• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Then you have fission and plasma options with weight ranges to consider. I personally would get a sub 160's fission volt as a calm day/max D driver and tailwind bomber etc (these are still very much a volt but easier to throw and have more glide) The plasma at low 170's to mid 160's then becomes your "go-to" volt. Plasma have a little more high speed turn than other volts due to the dome and a very FW fade.

This is pretty much what I was thinking. I get 4 discs for early bday present tomorrow and was debating whether to get twin lightweight fissions and mid weight plasmas or getting a light and heavy for each plastic. Thanks for the response.

I think a light and heavy plasma would be a good combo. Beat up the light one and the heavy one could be your go to. Not a huge difference in weights with those though. Put a light bombing fission on top of that and you've got a killer volt set up

My planned lineup is N Amp->Plasma Volt->Star TeeBird-> then up to Insantiy->Tesla

And I'll bag a Fission Volt.

My question is concerning my TeeBird. It follows similar lines as my Tesla except the TeeBird and a huge fade at the end that the Tesla doesn't. My question is how similar would a current run regular Volt be to my TeeBird.

I'd love to rock all MVP through there.

I'd say a current volt would fit there nicely. It's a pretty late fade that carries forward enough to really hit gaps and keep moving through. I use a 175 Neutron for this but I've heard that proton and eclipse may run with just a bit more LSS

Ordered 2 170 plasma yellows and 2 155 white fissions. Anxiously awaiting their arrival. They will be joining 2 175 neutrons.

Hmm..... My Plasma volt isn't all that much different than my current neutron volt. Maybe a tick more turn but I think it has a more right to left finish than my N, which is more of a forward fade.

So differences between a Crave and fission volt?

To be honest, it's been a good while since I've thrown a Crave. But from what I remember the Fission Volt has less fade, wants to stray straighter longer, has more glide, and is much easier to throw.

^depends on the weight of the crave really. Craves are very straight and glide well. They are pretty similar flying discs given the weights and speed differences. I prefer the crave vs a fission volt but don't think there is a huge difference specially once a crave is seasoned at all. Both will flip up and fly straaaaaaaight.

Ok, I'm still figuring out my fission but my max weight plasma volt is where it's at. Absolutely loving this thing. Anyone notice a measurable difference in flight with the plasmas at different weights? Maybe looking to pair a minimum weight plasma with my max.

So differences between a Crave and fission volt?

This was my main question too. I Like my crave (163g), but I carry a small bag and wanted something a little longer with 0 turn and more wind resistance. Just spent 30 min in a field with my new pair of fissions (also 163g). They are exactly what I hoped for. Only slight drawback is that I'm also seeing the reduction in grippiness that others reported, especially if your hands are dry, but it didn't really affect my throws. At my distance (was throwing them up to 300ish) the are basically more durable, more forgiving DX teebirds.

plasma has a bit of turn, right?

at max weight I wouldn't call it turn but more of a flip to flat like a seasoned volt and imagine it will develop more true turn with some use. So, sortaaaaa. the extra glide with slight dome and FW fade off the shelf is apparent though.