• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My version of the Grip Eq bag

Well,

The results are in: 1st round with the XPG Deluxe edition on a semi-hilly course with snow on the ground....

I was very pleased with the bag's durability in the snow (the interior kept dry) and stability on the gradients (no yard sales). It will be better when I put in the frame, just to keep the discs from shifting after having removed a few, and hopefully will be easier to remove and replace discs (this is where I'm undecided, based on the photos in this thread, if the other bag would be better as it was a little tricky putting discs back in). The eyeglass compartment was a nuisance when trying to access the lower compartment. That's gotta go. Other than that, all around I was quite happy. I was carrying many more discs, than I would normally and the bag felt a bit bottom heavy but I'll probably just distribute some of the weight to the top compartment. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. I hope this was helpful.

I've got one of these bags in transit. I hope it gets here so I can use it this weekend! My current bag is full with 14 discs. It's a PAIN getting them in and out durring a round. I've been wanting a backpack style but didn't want to pay the outrageous prices. This seems like a perfect alternative.

2nd round results with the XPG Deluxe (X-treme)....

For the 2nd round I emptied my bag a bit and parsed it down to 15 discs in the lower compartment, a putter in the "putter pouch" and a couple of spares in the upper side compartment. That seemed the perfect weight, with a steel 20 oz water bottle as well. I did not feel any back issues nor did the bag feel like it was pulling me down. Also, it was easier accessing the discs from the lower pocket, as it was not as crowded. I'd still like to get a frame in there and would really appreciate some dimensions from someone else who has this model (hint hint YGL).

Cheers.

Yeah that new bag looks awesome. I think I will get one for fishing, see how it goes then maybe another for some discs. Can't wait to see some mods on this one.

Looks like Cabela's has added their new bag:

Advanced Anglers Pack

Looks pretty slick, and I can see some potential for it.
^ Personally, I think they missed the mark on this one. The way the two large comaprtments open up, seems like it would work better for fishing than it would for disc golf. :p

^ Personally, I think they missed the mark on this one. The way the two large comaprtments open up, seems like it would work better for fishing than it would for disc golf. :p

Also, there are only 3 boxes in the bottom, unlike the one with 4 - so it may not be tall enough to hold discs vertically in the bottom section (the whole green bag vs blue bag - the reason for this thread).

I had an idea for cheap dividers for the cage, I just took a couple heavy duty rubber bands (about an inch thick http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Crepe-Rubber-Bands-Heavy-Duty/dp/B001ECL6Z6 ) that I had laying around and strung them from the top rear to the lower bottom of the cage. Worked great. No loss of space either.

While I was at it, I discovered that the cloth between the upper and lower portion of the bag zips out. Nice. That makes taking the cage in and out much easier.

so now that the cabelas is kind of out of the picture and im sort of on a budget anyone have any other ideas for some bags ive been looking but i cant really find anything that interesting

Found one of these AT the store today. They had three sitting there, $69.99. Not a bad deal! Thanks for the info!

Found one of these AT the store today. They had three sitting there, $69.99. Not a bad deal! Thanks for the info!

Out of curiosity, which store? And I assume you're talking about the old green version and not the new one.

Sorry, thought I posted that. The store in La Vista Nebraska (Omaha). And yes the old green version. Have yet to modify it as of yet but have great ideas from here.

It went on sale today and I bought one (guess they had old stock). It was 63 total but I cant wait!

Sure enough, they're back online and on sale! Picked one up just now.

Yesterday I paid full price + shipping to have one shipped from the Indiana to Texas, and then today they put them back online. Uhg. :mad:

Looks like I'll be returning the full price one and keeping the sale price one!

Just picked one up too. Couldn't budget 200, so hopefully this works out.