• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Ah, my bad. You could have made that a little clearer though, your post read to me like you were looking for a backup/OOB replacement. Since Neutron and Proton are the same plastic you can pick whichever you like the look of.

My friend's Proton is a good bit more stable than any of our Neutrons.

Finally got around to using my Fission Volt, and wow does it bomb and go laser straight! Helped my game tremendously at my tournament this weekend and got 3rd in Intermediate, and that's with being sick with a cold. Seriously considering dropping my Wraiths and stockpiling on more Fissions.

I stopped into my local shop today and they finally had some fission Volts on the shelf and 1 plasma left. Aesthetically, these discs are indeed the beauties that the internet has built them up to be. All the fissions were 164-165(max weight from what Ive read) and the plasma is 175. I still throw from a standstill(or single step, no X) and look for most of the fairway and distance drivers in the 150-162ish range. It seems trivial, but Ive seen folks here split hairs on a gram or two making or breaking throwing a disc for them. Generally speaking, is the 164 going to be light enough to get up to speed for me(the +2 over 162 being more mental than anything else) or should I try the plasma with it being FR stable to understable even though it is max weight? Eventually Ill have both, but I wont be able to pick them both up this go round.

I've been half heartedly trying to beat the LSS out of my plasma volt but this plastic seems to have great resiliency and the disc still flies the same as the day I got it. Definitely not a bad thing.

Has anyone broken in their plasma (or fission for that matter) volt to a point where it has a visibly different flight path?

It takes a long time to beat volts. Something about the design is pretty resilient. Lost my first plasma volt :doh: left it at a course and need to start working another one. Still love my seasoned proton the most. Its crazy straight and glides well.

Now that I'm back home it's time to play around with Fission and Plasma Volts some more and see how they fit in my setup. I simplified my bag a ton over Spring, and now its time to flesh it out some more.

Was going with a fresh Eclipse, seasoned to straight Eclipse, and a beat FR for turnovers.

Still waiting on the latter two to make it back home in the mail, so today when I play I'm going to try fresh eclipse, max weight plasma, and a 165 fission. See how those three do for now, then try all five together when the mail gets here.

My friend's Proton is a good bit more stable than any of our Neutrons.

But that's probably just an individual disc. Neutron and Proton are exactly the same plastic, just with different levels of opacity. They are not from different polymer families like Star/Champ or ESP/Z, therefore there is no reason Proton discs (as a whole) would fly differently than Neutron Volts.

Pretty awesome they brought back the FR Volt configuration.

It's funny, a while ago people kept asking for different discs from MVP....distance drivers, baseline putters, bring back the FR Volt etc. These days it seems tough just to keep up with everything they're doing!

It's funny, a while ago people kept asking for different discs from MVP....distance drivers, baseline putters, bring back the FR Volt etc. These days it seems tough just to keep up with everything they're doing!

Great toss! I've not yet seen or played with Plasma. Is it the case that they've built in some dome on the cores for add'l glide or is the flight roughly similar to other plastics?

Yep! dome and lower PLH with the volts. Same with my prototype teslas. That is one selling point of the plasma drivers it seems. Flight is not drastically different but noticeable like a worn in vs new disc flight

Great toss! I've not yet seen or played with Plasma. Is it the case that they've built in some dome on the cores for add'l glide or is the flight roughly similar to other plastics?

Comparing a current Eclipse/N/P standard Volt to the Plasmas, the Plasmas have a lower PLH and domier shoulder. They look just like my FR Volts. For me the current N/P/E Volts are about 9/5/0/2.5, and FR/Plasmas are about 9/5.5/-1/2

Yep! dome and lower PLH with the volts. Same with my prototype teslas. That is one selling point of the plasma drivers it seems. Flight is not drastically different but noticeable like a worn in vs new disc flight

Comparing a current Eclipse/N/P standard Volt to the Plasmas, the Plasmas have a lower PLH and domier shoulder. They look just like my FR Volts. For me the current N/P/E Volts are about 9/5/0/2.5, and FR/Plasmas are about 9/5.5/-1/2

Nice, thanks guys. FWIW, I had a pair of 167 N Volts I ended up favouring the Amp to back in the day. I liked the change to the Volt for Proton release but with Tesla, it sort of got lost for me. I would think if the dome adds glide, it would nice to see the higher PLH Volt in Plasma too. Volt-L and Volt-X style. I do have a Plasma Volt on order, looking forward to letting it rip and seeing what's up.

What is everyone's favorite plastic of Volt? For me Neutron and Plasma fly pretty similar. Fission is really unpredictable when I throw it while the Proton and Eclipse is a longer Crave.

My FR neutron is my fave, Fission is a close second. From there I would gladly throw a Volt in any plastic.

Latest posts