• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nets

Unless you are just throwing putters I don't imagine a net would last very long. Anything that is going to effectively stop the disc, is most likely going to also mess with the disc itself.

i wanted to make one of these for some time after seeing some pros warm up into one at the vibram open. Any thoughts would be cool. Golf nets and baseball batting nets can be super pricey.

Even if it was similar to a volleyball net ? I would imagine it wouldntess up the discs since they get thrown at chains anyway, right?

Moving blankets are tough enough take a beating and would allow you enough surface to spray paint some circles to aim at. This probably wouldn't look very good, though.

^^^ not a bad idea.. i have a buddy to moves furniture for a living and those things are tough

Even if it was similar to a volleyball net ? I would imagine it wouldntess up the discs since they get thrown at chains anyway, right?

The disc would be fine throwing at a net, I just don't imagine the net lasting very long. Drivers have pretty sharp edges and the nets aren't made for that. Still give it a try though the worst that can happen is you are out the cost of a net.

Sometimes, I'll flip the mattress up and throw drives into it. Works indoors, is quiet, and doesn't damage anything.

The disc would be fine throwing at a net, I just don't imagine the net lasting very long. Drivers have pretty sharp edges and the nets aren't made for that. Still give it a try though the worst that can happen is you are out the cost of a net.

Ill give it a shot on building a large net, in the meantime ill use batting cages. Let you know how that goes

moving blankets are the answer. get a grommet punch and add two holes, one in each corner, and hang indoors (garage, basement etc.)

when the disc hits, it stops for a split second at the exact angle of release. you can actually see hyzer, anhyzer etc.

get two blankets, one to fold up for the floor so the discs don't get trashed hitting the ground.

Form practice is worthless if you can't see the outcome, or worse, harmful. You could be OATing every throw to oblivion and you'd never know it.

^that or cheap tarps from a goodwill or check out habitat for humanity down 235/broadway extension and get off at 23rd continuing straight on broadway itll be on the left. they got tons of stuff im sure you could find something there.

I'm moving to the midwest this summer, and am thinking about buying/building a net to mount in my garage for driving practice during the winter months.
My challenge is finding something that can be set-up and torn down with relative ease so that I can still park our cars in the garage.

I have thought about building a frame out of PVC pipe, and just have some holes/fittings mounted into the ground. Some heavy duty fabric might work just fine.

For added pimpiness, mounting a chronograph in front of the target would allow you to measure the forward traveling speed of the disc. http://www.amazon.com/Shooting-Chrony-Alpha-Chronograph-red/dp/B001BR6RGM/ref=pd_sbs_sg_7
I guess you'd just need to make sure that the chrono registered the speeds at which a disc is thrown. 50-100mph I guess?

I'm moving to the midwest this summer, and am thinking about buying/building a net to mount in my garage for driving practice during the winter months.
My challenge is finding something that can be set-up and torn down with relative ease so that I can still park our cars in the garage.

I have thought about building a frame out of PVC pipe, and just have some holes/fittings mounted into the ground. Some heavy duty fabric might work just fine.

For added pimpiness, mounting a chronograph in front of the target would allow you to measure the forward traveling speed of the disc. http://www.amazon.com/Shooting-Chrony-Alpha-Chronograph-red/dp/B001BR6RGM/ref=pd_sbs_sg_7
I guess you'd just need to make sure that the chrono registered the speeds at which a disc is thrown. 50-100mph I guess?

Ive thought something similar as well

My ex roomate has a net he setup in the back yard. It looks like an old hockey goal net, strung on up with plastic coated cable and then anchored to the ground with a couple of bungee cables.

Works great, has a small piece of tarp with a target in the middle, protects the net and stalls the disc to see angle.

Here is some vid of me throwing at it.

http://youtu.be/QNI410xLNx0

I've got a golf cart and a big yard so I throw, ride, throw, ride, throw, ride.. you get the picture.

I would think one of those golf practice nets would work. They are a little pricey new, but the one I have seemed very durable, I would think thousands of golf balls would be as abrasive as discs. Drivers aren't that sharp.

Latest posts