• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Was able to throw my new 161g Fission Volt (beautiful white / stampless !!) after work for half an hour. It flew instantly the farthest I have ever thrown. Not much, but it has! Really like it. For me it is a faster Servo with a little more turn and similar fade. I have just thrown it RHFH (and some Thumber-Test-Shots :D)

I still don't quite know where my fission fits in. My 175 plasma has just dominated the open fairway slot from about 275'-350'. I mean I am parking almost every drive I take with it. The fission is just taking longer to learn. Maybe long tunnel shots where my axis needs too much height? Time will tell but right now the pairing of my flat neutron and plasma is just great.

I'm in the same boat. it's more due to how much like throwing the plasma. I just haven't worked with the fission enough.

Played 2 four disc rounds tonight with the fission Volt as my only driver so as to become more acquainted with it. Well it killed. Handled every shot I asked of it and never felt like I was giving anything away by not having other options. Was also a bit windy and it held up great. BH and FH it was a laser. Had enough fade when I needed it to and straight as an arrow when I needed that.

It's kinda hard for me to go minimal these days with so many great discs they're pumping out, but tonight was a blast. Fission Volt + N Axis + Proxy + Ion = all lines covered

most players don't need much more than a volt IMO. they fly so far as a DD but power down great and are a very versatile mold now with plasma and fission options.

I played today at my toughest local course and I couldn't believe what the plasma Volt was doing for me. Such an incredible disc. Really get amazing distance with it and very controllable.

Proton/Neutron: slightly OS volts when new that beat in for years to a great go-to driver.
Plasma: Seasoned P/N volt right off the shelf (available in lighter weights)
Fission: Lighter weight P/N which adds to the glide and makes easier to throw while giving a true GYRO effect with a very, very late FW fade.

Such a killer set up really.

You guys are killing me. :\ Just ordered a couple of light Fission Volts to test out. Liked my FR N Volt, but its just a tad too heavy for me. Now we shall see what all this Volt stuff is all about. :p

I am loving my 168g Plasma Volt. I quit throwing my 174g Eclipse Volt months ago(plastic was way too hard) and have been throwing the Inertia, Valkyrie or Kaxe for lines I need the Volt for.The Plasma plastic is just what the doctor ordered. I won't be buying any more MVP/Axiom discs unless they come in Plasma.

The one thing I will disagree with most everyone on though. The Volt does not power down well for me. If I need a shorter line, I am going to the Kaxe every time.

Last edited:
You guys are killing me. :\ Just ordered a couple of light Fission Volts to test out. Liked my FR N Volt, but its just a tad too heavy for me. Now we shall see what all this Volt stuff is all about. :p

You will love them. Though I'm hoping you hate them and want to trade them to me, haha.

Help with next Volt. Current one is N and fairly beat. At my power it gives me a gradual right drift before coming back, but doesn't dump hard. A newer Neutron or go to Proton?

Help with next Volt. Current one is N and fairly beat. At my power it gives me a gradual right drift before coming back, but doesn't dump hard. A newer Neutron or go to Proton?

Did you mean Plasma? If so, yes, do it. I don't see much flight difference between proton and Neutron, so if you go Proton you'll have some work to do to beat that puppy in.

Loving the Plasma!

Finally got a chance to throw my new Plasma Volt yesterday. I had lost my first run Volt a couple months ago and missed it badly. Throwing the Plasma was like having an old friend return. :clap: Very straight with some controllable glide. Great disc.

I can't wait until some faster MVP drivers come out in this plastic. I'll finally be able to go all MVP at that point and ditch my speed 12+ discs. The Volt already fills the slot up to around 400 feet. My Tesla is only a little bit longer so I reach for something else beyond that (Tresspass, Hurricane, Destroyer class). If I could get my hands on a Volt like flight pattern on a slightly faster disc I would be in heaven.

You should try a wrath. I am getting at least 25-40ft more than my tesla, flying more or less the same line as a new N volt.

Last edited:
Did you mean Plasma? If so, yes, do it. I don't see much flight difference between proton and Neutron, so if you go Proton you'll have some work to do to beat that puppy in.

No, I didn't mean plasma. I don't want another like my beat N. It's great where it is.

No, I didn't mean plasma. I don't want another like my beat N. It's great where it is.
Ah, my bad. You could have made that a little clearer though, your post read to me like you were looking for a backup/OOB replacement. Since Neutron and Proton are the same plastic you can pick whichever you like the look of.