• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Nemesis

Legacy has a new plastic.

"Legacy Honey Bee Pinnacle plastic has a tacky feel with and is the most durable of all the Legacy plastic blends. The Honey Bee mix is more overstable than that of the Icon and has a huge glide for adding distance."

Honey Bee feels very much like Icon to me. Good grip for a premium plastic, and soft enough that the flight plate yields under the thumb. It is a beautiful translucent plastic, sun rays from the center of the disk. I purchased 3 in different colors, and the colors are bright and rich. The Honey Bee plastic does seem to get light surface scratches easily, or perhaps they are just more noticeable due to the saturated translucent colors.

I first purchased a Nemesis in Pinnacle and it was a very understable disc. Easily a -4 turn with at best a 1 fade. Next came an Icon, which is still in my bag, and brand new it was much more stable but has beat in nicely to flight numbers of 10/6/-3/1.5. The new Honey Bee Nemesis has a higher parting line than the my Icon, and has more high and low speed stability, 10/6/-2/2. On a 325' throw it really has a beautiful flight; hyzer to flat with a late but reliable fade.

Hmm interesting, I wonder how it compares to the glows. I am still throwing mine regularly since I posted a year ago. Nemesis and Comet are the two discs that most often get a "what disc was that?" question when I throw them well. Nemesis is a fun disc.

I haven't tried a Glow version yet so I can't provide a comparison.
Reliably understable discs are wonderful and rarely appreciated. The Comet is one of the few that seems to get respect from a large number of people.

I'm thinking about trying out the "massively understable fast disc" thing again. I used to throw the Vanish in this role, but didn't find enough separation from my Hatchet to make bagging both worthwhile. So I dropped the Vanish. Well fast forward to current bag composition, and my flippiest Pipeline is stealing lots of Hatchet shots. So now I am intrigued by bumping up to a faster disc to provide more differentiation from my Pipelines.

How does the Nemesis feel in the hand? Does it feel like a Speed 10 disc? Asking because I tend to release wide-rimmed (12+) discs poorly, so I really am looking for a true 10 or 10/11 tweener.

The Nemesis has your standard 10 speed rim width, 2.0, and is noticeably smaller than a 12 speed disc. I've thrown Furys and Hatchets in the past, but they've been hard to purchase so I've switched to the Nemesis and have no regrets.

The Nemesis has your standard 10 speed rim width, 2.0, and is noticeably smaller than a 12 speed disc. I've thrown Furys and Hatchets in the past, but they've been hard to purchase so I've switched to the Nemesis and have no regrets.

How would you compare it to the Hatchet? Noticeably wider rim and faster? Similar stability? Do you get much distance separation between a Nemesis and Hatchet?

The rim is subtly wider. I can't say that one seemed faster or longer than the other. Their speed was what you would expect from a 9 or 10, and I know that I can't discern that subtle of a difference.

The stability is a real question mark. I've thrown 4 Nemesis in 3 different plastics, and they we're all understable but different from one another. How would any of them have behaved relative to a Hatchet? VIP or Tournament, new or used? Too many variables.

I'm sorry I can't provide you with more definitive answers. The differences between them are negligible for me, and I would happily sustitute one for the other knowing that I would likely have to adjust to the new disc, but as with all things YMMV.

The rim is subtly wider. I can't say that one seemed faster or longer than the other. Their speed was what you would expect from a 9 or 10, and I know that I can't discern that subtle of a difference.

The stability is a real question mark. I've thrown 4 Nemesis in 3 different plastics, and they we're all understable but different from one another. How would any of them have behaved relative to a Hatchet? VIP or Tournament, new or used? Too many variables.

I'm sorry I can't provide you with more definitive answers. The differences between them are negligible for me, and I would happily sustitute one for the other knowing that I would likely have to adjust to the new disc, but as with all things YMMV.

Thanks for the input. If the difference is negligible, then it sounds like this is not the droid I'm looking for.

Latest posts