• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My disc bag has approached the cost of my golf bag.

If a disc exists it can be thrown FH. You just have to have an understanding of how the discs needs to be thrown. Torque monkeys who need really overstable discs to throw FH would benefit from working on smoother finesse throws. I have yet to find a disc I can't flick. There are plenty I wouldn't throw if I needed to trust the flight, but if it exists it can be flicked.

You can't flick a Blowfly 200 feet.

This is a no brainer. I pay you are richer.

I don't pay, I'm a fool. I'm everything you said.

It's all you now.

Believe it or not there are a lot of players who use 10 year old clubs and can shoot mid 60's. I've played with them. Spending a ton on clubs isn't going to make up for LOFT and those with it will destroy those with a garage sale set. Just get close on on shaft and lie angles and they're good.

shoot 60's? LOL.

I'd agree that the clubs don't make the player, but I know bolfers. They spend money.

And 60's? If you said 70's it might be worth considering. If you are truly a scratch golfer or better, you are pretty special. You didn't get there on a $500 set of clubs.

Sounds very unlikely.

Used $400-500? Which is it? It's a single purchase.

You break PAR on occasion? So you are a scratch/near scratch golfer? Play at a local pro level with garage sale clubs?

No golfer I've ever met doesn't go down the road of buying clubs, getting them fit and proper shafts for club speed. Certainly nobody that breaks PAR on occasion.

And if you've spent $1200 on disc equipment in 2-1/2 yrs but only $500 on ball golf, it's inconsistent. You don't go cheap on an expensive sport and expensive on a cheap sport.

Imagine that...bolfer hasn't bothered to reply.

Grip bag $240
jawbreak roach x 4 $14
z force x 3 $20
z nuke os $20
hades x 3 $20
big z zeus $25
esp zeus $20
z undertaker x 2 $20
z vulture $20
z mantis x 2 $20
esp passion $25
z drone x 2 $20
z flx zone LSIO $25
Crystal flx buzz LSIO $25
z sol x 2 $20
esp malta x 2 $25

$786 roughly give or take.

My disc golf bag is way more valuable than my golf bag. Because I only have 1 club to putz around with and no actual bag.

I will say that my hockey gear is quickly approaching the value of my disc golf bag and discs though (if it hasn't already exceeded already)

Either way I'm pretty lucky that I'm in a position to have 2 hobbies like that.

Last edited:
I could replicate my everyday bag for under $250.

If I could find the discs of course.

I had to reassess this. I can replicate my everyday bag for under $175.

A $35 Innova Standard bag with 9 discs averaging $14. My mountain bag would be more though.

I love that DG can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be. If you really want a wallet draining hobby, start messing around with RC trucks.

My disc golf bag isn't even worth one of my putters… and I throw se/old pro Reynosa, 9/11x roc's, 11x Teebirds, sexton firebirds, etc.

LOL This guy cannot resist responding to any post, absolutely hilarious. 17 minutes after the thread is started this guy is already chiming in, just sitting there waiting to unleash his $.01 at the next opportunity. When you're averaging more than 1000 posts a year for more than a decade, time to find something else to do than continually pollute the waters with the same old opinions and why you shouldn't be doing something...

Someone go through all the threads so far this year and see how many this guy has not chimed in on, I bet it's less than 10%. Prove me wrong!

It's as expensive as you want it to be. If people want to throw limited run and/or OOP plastic, the game gets more costly.

But with all the stuff out there, there's no reason to spend a bunch on a given disc, other than you like it, which is perfectly fine. But someone has a stock disc that flies similarly enough.

LOL This guy cannot resist responding to any post, absolutely hilarious. 17 minutes after the thread is started this guy is already chiming in, just sitting there waiting to unleash his $.01 at the next opportunity. When you're averaging more than 1000 posts a year for more than a decade, time to find something else to do than continually pollute the waters with the same old opinions and why you shouldn't be doing something...

Someone go through all the threads so far this year and see how many this guy has not chimed in on, I bet it's less than 10%. Prove me wrong!

I almost feel like revising this to

If you insist on owning hard to find molds, runs, plastics, etc, that's on you. Not the game.

"I almost feel like revising this"... Almost?? LOLOLOL This guy literally cannot resist spewing his my view is the only view mindset. Oh no, someone paid a little more for a non stock stamp or something that is in high demand. Let's crucify them on discgolfcoursereview!!!!!

There's nothing wrong with liking series/dig discs, and supporting your favorite players, or getting into special runs, or other limited stuff, or building a bag exclusively of this or that brand.

But there are enough stock stamps, of enough molds, from enough different manufacturers... to build a solid bag (or three), without paying excessive $$$.

Like so much else in this wonderful country of ours, the choice is yours. But you don't have to pay that much to create a solid, and well rounded bag. Choosing to go with hard to replace plastic, is above all else, a choice.

LMAO And yet another post from the old whiner about the cost of discs and people wanting to spend money on something other that what he feels is sufficient. "excessive $$$" is relative to the individual, try something new in life, open your mind.