• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

MmmHmm. Luckily the crave can pretty much fill the same slot too being that volt was thrashed up and seasoned nice so it makes for no need to carry 3-4 volts at different stages of wear.

Proton and Neutron fly differently for me. I have different weights for my Proton and Eclipse and they fly the same.

I finally got to throw my Volt (and Tangent) some this past weekend.

I think the Volt is a really good compliment to my beat-in GL Saint, which is fairly understable at this point. Two of my best 3 shots of the day were with the Volt, which is pretty great considering it's a new disc to me.

Overall, I was throwing pretty terribly when I last played, as I was really struggling with my release point. Right when I was getting frustrated, I let loose a perfect drive on a very slight anhyzer (or the disc may have turned over just so upon release). The Volt held it for a couple hundred feet before leveling off and ultimately fading out around 350'. I parked it right beside the basket for birdie. I went from being frustrated to being very happy in a few seconds because that's really what I play for... those great shots where everything feels right and the disc flies just the way you want it to.

Sub 170 g volt

Yesterday I found an anomaly at my LDS. A pink neutron volt scaled at 167.9. It flies light a beat volt right out of the box and is a sick hyzer flip disc.... I feel lucky to find it...

Or am an idiot and now they make them lighter?

Looking at all of the online retailers I can only find 170 and higher. Is it hard to find under 170 or are they just popular?

Looking at all of the online retailers I can only find 170 and higher. Is it hard to find under 170 or are they just popular?
Volts, Amps, & Shocks don't exist in that weight anymore. A while back MVP made a change to their process which yields a higher quality and lower defect rate. The side effect was a higher minimum weight. They did update the weight ranges on their site.

I am NOT trying to self promote but a good example is that I just ordered 10 or 12 Volts at the absolute min weights MVP had in stock. They arrived today. All were 171 & 1 was 170g.

I am NOT trying to self promote but a good example is that I just ordered 10 or 12 Volts at the absolute min weights MVP had in stock. They arrived today. All were 171 & 1 was 170g.

Well, that sucks. My favorite disc in my bag is a 167 hot pink Volt. But then again MVP discs seem to throw very similar in low or high weights.

I've got a 174 Proton that's easier to throw and goes farther than a 170 Proton Eclipse I have.

With all the new MVP releases... The volt still is #1 in my bag'

Such a fun and consistent disc to throw that gets better with age lol.

yeah that's why you wont find them so light anymore. I had one at 167g? I think which was much more amp-esq than a current run volt.

A little off topic but don't want to create a new thread - could I hypothetically replace my volt with a lat 64 Vision? Love my volt but need to replace it with trilogy plastic.

Maybe a Saint or a striker then? Purely going off flight chart numbers here, no idea how they actually fly. The vision looks good for big annys but you're right not a direct replacement for the volt.

I have only thrown 1 volt. It was stiff plastic and was firebird overstable. Must have got an off one or something bc I know they aren't supposed to fly like that. :confused:

Latest posts