• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My version of the Grip Eq bag

Also, If you google something like "cabela's coupon" or "Cabelas promo" it should be pretty easy to find a code for 2 dollar shipping.

Interesting looking bag for sure - Any further feedback from big folks as to how this fits? I have pretty broad shoulders, and taking a too-small bag off and on all the time would be a huuuuge PITA.

Any chance there's room for a Camelback bladder in this badboy?

I'm 6'2" tall and weight 220, the bag fits me just fine. I loosen the straps when I am playing, and shorten them for my bike commute. I picked this bag so I would be able to carry spare bike tubes etc., and a bike pump fits in the rod holder. If you zipper the internal divider a water bladder could easily fit in the top compartment. I built the internal frame all the way to the top of the bag, so now I have a 3" x 11.5" seat in my bag. Setting the bag down and having a seat to sit on is great.

Somebody asked me a question about the pvc frame I had built for my bag so I figured I would post a pic up here if anybody else wanted to see it. It is made from 1/2" pvc and cost about $10 all together. The dimensions are 9-3/4" tall, 13-1/2" wide, and 6-1/2" deep. This is probably about the largest the frame can be made too because it is a rather snug fit and takes a few minutes to try and zip the flap that separates the two compartments (I have to take one end off and put it in through the top to get it in the bag). It holds the discs nicely and I can actually walk around with the back flap completely open and the discs won't fall out as long as I am not to rough with it.

attachment.php

I had a question about the dimensions. Are those dimensions of the frame after its complete or the length of the pvc before connecting. I am bad at building things so any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Keep in mind that the height is subjective. I made mine a little shorter so that I would not have as much trouble working the zipper. Others made theirs much taller so that the frame extends into the upper compartment (like Conch's built in seat).

I made my frame to fit the disc compartment fairly snug. The back & bottom are secured with pvc glue.The top side and front up sections are not glued so I can remove the frame without stressing the zipper.

DGBackpack2.jpg

I made the frame to make the bag rigid. The discs won't fall out because if there is anything in the top section the bottom will sag down just enough to hold them in place.

Here is the bag with seat.

Attachments

• bag3.jpg
    bag3.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 307
  • bag4.jpg
    bag4.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 348
  • bag2.jpg
    bag2.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 395
wow conch that is awesome!! my version of the simian right there!! care to share what the frame you constructed looks like?

I got mine in the mail yesterday and I think the Mojo might be on it's way out the door. AWESOME bag with a lot (as seen here) of potential. Can't wait to put it through the paces...

Awesome seat idea! Can we get the frame dimensions? I saw these bags are on sale and had to jump on it! Also are you using schedule 80 pipe for the frame for added support? I really really can't wait to get mine! One more thing, do you guys think its worth it to plasti dip it or is the bottom going to last forever?

Man, I want to pick one of these up soooooo badly, but I am only carrying 7 discs right now. Maybe when I disc back up...This will make a nice golf bag/diaper bag for when I bring my 1-year-old out with me.

I bought one of these recently as well... I love it! I have a pvc frame in mine and as others have mentioned, was worried about my discs falling out. So far this hasn't been an issue. I need to put a zipper stop such as a safety-pin in, but stuff doesn't fall out unless the bag is completely tipped. Definitely worth the money.

I bought one of these recently as well... I love it! I have a pvc frame in mine and as others have mentioned, was worried about my discs falling out. So far this hasn't been an issue. I need to put a zipper stop such as a safety-pin in, but stuff doesn't fall out unless the bag is completely tipped. Definitely worth the money.

Did the make the seat type frame or just the disc holder frame? Did you pvc cement them together or just "let em buck"? I need to find a nice cushion that can sit on top the frame I plan on making now...hmmm what to do

What modifications have you guys made to the drink holder? It is really the only thing I don't like about the bag. While I'm sure the lining helps insulate the drink, it is pretty annoying. I'm thinking about cutting it out. What have you guys done, or has it been a non-issue?

These are some mods I did. Nothing special but they work for me. I was also curious about the drink holder, that thing stinks.

I decided to go with a slightly modified internal frame. So far this holds it up just as well but doesn't make it as bulky and I can fit more discs in the bottom part. Theres 18 in the bottom section now, I could fit 2 more drivers or a mid/putter.

http://imgur.com/LF44K

I put a small hole right above the sunglass holder and put a piece of paracord through and attached it to the bunge cord above the putter pocket. It holds my putters in tighter and there's no chance of them falling out if I lean over, or if the bag falls down.

http://imgur.com/yiOrv

This is my complete set up. It's exceded expectations so far.

http://imgur.com/vhA5H

I had a question about the dimensions. Are those dimensions of the frame after its complete or the length of the pvc before connecting. I am bad at building things so any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

So glad I found this thread. I really liked the concept of the Grip EQ, but the price is ridiculous. Got this bad boy on sale and I'm very pleased.

As for the questions on dimensions..

The original dimensions of 9 3/4th tall, 13 1/2 wide, 6 1/2 deep are accurate. However that's the size of the piping after the connectors are added. I found that the connectors add an inch on each end.

Therefore I cut my height to.. I think it was 7 inches, because it's SUPER tight even at that. Experiment, Try 7 1/2 and see what you think, I almost ripped my bag jamming it in there, you can always cut some off.. 11 1/2 wide, and 4 1/2 deep.

The bottom holds around 18 discs, I'd actually like to carry 14.. So I'm thinking of something to put on each side to help keep the discs upright. Any ideas?

I added Gaphers tape to the bottom pipes to help hold them in place. I also layed a few strips in the front to close the gap a little so they really stay in there. I held the bag upside down with the flap completely open and nothing fell out.

bag1.jpg

bag2.jpg

bag3.jpg

Only complaint is the cup holder is pretty meh, I carry 32 oz gatorades usually and that thing just isn't going to work. I recommend this bag to anyone with 10+ discs.

The bottom holds around 18 discs, I'd actually like to carry 14.. So I'm thinking of something to put on each side to help keep the discs upright. Any ideas?

I took 1 1/2 inch foam and cut it to fit inside the side frames and spray painted it black. It works very well for keeping the discs from sliding around.

Latest posts