• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

I went out and threw my new 171g Neutron Volt today. I had a heck of a time even throwing it straight. It wanted to turn and anhyzer on every throw. *sigh*

I imagine once I figure out the correct level pane and power this will be an awesome disc. Until next time..

I put mine on a slight hyzer most of the time. The thing was molded for me.

I went out and threw my new 171g Neutron Volt today. I had a heck of a time even throwing it straight. It wanted to turn and anhyzer on every throw. *sigh*

I imagine once I figure out the correct level pane and power this will be an awesome disc. Until next time..

How far were you throwing it?

MVP teaches good throwing habits. I threw innova for a year, and couldn't throw good consistently. I was using flaw covering discs because that was all that was around except for one friend who bought an axis online. When I switched to MVP it was horrendous how terrible my throwing and form was but I worked through it, and now I can throw most manufacturer's disc great and as marketed but MVP is the brand that did it for me. I could've gotten the same training from throwing a comet but didn't. I think that is why I like using predominately MVP plastic. If sticking with something because it's the first disc company that forced me to throw well, and as a result become better, but is hated because it's trendy. That just sounds retarded, even for the internets standards. Wow you were an upstart that became successful, WE HATE YOU! Lolz

Last edited:
This leads to my next point, the volt was the disc that get's the most love and hate, because it was the first MVP driver. It was neutral and flew as such. I can't get it to turn at 400' but hey, perfect consistency is not a human trait. People throw differently and plastic gets ****ed up. Its just disc golf

I'm getting a Neutron volt tomorrow and I really want a Hot Pink one and different online stores have that color in 167 and 173 and I'm not sure which to get. All my other drivers are 169-170. Saint, Avenger, D4 and I can control and chuck them 300 feet or so on the course. I've got a 176 Axis and likes to drift to the right a lot but I know that's my form as when I throw it flat without rolling my wrist it goes dead straight. I also don't throw the Axis that far, usually 225-275. I don't know if a 167 Volt driver would be better or worse. Better for distance but worse for stability. I worry that in a driver 173 would be a tad heavy for me as all my other drivers are lighter. But I know a lot of people complain about flipping some MVP stuff but I also know that's usually bad form.

I know I'm talking in circles. I'm just trying to decide what to get. Opinions?

167, you can focus more on form than worrying about weight to get the desired snap to get it to fly. I use a 168g volt that hyzer flips and goes dead straight for days. Trust me, get the 167

BFowler, Fletch(The Axis) was shipped this morning! You should be receiving him this upcoming week.

BFowler, Fletch(The Axis) was shipped this morning! You should be receiving him this upcoming week.

You know I'll take good care of him and now I'll have to forever call him Fletch. The Orange 176 doesn't have a name unless you count, "Damn it, go straight!".

But then again on the course today he was behaving very well. Had a couple of laser beams with him. One over a small valley and he loves getting some air under him. A few feet higher and I'd have my second ace with an Axis. He only let me down one time but it was a tight as hell 200 foot fairway and he drifted right but only by 5 feet or so but the fairway was so tight that was enough to send him into a tree 10 feet before the hole.

Had to throw the Anode 5 feet deep in the wood on a tight anhyzer and damn if it didn't bounce off the front of the rim. Arrrgggg....so close!

I decided to give MVP another try and got a neutron volt, after not liking the neutron ion because I couldn't grip it. This volt is going in the bag! Had a number of my best drives on the course. The volt just goes where I tell it. :thmbup:

I decided to give MVP another try and got a neutron volt, after not liking the neutron ion because I couldn't grip it. This volt is going in the bag! Had a number of my best drives on the course. The volt just goes where I tell it. :thmbup:

Another convert! welcome to the brotherhood lol

I've recently done the same, it is the epitome of a control driver. In low winds, knowing release angles, it might be the only disc you need thats faster than a buzzz.

I shaved 4 strokes off my course record today at Bradford using my new Volt on a lot of holes. I can already see that after I throw this for a few weeks and get it dialed in it's going to be a go to disc.

Really throws great with a little bit of hyzer.

The N Volt became my go-to driver pretty fast. I still reach for it the most often but P Volt is knocking on the door.

I got 2 new N volts and pumped one out to 400' the other day on a flat release without it turning. I've been so stuck on the Amp lately that I forgot how good the volt is. The P volt is just that much better.