• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

Is the pink one a pale bubblegum pink or darker "hot" pink

The hot pink were the most stable I tested at DN the last few weeks

It was the lighter pink. I almost went for the hot pink, but the bubble gum pink matches my Pure and my Buzzz. /shrug. I typed that up before going and playing another, even windier round. The White was really good in left to right wind, but I was throwing my Firebird at the headwinds. The pink flexed out of anhyzers pretty nicely to land flat, but it was a tournament practice round so I didn't do too much experimentation like the earlier round.. I did use them for distance where the wind allowed (tailwinds always get my beat Opto River) and I'm comfortable with adding them to my bag a few days before a competitive round.

Played my a full round at my home course today with my Volts. I just have to say WOW. Love 'em. They really are as responsive as others have made them out to be, and with the right release I threw some 300 foot lasers, slim to null fade at the end. On some of the longer holes I managed some strong 350-400 shots with a bit of S. 4 or 5 holes I came out with my best drives of the year (even with playing the course 3-5 rounds a week the full year).

Glad I purchased my Volts, and I can't wait to get out and throw them again.

Can't wait to try this disc!! Does anyone have the actual flight numbers for it yet. I have read that it has a 7 speed. How is the glide/turn/fade on it. Would love to know more about it.

Last edited:
My pastel pink Volt turns easier than my others, which has made it a favorite already. Then my yellow/green/dayglo Volt is the same weight but more stable, so it compliments it nicely. My 172 hot pink is pretty stable and glides better than the 175s...it's perhaps the most versatile of the litter. My blue 170 is actually my most stable and seems to hold the momentum of my throw for less time than the others...Though it goes the furthest with a full power rip in the open.

I still am carrying all 4 with me every time I play and I can't figure out which I want to keep in the bag.

Can't wait to try this disc!! Does anyone have the actual flight numbers for it yet. I have read that it has a 7 speed. How is the glide/turn/fade on it. Would love to know more about it.

Averaging out the four I've been throwing for the past 2 weeks I'd rate it 9/6/-1/2. It may seem less stable because it holds a turn so easily, but only one of mine actually turns more than -1. The speed is a solid 9...It's got a wing close to 2.0cm and a low profile, so 7 is a misrepresentation.

Just busted out the calipers, innova sw speed 9 was 1.95 and beast speed 10 was 2.05. So the volt being speed 7 does seem a little slow for that sized wing... But than again with their over molded wing, they may just run wide relative to speed?

Got my new volts today.... rain and work kept me from throwing them. I snagged a reddish/orange and a hot pink. Cannot wait to go play saturday on my original home course. I know that course blind folded and should be able to give these a decent run this weekend.

Untitled by MrGlass01, on Flickr
the pink is 174 (hot pink looks regular in the pic) 169 orangie.

By the way the reddish orange is stupid sexy.

Got my new volts today.... rain and work kept me from throwing them. I snagged a reddish/orange and a hot pink. Cannot wait to go play saturday on my original home course. I know that course blind folded and should be able to give these a decent run this weekend.

Untitled by MrGlass01, on Flickr
the pink is 174 (hot pink looks regular in the pic) 169 orangie.

By the way the reddish orange is stupid sexy.

I seriously think the reddish orange colored MVP discs are the best colored discs I've ever seen.

Just busted out the calipers, innova sw speed 9 was 1.95 and beast speed 10 was 2.05. So the volt being speed 7 does seem a little slow for that sized wing... But than again with their over molded wing, they may just run wide relative to speed?

The fact that the wing is overmolded doesn't change it's shape or size so I don't see what affect it could possibly have on the disc's speed. Let's just chalk this up to the person calling it a 7 making a poor judgement...There's really no argument here, it's just wrong(as wrong as a completely arbitrary number can be anyway).

Looks like the Volt broke Disc Nation's store.

Attachments

• DN.JPG
    DN.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 83