• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

here are some profile shots. the orange one is 169 pink is 175. its hard to tell but the orange 169 is a little flatter. I also have an orange 173 that is identical to the pink 175 in dome and plh.

I'll second the light-weight orange being flatter. Significantly so and with a lower PLH. (Comparing to a 175 dayglow.)

its strange its lighter and flatter and has more fade than my other volts. Gyro is wierd like that. I love the 169!!!

Yup! Hands down becoming my favorite driver. I get disappointed anytime I step up to a mid-range tee. And then I rationalize throwing it anyway. :p

Yup! Hands down becoming my favorite driver. I get disappointed anytime I step up to a mid-range tee. And then I rationalize throwing it anyway. :p

YEp, its easy to power down for midrange shots.. and still just as consistent with less effort. :hfive:

Too bad for the MVP haters out there who are missing out on the best disc to hit the market in years

I haven't go to throw mine yet...but got them in the mail yesterday. It feels great in the hand! Looking forward to giving it a sling!

YEp, its easy to power down for midrange shots.. and still just as consistent with less effort. :hfive:

Too bad for the MVP haters out there who are missing out on the best disc to hit the market in years

Not picking sides or anything, but honestly, all of the MVP homers have said that exact thing about every disc they have released, hard to take youguys seriously anymore

Not picking sides or anything, but honestly, all of the MVP homers have said that exact thing about every disc they have released, hard to take youguys seriously anymore

Thing is, you don't have to take us seriously. You don't even have to take our word for it. We're completely content throwing MVP's wonderful discs regardless of the hype or anti-hype.

But I think it's telling that the consistent response from those that throw MVP is largely positive. Sure there are built up expectations. Sure there are hardcore dedicatees who will not say a bad thing. But time will tell--and it has. Most of the guys who throw MVP and love them have also thrown a bunch of other discs. If MVP consistently wins out, there's a reason.

Also, I don't think anyone's saying these are magic discs that will make everyone's game better--and I'll be the first to say they are not "beginner-friendly" discs. So they are not universally incredibly. But in the context of those who are testing them and loving them, there's a good reason we're excited. :)

Last edited:

EVERY disc they have released has replaced a spot in my bag.

First the Ion replaced my Magnets, and Aviars
Then the Axis/Vector Replaced my Rocs
Finally the Volt is most likely going to replace my Eagle/River... i know thats a huge gap to fill, but i think the Volt can do it, i just need to test it more, i have only had it out for 9 holes so far... =] Time will tell, but so far its hard not to pick it up hole after hole after seeing how versatile it can be and the lines i can shape with it, from hyzer, to anhyzer, to straight as an arrow... its amazing.

I don't hype things for no reason. I use these discs in local tournaments and win consistently. I wouldn't being using these discs if they weren't better than what i was using before, or if i knew of something that was better for me.

Got my Volts today a 171 blank blue and a 174 stamped red. The blue powers down nice into a hyzer flip and powers up into a nice S shot seems like it glides for days. The red is hard to talk about because I only got 5 throws with it. Going out for a all MVP round after school with the Volt and Anode

Nice work...handling the troll posts with kindness and your MVP love instead of flaming. I like it.:thmbup:

After initially not being excited about the Volt (not a huge MVP fan in the first place), I'm actually really looking forward to the one I bought from the MP. Gonna take it out for a test round today. Can I expect this to fly a lot like my Orcs? Good Orcs are getting more and more expensive to replace/stockpile so I'm hoping for a replacement. Just for flight characteristics sake, I throw my Orcs between 400-450'. The Volt is a 175 white and pretty flat.

I'm surprised people are actually buying it.. It's cold now.. lol. I'm saving my money & will possible purchase in the spring.. I hate how they announced it in July.. Then it came out at the end of October.. lol. Bad release date for an outdoor sport, especially when you live in the midwest..

Jesus the anticipation is killing me. I wake up every day to a new message in my inbox from community about the exact specifics of the disc I want. Do you want it to be round? Do you want it with a stamp or with no stamp? I have two discs exactly like what you described you wanted, now, do you want one of them or should I just keep asking you questions? Do you like bacon? Do you want your volt to be made of plastic, or plastic? Just to be sure, you wanted one of them with an overmold right?

Beginning to think he failed to fill my pre-order and is just jerking me around until the next shipment comes in.

I'm surprised people are actually buying it.. It's cold now.. lol. I'm saving my money & will possible purchase in the spring.. I hate how they announced it in July.. Then it came out at the end of October.. lol. Bad release date for an outdoor sport, especially when you live in the midwest..

Tuck that vag away and put on a sweatshirt you whiny little...biiiiahhhh Unless you live somewhere where the snow gets above the height of the basket this is a year-round sport.

I'm in Wisconsin and there's still a good 2 weeks of disc golf left for me :) i will enjoy the Volt while i can.
I have waited too long to give up now.

Im excited to see what they come up with over the winter months, im sure a new disc is already lined up for next summer, cant wait.

I hope its another fairway driver, maybe more over-stable. MVP Charger!!! something like that..