• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Need a BH Understable Disc

hendersondayton

Eagle Member
I need a disc that will give me an easy S curve when thrown RHBH. To give you an idea, I can only throw my BLIZZARD Katana 320'.

If I take my slightly worn Star Wraith (167g) and give it a little anny, throw it hard, I can usually get it to do a slight (very slight S curve. I want to find a disc for my own power curve that will do a more of an S Curve when thrown the same as my Wraith. I don't want to have to overpower the disc to get it to S Curve.

Any suggestions of something similar to a Star Wraith (167), thrown with the same power and angle but will give me a little more Turn before it fades?

I have a STAR Leopard the same weight (167). May work eh?

If you go to Innova's website, start with a Wraith, and then click MORE TURN...Archon is the next disc up in turn.

I also had a sidewinder suggested to me. I am going to try the leopard too. I have two of those but they are heavy and I was told to lower my weight range for my power range.

I'm also gonna recommend a leopard. The sidewinder is also a fantastic disc but at 320' you probably won't get what you're looking for from it. An mvp amp would also be a good choice.

Just as an FYI - I was told by a local DG store owner not to worry about lowering the SPEED of the disc as much as getting those discs in lower weights. Whether that is good or bad advice I don't know. I listened. I bought a bunch of drivers in Blizzard plastic (under 160g)...they work well for me. As a matter of fact, I just tossed a 157g Blizzard Wraith FH 390' with a 20mph tail wind. BH is not as good for me.

I have two Star Leopards...165 and 176. I will try them both out.

Last edited:
Just as an FYI - I was told by a local DG store owner not to worry about lowering the SPEED of the disc as much as getting those discs in lower weights. Whether that is good or bad advice I don't know. I listened. I bought a bunch of drivers in Blizzard plastic (under 160g)...they work well for me. As a matter of fact, I just tossed a 157g Blizzard Wraith FH 390' with a 20mph tail wind. BH is not as good for me.

FH is one thing, you asked specificially about BH turnover and gave the information of "maxing out at 320'." Listen to who you want, but have those blizzard drivers worked for your BH?

FH is one thing, you asked specificially about BH turnover and gave the information of "maxing out at 320'." Listen to who you want, but have those blizzard drivers worked for your BH?

Good Point. They are easier for me to throw, feel better and better control, but so far, they are no gaining me much in distance over the heavier star discs.

They do seem to perform better for me with less effort though. My Star discs I had to throw really hard to get out to 320'...this would give erratic results in accuracy.

A lighter disc will help you get it up to speed, for sure. Come to the dark side and just try a slower driver (considerably slower) for a week or two and see if you notice any difference when you go back to your warp speeders.

I've always gotten the worst disc advice from people trying to sell me discs.

I would suggest a Westside Underworld. I picked one up recently and it has become one of my favorite drivers. ESP Cyclone is a good choice too.

I think the lower the speed the more controllable the disc. Sometimes control is way more important on a course than the extra 20-50 feet of distance you get if you disc up.

A Beast in mediun weight ~170 or so will give you that predictible S curve. I have a glow DX I can trust to fade after its turn. I have a beat star that does the same at ~175g.

A lighter disc will help you get it up to speed, for sure. Come to the dark side and just try a slower driver (considerably slower) for a week or two and see if you notice any difference when you go back to your warp speeders.

Slower and Lighter? Perhaps a 160 or so Leopard?