• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NC

Naw, I don't have room for 18 Cobras. Just got my stash down to where it fits in 2 bags and a big workbench drawer. Bought a bunch of new stuff in the last few days with my newly nourished paypal account, so your Cobras are safe.

Innova made Glo Cobras?
Hmmmm..... Never knew that.
How does a Cobra fly?
Is it comparable to the Comet?

I'm carrying a beat 180 DX Cobra and from my exp - it's like Roc with less fade. That said, it's more beaten in now and starting to turnover more. It's making it's way out of the bag soon.

Played Pine Cone Crush today and the parts of Hillcrest Park that are still in. What is the plan for holes 4-9 at Hillcrest?

Pine Cone Crush was ok, I'd probably give it a 2.5 right now but am not going to review it until it gets beat in. Some of the holes need some small trees taken out and some of the holes just are not that good but I understand there were restrictions on what land they could use. I don't know how some of the holes were measured for distance but they are off, like whatever hole it was that was like 380' or whatever was not anywhere near that distance.

Does anyone know if tee pads are going in? The soft sandy ground makes for some really bad tee pads and some of them are really not level.

And on a total bragging note, I birdied every hole at Hillcrest except for 2 and 13 (did not play 4-9)

Played Pine Cone Crush today and the parts of Hillcrest Park that are still in. What is the plan for holes 4-9 at Hillcrest?

Pine Cone Crush was ok, I'd probably give it a 2.5 right now but am not going to review it until it gets beat in. Some of the holes need some small trees taken out and some of the holes just are not that good but I understand there were restrictions on what land they could use. I don't know how some of the holes were measured for distance but they are off, like whatever hole it was that was like 380' or whatever was not anywhere near that distance.

Does anyone know if tee pads are going in? The soft sandy ground makes for some really bad tee pads and some of them are really not level.

And on a total bragging note, I birdied every hole at Hillcrest except for 2 and 13 (did not play 4-9)

frank i always go at least 18 under when i play hillcrest....whats wrong with you....? you ever play holes 4-9....? it was dense trees through that area.....you could probably shape shots through but i use to chop at some trees.....

Yeah I've played 4-9 before. Does anyone know how they are gonna redesign those holes after they are done with the construction?

i have not heard a answer for that......i think 360chickinwing or whatever his name is and slingmoore were involved ..............but the baseball world series is in 2011 summer i would guess.....

Played Kinston and Goldsboro courses today. They were both pretty good except for holes 13-15 at the Goldsboro course, they seem to be under construction/re-design still and were not very good.

Holes 4-9 at Hillcrest will be redesigned in the spring and placed roughly where they were before. They will be mostly wide open with length added. There is not a lot to work with, but we'll be as creative as possible with those holes.

If anyone is interested in playing a round (or more), I am likely going to hit Buckhorn, Higher Ground (with permission) and possibly roll out to Campbell Univ DGC or OT Sloan on Monday.

Played Kinston and Goldsboro courses today. They were both pretty good except for holes 13-15 at the Goldsboro course, they seem to be under construction/re-design still and were not very good.
Kinston is pretty underrated, I've always enjoyed it. It's also like 15 minutes away from New Bern which is great too, but after that it's a long road home.
Holes 4-9 at Hillcrest will be redesigned in the spring and placed roughly where they were before. They will be mostly wide open with length added. There is not a lot to work with, but we'll be as creative as possible with those holes.
That's cool, hope you guys work it all out. I'll make it down there again eventually.
If anyone is interested in playing a round (or more), I am likely going to hit Buckhorn, Higher Ground (with permission) and possibly roll out to Campbell Univ DGC or OT Sloan on Monday.
If you head down to OT Sloan, hit up Fins, Furs, and Feathers for some great disc selection in Sanford if you didn't already know. I'd meet up with you but my foot is still broken. :(

If you head down to OT Sloan, hit up Fins, Furs, and Feathers for some great disc selection in Sanford if you didn't already know. I'd meet up with you but my foot is still broken. :(

I've heard about Fins, Furs and Feathers - thanks for the recommend. Sorry about Broken Footsville. When you are better, give me a shout - would enjoy a round down there. It's in the 60s in December, so need to take advantage of this "thaw".

Mike

Well that sucks that you guys aren't getting a lot to work with but what are you gonna do, gotta make the best of what you got.

@aggreen: if you go down to fins, furs and feathers and want the good stuff, ask Chuck to see the CFR stuff in the back.

I'm thinking of placing a basket and/or a tee pad in the edge of the woods around the "parking lot" for a couple of the holes at Hillcrest to avoid them being completely wide open. If anyone has some layout ideas, shout 'em out.

@aggreen: if you go down to fins, furs and feathers and want the good stuff, ask Chuck to see the CFR stuff in the back.

Thanks for the tip - probably won't hit it Monday, but will make the trek soon and ask for Chuck when there.

Question on hole 4 @ UNC - just played the blues and noticed that the distance in the site 408' (par 3) - that can't be right. Isn't it more like 650+ (par 4)?

@Frank - I lied. We did actually head to Sloan, but didn't have the opp to make it to Fins, Furs and Feathers - since we had another round planned right after. Funny thing though, we talked with a local and his last comment was "you need to visit Fins, Feathers and Furs and ask for Chuck". His reputation precedes him. Thanks for the tip. We'll be back down there.

Question on hole 4 @ UNC - just played the blues and noticed that the distance in the site 408' (par 3) - that can't be right. Isn't it more like 650+ (par 4)?

There is a short pad (408') and a long pad that is whatever the longs are.

The longs is located back and to the left of the short pads on the left side of the pond you throw over on hole 3 (left assuming you are facing the pin for hole 4).

There is a short pad (408') and a long pad that is whatever the longs are.

The longs is located back and to the left of the short pads on the left side of the pond you throw over on hole 3 (left assuming you are facing the pin for hole 4).

Yes, I played #4 long - just the course information on this site seems incorrect, since the long isn't 408'. If I get the chance later, I'll just google earth it to see the true distance.

Latest posts