• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

With comparisons of the Axis. What does the Axis do? Over stable or under?

The Axis is a laser straight, stable midrange. It can handle speed without turning over, and has a very slight fade at the end of its flight.

Okay I got a video of me throwing my volts (in HD you should be able to see the whole flight pattern). Order of throws: 168, 173, 173 (nose up, whoops), 175. The 168 is a little flippy at the first part of the flight and then fades hard the last 20%. The 173s can flip a little and then turn hard at the last 10% of the flight. The 175 is dead straight with about the last 20% hard fade. All are thrown with a little hyzer at ~400'+. I love this driver!

Are there any good profile pics that show how flat/domey these are?
I have seen a bunch but none really show that view very well.

Are there any good profile pics that show how flat/domey these are?
I have seen a bunch but none really show that view very well.
It's a diagram based on the original CAD file for the disc, not a photo, but I think it's extremely representative of what the molded discs look like.

Scroll down to the diagram of the disc here

i bought this disc and won adv dubs next day. i hate mvp, then they make this volt and its nothing but love.

It's a diagram based on the original CAD file for the disc, not a photo, but I think it's extremely representative of what the molded discs look like.

Scroll down to the diagram of the disc here

Thanks, I had just viewed that before I posted, good to know it's accurate.

Still kinda surprised that no profile pics have turned up w all the new Volts being thrown...and shown

He did the same for me.

This was the first time ordering stuff from him, but it won't be the last. He's earned my business.

Justin shipped mine on Friday, got them today. Boom :clap: :D :thmbup:

Thanks Justin, and whoever else was helping you.

I really don't like the longer axis comparison. It has similarities to the axis but the axis never turns for me like the volt does.

It holds lines line the axis but it also has turn. So I definitely would not say its a shot for shot speed 9 axis, but it does hold the same lines the axis does.

Hrrrahhh!! I can't wait to throw this! Pre-ordered from Community discs and the man is just too damn considerate. He wanted to know the weight range I would like and waited over the weekend for my response so hopefully they ship tomorrow.

I left the weight range out because I didn't care and figured it would be easier to get the color I wanted. I underestimated this mans determination to produce customer satisfaction, but right now it hurts so bad to see 126 pages of reviews with these virgin volt fingers.

I know man, serious first world problems. Serious.

All things considered big props to community! Seriously great effort on their/his/her/whoever contributes to their businesses part.

Last edited:
meh he sent me the 3rd color choice i asked for.. i regret pre ordering 100%

i asked for a max weight hot pink or yellow initially, then emailed him and asked for a black one. he said he would change my order and i get sent a 174 gram (NOT max weight) yellow one today. probably wont order discs online again

If you're upset with a 1 gram difference from your initial request in the color you ordered, you're right. You probably shouldn't order online again. From anywhere.

it was pretty easy for me to go buy a 175 gram in person on friday. dunno why its hard for a professional to stick one in my envelope. but of course im unjustified blah blah blah.

"Professional" disc shop owners do not have every weight in every color you imagine. You wish this sport was that big. So do I. Truth is they order ranges of weights/colors or just get what they are sent.

You got it to 260-270.

Then out to 325-350?

Was this because of the wind?

see post... it was only because of strong wind lol. My mechanics didnt improve that quick :D
eric40817 said:
Originally Posted by eric40817
Today I got the Volt out about 325-350. I live in western MA and we've got the start of a hurricane going on, winds are at about 50mph, should be about 80 by the time the brunt of it gets here. The tailwind is pretty damn strong. Lined up with the wind crossing from over my left shoulder, and exposed the bottom of the disc to the tailwind. The disc got hurled up in the air to about 50 feet and took about a 460-470 foot ride. First hurricane Ive ever thrown in and certainly not the last.

meh he sent me the 3rd color choice i asked for.. i regret pre ordering 100%

i asked for a max weight hot pink or yellow initially, then emailed him and asked for a black one. he said he would change my order and i get sent a 174 gram (NOT max weight) yellow one today. probably wont order discs online again
pre orders are a pain in the ass give the guy credit. was working his ass off mkaing sure everyone got taken care of. pre orders are messy.

pre orders are a pain in the ass give the guy credit. was working his ass off mkaing sure everyone got taken care of. pre orders are messy.

I got exactly what I wanted. That included four discs with a weight range of 168-170. He sent one 168, two 170, and one 172.

Then I ordered another 170 for my BIL.

Haven't had a chance to throw them at all yet because it's been so windy and rainy here. Everywhere I could go is bound to be mud.

see post... it was only because of strong wind lol. My mechanics didnt improve that quick :D

Yea i figured. But it's not impossible for someone to gain 50 feet or more in one day of working on mechanics. It would have been so sweet to see that Volt carry in hurricane wind.

Latest posts