• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Well according to the official MVP thread its specs match pretty closely with the starfire-L, and the PD so were it seems like were looking at a straight stable disc that has some dependable fade towards the end.

MVP mids are too fast for my power, so I expect the volt will be nicely OS for me

Pretty close to StarFire-L and PD is a great start for first driver. I believe it should be able to power down much nicer which will make it more versatile.

MVP sure knows how to make a beautiful disc.

Does anyone have information on when their previous discs were announced compared to when they were released? Maybe we can get a better guess to when this is going to be available to purchase.

Does anyone have information on when their previous discs were announced compared to when they were released? Maybe we can get a better guess to when this is going to be available to purchase.

I'd guess a couple weeks before you see them on here or online stores.

That's hard to say. The vector was announced directly to resellers as was the Axis which was barely even mentioned before orders opened. The Anode was announced 2-3 weeks before it hit stores so I'd say expect to see this thing by August. MVP mentioned to me that they need to verify cycle counts on the new machine (whatever that means) so this one could take a little longer if there's a new production line being used apart from the normal one.

I was hoping for a slower disc like an eagle but this should be a good one to start with. Now that drivers are being made we can hope that we will get a few new molds a year.

Hopefully this is a new core then, cranking out more drivers will take less time if they use this core. Sweet!

They talked only about bright fluorescent colors in the neutron, I'm hoping there is a plain white too.

As far as the driver, it seems another I won't use because they can't seem to get any of their discs light enough for me. No mids less than 175, and the Volt only to 168. Guess the overmold won't allow for Japan or even Japan Open class.

Maybe they adhere to Blake's opinion that if you can't throw it at 168, you shouldn't be throwing it.

All that said, I wouldn't play without my 166 soft Anode. :D

When MVP got the Axis approved (Aprox. July 15) it was about 2 months till they were released for sale. It was about 3 months between approval and release for the Vector, but only 2 weeks after the Anode was approved that it was released.

I hope it ends up being like the latter.

Well, they are only a disc or two away from a legitimate line up. I love the look of the discs. Beautiful plastic (I just wish I actually liked to throw them)

i'm super excited to get my hands on this disc, i'm just really curious how mvp's gyro tech will translate to a driver.

If their diagram is a true representation, and going by the pdga specs a little, I expect that it'll be a straight control driver with moderate to heavy fade, but one that won't be hss in strong winds. My guess is that it'll be a bit meathooky for most dg'ers who don't have good form and strong snap to realize the benefits of gyro weighting. But until it gets into people's hands, it's anyone's guess as to how it'll fly.

If their diagram is a true representation, and going by the pdga specs a little, I expect that it'll be a straight control driver with moderate to heavy fade, but one that won't be hss in strong winds. My guess is that it'll be a bit meathooky for most dg'ers who don't have good form and strong snap to realize the benefits of gyro weighting. But until it gets into people's hands, it's anyone's guess as to how it'll fly.

This is going to be the biggest reason why(if) most people will dislike this disc at first. As with the Axis and Anode for driving, I'm sure there will be a big of a learning period at first with it.

hmmm maybe longer vector?

Maybe a flat vector, the ones that fly like KC Rocs, and hopefully not like my few that fly like Drones.