• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Nemesis

In my player pack at AM Worlds I received a Nemesis but it's not sparkle and has an IC written were I've seen SP on other discs. I assume this is an Icon version with just no sparkle?

So, after a tournament I played recently, I told somebody I was looking for a disc that would hold an anny line and I ended up with the "sparkle" Legacy Nemesis. Now, I am a strictly RHBH thrower, and every time I use the Nemesis, it turns over far to the right, even on an anny line and even with an early release. It has even turned over into cut rollers too often, so I have tried to make a roller work on some of the open holes my home course offers with little success.

Let me get to the point: Am I just releasing the disc in the wrong spot on my run-up or do I need to switch to something less understable for an anny line that will turn back? Also, should I change the roller for another disc or do I just need to release the Nemesis a little earlier?

From what I've read, this is probably more of a hyzerflip disc that will track right and then fade a tiny bit...starting it on an anny will lead to the results you're getting.

Maybe a legend bandit or mongoose will be better for the shot you are looking for

Nemesis is designed for AMs, people with noodle arms to get more distance. You need something more overstable to begin with for sure!

If you want a disc that holds an anny line look into a patriot, phenom, or something that holds a line more neutral to begin with.

Certain Bandits would work too but i have some bandits that are too flippy.

finally got my hands on an Icon Nemesis via my Secret Santa .. FWIW its 168g Pink Icon .. Was a bit windy both head/tail so was a bit hard to judge but its def flippy and i have a noodle arm but was getting some really nice long hyzeflip bombs and for what i was hoping to use it for i think it could work nicely (something for long open max d) .. look forward to getting it out on the course this weekend.. has anywhere heard how Icon compares to the other plastics in stability?

I have a legend nemesis and it's way more stable than my icon bandit. Flies like a broken in PD or thunderbird

So, after a tournament I played recently, I told somebody I was looking for a disc that would hold an anny line and I ended up with the "sparkle" Legacy Nemesis. Now, I am a strictly RHBH thrower, and every time I use the Nemesis, it turns over far to the right, even on an anny line and even with an early release. It has even turned over into cut rollers too often, so I have tried to make a roller work on some of the open holes my home course offers with little success.

Let me get to the point: Am I just releasing the disc in the wrong spot on my run-up or do I need to switch to something less understable for an anny line that will turn back? Also, should I change the roller for another disc or do I just need to release the Nemesis a little earlier?

You've got it backwards... Landing in a cut roller means it's holding the anny TOO well. Either a flatter release with that disc or a more stable disc on your current release angle will give you the shot you're looking for

I have a legend nemesis and it's way more stable than my icon bandit. Flies like a broken in PD or thunderbird

sounds like this is what i need.. i LOVE my Legend Bandits more beefiier than my icon so if the Legend Nemmy is beefier than this Icon it could be perfect!

I'm having trouble understanding why people are comparing this disc to a PD or Thunderbird. If I threw a nemesis like either one of those discs it would turn and burn so hard it would bore a hole straight to china. For me its every bit of a -4 high speed turn disc as advertised. If anything I would compare it to a prototype Daedalus.

the above post is the only time i have seen anyone describe them as PD or Thunderbird like.. i have a 173 Silver Legend and a 168 Icon .. the Icon is a flip machine! fun to throw but very very flippy.. good for hzerflip bombs, rollers, etc. .. my Legend is not near that flippy but i would still call it understable.. if thrown flat it most def has some turn but will fight it a bit at the end.. with slight hyzer it will flip up and do a bombing s type flight.. really been enjoying the legend for open max distance or crazy hyzerflip woods golf lines .. fwiw max distance for me is prob 330 or so

Resurrecting an old one here, for a very under-appreciated disc.

I randomly picked up a Glow Nemesis in the fall, and it has slowly worked its way into my bag as a main thrower. I am going to this disc all the time, for tunnel shots where my Stalkers are unlikely to get me there. Really, really liking it.

It's a hyzer flip machine, flips to flat and drifts just a little bit to the right before finishing hard. Just enough stability to hold the line. Also bombs in a heavy tailwind. So if you thought the Icon or Legend Nemesis was too flippy for you, try out a Glow and you might be surprised.