bad, just not super comfortable for my hand.

I went in expecting one thing, and ended up somewhat surprised.

The Tesla is much more overstable than I thought it would be. It honestly flew very much like the Shock. Because of the overstability, I could not throw it as far as any of the other discs. Max D was around 260. Max D with the Inertia was about 305. In fact, out of the 5 molds I threw tonight, the Tesla was consistently the shortest.

On flex shots it would fight it off soon into the flight and fade back nicely. On the same flex shot the Inertia turned right, held that line for a bit, then faded a bit at the end. The flight between the two is very different. I feel like one of the Inertia's strengths is its glide. The Tesla seems to have much less glide, like most overstable discs in a noodle arm's hands.

So, in a nutshell, it's pretty beefy. I want to know what bigger arms think because if you can't get a disc up to speed it handles very differently. Most players will love this disc's OAT fighting power, stability, and predictable fade. If anyone found the Inertia to be squirrely, the Tesla will fix that, and then some.

Big thanks for the detailed review. I'm a little bummed that it's so stable as I was hoping for just a tick more stable than the inertia but not as big a gap as it seems to be. I also throw the inertia just a little over 300 so you have just the right arm for your reviews to give me good info. Sounds like this one will be a little too much for me. Oh well, I love the Inertia and hope maybe MVP or Axiom will fill the gap between the Inertia and the Tesla. Thanks again for the detailed review.

Any more reviewers out there want to post their comparisons :popcorn:

Big thanks for the detailed review. I'm a little bummed that it's so stable as I was hoping for just a tick more stable than the inertia but not as big a gap as it seems to be. I also throw the inertia just a little over 300 so you have just the right arm for your reviews to give me good info. Sounds like this one will be a little too much for me. Oh well, I love the Inertia and hope maybe MVP or Axiom will fill the gap between the Inertia and the Tesla. Thanks again for the detailed review.

Any more reviewers out there want to post their comparisons :popcorn:

No problem. :)

Do you throw a beefy Volt, or a Shock? If so, there will probably be overlap for your arm. If you don't have either of those discs, the Tesla could definitely fill a gap in your bag. Having a nice stable/overstable driver is never a bad thing.

There's no such thing as "too much" when it comes to discs. It just means that the disc will perform different tasks for you than for Mike C.

Well said. I think it's easy to get caught up in using discs too literally in situations. I should use a mid or putter for approaches and a fairway or driver off the tee. Any disc can get the results needed in unique situations. Letting a disc work for you instead of making a disc do what you want can often yield much better results with less effort required. To me golf is about being open to possibilities not limitations.

No problem. :)

Do you throw a beefy Volt, or a Shock? If so, there will probably be overlap for your arm. If you don't have either of those discs, the Tesla could definitely fill a gap in your bag. Having a nice stable/overstable driver is never a bad thing.

There's no such thing as "too much" when it comes to discs. It just means that the disc will perform different tasks for you than for Mike C.

My favorite MVP discs are the understable ones that I can throw long and straight either flat or with a touch of hyzer: Inertia, Switch, Tangent. If I need a left hook I usually throw a Nuke or Destroyer but maybe even if I can't keep the Tesla straight it could become my left hook disc. Yep, different stablities for different arms and different flight patterns - no doubt about it. What I meant was it might be too much for me to throw long and straight.

Sadly looks like I might pass up on the tesla. Solid looking disc but not a spot I really need to fill in my bag